Mar 26, 2012, 01:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Very Bad experience with Xheli (short and long)

Very displeased and not getting anyhwere with XHELI support
have an order that I've very unhappy with and another order that
they are not shipping out that I have already paid for.

They somehow decided 4 days after the order was placed and charged my card
and emailed me that they are now holding the order until I agree to pay an extra ~$12 in shipping charges that they somehow missed when I placed the order.
I emailed them back asking them to please ship the order and have had
absolutely no response, and have not been able to get through on the phone.
I have also asked them repeatedly to call and/or email regarding the defective
Helicopter.

I have a Walkera CB180D that was shipped defective.
I didn't find out until after it crashed. the antenna wire that is normally soldered
to the RX board was not soldered.
It was simply popped through the hole where it was supposed to be soldered.
I didn't know or have an easy way of knowing this until I lost control of it around 20feet from the transmitter when it lost signal. we found that the antenna wire
had fallen out of the Helicopter and had never been actually soldered to the board.

More Details some repeat information:
----------------------------

Here's my buying experience with XHeli which also has been much less than favorable.
Please see *this* https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1618431 forum thread about the Heli which at first I thought the problem was me, then the antenna problem was revealed and then this forum points out
some problems about the Heli.

I'm throughly upset with both XHeli and the Walkera180D. Xheli for Not returning any support calls or emails in over a full week (I have two open support issues) and clearly not caring about customer support whatsoever.

I ordered $40 in parts paid and waited for my order to arrive.
4 days later I get an email from XHeli saying that I must agree to pay an additional $11.95 in an additional shipping charge and that I need to agree and pay this $11.95 before the order will be released (after I paid already and my order was complete and supposed to be on it's way).
This has set me back over a week so far and I did not have my heli parts to get it going again for my flying class this weekend. + the issue is still not resolved I'm without my parts and XHeli has my money and are holding my order. I've sat on hold and have been unable to get though on the phone yet.
My Walkera CB180D was defective out of the box I had already ordered replacement parts after I first tried to fly it outside in Zero wind and it went out of control very badly and crashed.
I didn't realize this until after I had already ordered my parts and under very close inspection I discovered the small antenna wire was NOT soldered into the RX board on the Heli.
And this is why I lost control after about 10-15 feet away from the TX. you had to look very carefully UNDER the label to realize it was not soldered into the board.
When I first tried to fly it it actually fell out of the board. I originally thought it had broken off due to the severe crash but once I looked closer and noticed no solder on the antenna wire or the board I was pretty upset!
This is not Xheli's problem but they do not care and have been absoltuely no help at all and appear to be ignoring my messages to call me back or it's just not a priority for xheli to help me get both of my issues
resolved. It's been over a week now since I sent a support request about the defective RX board and resulting crash.
My two open issues (for over a week with XHeli are: The bad Heli and the parts order that has been put on hold after I paid for it.

Please Do not buy this Heli if you expect to do more than gentle hovering and no more than 30-60FT from the TX and that is if you get one that's not missing solder on it's 2.4GHz antenna wire.
See the forum link mentioned above for more details and problems with this particular Helicopter and it's radio system.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2012, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Danny V
Mar 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Thanks DannyV you are the one person who took care of me last time when I finally got a response after two years of asking about that order where I was sent the wrong parts for my ESky hunter.
You took good care of that.
I may need to work directly with you from now on becuase It usually goes weeks and I have to persist to get help.
Thanks I will check out the PM.
Mar 26, 2012, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Danny, Do you have my reply to your PM?
Thanks.
Mar 26, 2012, 07:08 PM
Goodluck! I have been ignored for a while now.
Mar 29, 2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiekid42
Goodluck! I have been ignored for a while now.
standard operating procedure for these clowns
Mar 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
Thread OP
NItrotech:

I responded to your questions and agreed that you could ship me the broken parts and new RX with a working soldered antenna,
Although I'd prefer an entire Helicopter replacement and not have to do the
repair work if I didn't have to ship the broken one back.
I listed the parts carefully and in detail twice in two messages.

However I have not heard back in 3 days.
You've left me in the dark and I've asked twice for an update.
Please update me and thanks.
Apr 01, 2012, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
2 more days have passed and no repsonse to my requests for updates via email or here.
Apr 03, 2012, 12:12 AM
Thread OP
<RANT>
Another full 24 hour business day has passed I'm left totally in the dark with no updates
to my PMs or email messages.
Xheli/NItrotech why are you doing this?
You started to help me (or said you were) days ago
Why can't you finish your job?

I seriously would like this taken care of, this is incredibly frustrating.
Delays are one thing but total failure to communicate and not respond
to customers is intollerable.
You respond a long time ago as if you're going to help and ask me if it's ok to replace the
defective RX and damaged parts.
And then never again a reply or any idea as to if you got my reply or anything.
I am prepared to dispute the charges on my credit card and go after XHeli
legally if at all possible if this does not get taken care of.

I'm really upset and I do not put up with this type of customer service.
</RANT>

:-)

Steve
Apr 03, 2012, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
Please and Thank you.
(90 degree lag).
Apr 03, 2012, 02:09 PM
I have sent you a PM regarding this issue
Apr 03, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
Got the PM.
Please look at my response/questions and let me know that you have it.
Thanks.
Apr 09, 2012, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
No reply or response since March 3rd.

Where this sits now.

I originally waited almost 2 weeks with no response from xheli.

Then Danny (nitro tech) picked up and asked me to PM.

I also opened a cooresponding support ticket at xheli for this so they can easily track.
I feel there are no excuses for these kinds of delays in communication.
This is not how you do business in the United States.
Or at least not for very long.

I did this and re-explained the problem.
Thought I was going to get help but did not, Danny just disappeared and did
not come back or reply (for 5 business days).

At this point I paid for and ordered replacement parts to fix my heli myself.
Did not get them from xheli, xheli was out of stock on some of the parts.

I soldered a new 2.4GHz 1/4λ antenna wire onto the RX myself.
I had scheduled time with an instructor and needed to have my heli ready and working for the day long event.

Danny came back after this long wait and apologized for the delays.

But told me I have to ship him back the Defective RX before they will send me
the new RX and replacement parts.

I have more training time (full day scheduled that I cannot reschedule)..
And I asked if there was any way we could do this without sending back the bad RX until I get the new one.
They said no.

I asked if they would still replace the RX and not give me any trouble because I soldered on the missing antenna myself because I needed it for my training
and I was getting now response from XHeli during this time for nearly 3 weeks.
I'm a skilled tech. and did a great job soldering on the new antenna but range
on the heli sucks, it's only around 40FT from the TX until it drops off.
Good enough for my indoor class but not good for outdoor flying.

I'm on another full week wait again and they are not answering my question..

I really need assurance this is going to be taken care of. before I send my stuff back
just to have them tell me theey're going to give me a hard time over trying to fix the defective RX during that period of no help no response.

Steve
Apr 09, 2012, 05:10 PM
I got my defective heli on March 16 and I have been trying to rectify this problem since. The only person I have received any contact from is Danny, but I have not heard from him in a while now. I have been waiting on my replacement heli for over a week now(it isn't even the right color though). My girlfriend(the purchaser) e-mailed him again asking for a tracking number and we still have not gotten a reply. I wonder how a company can justify spending so much money on advertising and so little on customer service...
Apr 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Ok, nitrotech got back to me today and answered my last question.
I just wish they'd communicate on the normal business 24-48 hour cycle instead of having to wait nearly a week, and if they miss my message or don't respond I have to wait another week. I will let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply