Jun 17, 2012, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE=G-unit;21918398]
Quote:
Originally Posted by murzwern

WOW looks allot more then that, OK put 3 for your (Y) on your GPS settings and try that.
I'm not understanding why I would do that though G Unit? That's the X measurement we are talking about..
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2012, 03:08 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
[QUOTE=murzwern;21918425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit

I'm not understanding why I would do that though G Unit? That's the X measurement we are talking about..
X is front to back, Y is right to left, Z is up and down.
Jun 17, 2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbankuest
Hi all,

I just tested the NAZA GPS today, not quite what i expected.

Since i updated firmware to v2.01 things have changed a lot. I have built a F550 hexa with T-motor 2212 and Dji 30amp ESC and added the Naza GPS to give it a first try.

I'm having a lot of issues with it. Flight time has decreased a lot, I know it has 2 more motors and its heavier than the quad, but i was not expecting the flight time to decrease by about 50%.

I'm also having yaw issues and wobbling. And if it's a bit windy its way too unstable. I tried to adjust the gains while in flight, didn't get any good result to stop the wobbling.

To take of i have to give it more throttle than before and i notice its much less responsive, if i descend quick, giving it full throttle is not enough to compensate and stop it to touch the ground. Vertical climbing is much slower than before.

I'm new to hexas, maybe i'm missing something

If someone has some tips i'll appreciate it

Cheers!
Wow this thread moves on quickly overnight!

@ urbankuest :- I found the same wobbles and yaw issues when I updated my hexa to the latest firmware. It was simply that I copied over my previous gain settings and they were no longer high enough. My hexa is bigger than the 550, so don't use these figures directly, but as a guide I now have the pitch, roll and yaw gains around 225-235 and it flys very nicely. Vertical gain is not so noticeable in effect, but I have increased that too. (160 - 170)

Malcolm
Jun 17, 2012, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=G-unit;21918437]
Quote:

X is front to back, Y is right to left, Z is up and down.
That measurement your asking about is for Y.
Jun 17, 2012, 03:21 AM
[QUOTE=murzwern;21918454]
Quote:

That measurement your asking about is for Y.
YES, you said your quad drifts to the right,
Jun 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
[QUOTE=G-unit;21918468]
Quote:

YES, you said your quad drifts to the right,
Ok now I understand. I'll try that and get back to you
Jun 17, 2012, 03:28 AM
[QUOTE=murzwern;21918474]
Quote:

Ok now I understand. I'll try that and get back to you
OK,
Last edited by G-unit; Jun 17, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Jun 17, 2012, 03:55 AM
A video of my 330 with gps, this was in ATTI mode, camera was zoomed in just a bit so it was a little shaky, but im really liken it
DJI Naza 330 (2 min 42 sec)
Jun 17, 2012, 04:07 AM
[QUOTE=G-unit;21918483]
Quote:

OK,
On that pic you have X and Y around the wrong way as per manual
Jun 17, 2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
To me it looks like your (Y) needs to be around 5 or 6, try that and see what it does..
G Unit, Ive worked out what I did wrong. My X and Y figures are wrong. I need to swap them around !! Sorry but thanks for your help
Jun 17, 2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillzillaAus
I'm having the same problem as Mike - I tried what you wrote there but it doesn't make sense sorry.

Is there a simply way to make switch E (the one I use) output go into failsafe on the NAZA when I turn the TX off?
It is really that simple, i'm assuming you have your CH5 in AUX1 and already set up for a 3 position switch.

Now like i said what i did to activate failsafe without turn off the radio was just to add a Programable Mix:

[Leave this field empty] -> [AUX1]
Assign a 2 position switch to it, move it to position ON and adjust the offset, while you change the offset values watch the naza assistant to check when failsafe turns blue.

To turn off the TX you have to set up failsafe in your Receiver.

To do that just press the button on the receiver for 6 seconds, the 2 lights will blink, you have 5 seconds now to set failsafe values. move throttle to about 30% or 40%, and make sure your CH5 is outputting the failsafe value (adjust your 3 pos switch setting to output failsafe) you can put it back to normal once you finish setting up the failsafe on the RX. Now turn RX and TX Off and On again.

To test the failsafe just turn off the radio and check in the naza assistant if the throttle moves to the values you set and failsafe activates.

Cheers!
Jun 17, 2012, 05:25 AM
[QUOTE=murzwern;21918568]
Quote:

On that pic you have X and Y around the wrong way as per manual
I don't think so, but maybe.....
Jun 17, 2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
G Unit, Ive worked out what I did wrong. My X and Y figures are wrong. I need to swap them around !! Sorry but thanks for your help
COOL, i hope it is flying good now.
Jun 17, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
COOL, i hope it is flying good now.
Will check when I get home from work in the morning
Jun 17, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Thank you. The frame comes from hoverthing. Made in house.
Sweet rigged out quad, did you home build?
Sure would like like to know the specs and what you are using on it
please keep us updated on the naza/gps and how it flies

Quick Reply