Aug 02, 2012, 06:17 AM
Kiss the Sky
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobbyking poor customer service

Hi,
I have to write to inform others. It pains me to do so as I have used Hobbyking many times without any problems and I have had much communication with regarding this matter, but I ordered a battery (1800 3s) not that makes much difference. It never arrived. Tracking shows that it went to my local mail depot but there is no record of it ever being sent to my address, it was merely returned to Germany. I have asked Hobbyking so many times to please just resend it, which they refuse to do unless I pay for the postage, which as we all know is a major cost of the part, and as I have not received what I paid for in good faith, why should I? Now whether it was a failing on the mail service or Hobbyking, I can't say, but you would have thought to keep me as an ongoing customer, they would simply have put another battery in the post? I am very unhappy about this especially as it only had to come from Germany to the UK. So just to make others aware or to ask if anyone else has suffered this poor customer care?
I am sorry Hobbyking but I have given you so many opportunities to simply rectify my complaint, but it seems that the cost of postage is more important than customer service and loyalty? Its very sad state of affairs.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2012, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Everyone knows they don't have customer service. You buy at your own risk of getting screwed.
Aug 02, 2012, 07:10 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Just initiale a payment refund through your credit card or Paypal.

I use Hobbyking a lot but for batteries I'd not touch them. Try www.giantshark.co.uk , they sell Gens Ace batteries which are miles better than anything Hobbyking have, and much the same price once post is considered
Aug 02, 2012, 07:41 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
I've purchased from HK many times. I'm happy with their servos, motors and esc's. I have bought batteries from them, but since all of them have to go through Switzerland now, I'm purchasing elsewhere. Getting Gens Aces for about the same price as Rhinos by the time shipping is taken into account. Considering I get my batteries 2 weeks sooner from another source this makes any variance in price worth it. So far only about $10 or less more for batteries. Plus Gens Ace are much better quality.
Aug 02, 2012, 10:32 AM
You have to pay for customer service, whether you see it or not. When you're paying $6 for a Rx that performs roughly the same as a $50 Rx, no one's holding your hand or backing you up.

HK provides a service, but you have to manage your expectations.

I use them all the time and love the products I buy, but I'm not putting anything at risk. OrangeRx in foamie UMs and tanks, absolutely, very little risk. OrangeRx in a plane that took 6 months to build, no way.
Aug 02, 2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Just initiale a payment refund through your credit card or Paypal.
Exactly.
Aug 02, 2012, 04:13 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
a few possibilities:

#1 HK had your address incorrect...so it went undelivered, and after a certain time, it is then shipped back.

#2 You entered your address incorrectly on order ...so it went undelivered, and after a certain time, it is then shipped back.

#3 Your local postal screwed up the To: address (address smudge,etc) and now they can't deliver it, so they sent it back

#4 Your postal actually tried delivering it, but you weren't home, so it went undelivered, and after a certain time, it is then shipped back. My local USPS only delivers once, then will hold on to it till I pick it up. and if not picked up, it gets shipped back.

In any event, if it made it that far, I would have to assume, it's your Local postal that screwed up somewhere.

So yes. It would come down to simply if HK is willing to provide above and beyond their obligations and resend...after all this is what you are asking. They really have no obligation to do this if you simply didn't go pick it up or your Postal didn't deliver it.

see ausf's post above...

I would urge you if you feel this is a HK at fault thing, file your paypal thing and never buy from them again. I tell this to a lot of folks, If you need 'awesome' cs, hand holding, big bright smiles talking to you on a live phone, HK isn't the place for you.
Aug 02, 2012, 04:15 PM
Phttt ill buy from anyone else ! There service is non existent !
Aug 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
Phttt ill buy from anyone else ! There service is non existent !
Quite honestly, if we had more folks like you, HK would shape up...Yes?
But unfortunately, as is, for every customer that says they'll never shop HK again, there are 3 new ones lining up to buy.

and then there are too many of those that say "i'll never shop there again" but a few months later, there's a new thread in the HK vendor section from the same guy.
Aug 03, 2012, 07:25 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriceye
but I ordered a battery (1800 3s) not that makes much difference. It never arrived. Tracking shows that it went to my local mail depot but there is no record of it ever being sent to my address, it was merely returned to Germany. I have asked Hobbyking so many times to please just resend it, which they refuse to do unless I pay for the postage.
Sorry to read about your problem with your battery coming from HK,but from what i've read and how i see it it's not really HK fault but i would say it's down to the postal service.
As you could track it to your local mail depot so there for HK had sent it out in good faith,is it just me who see this as a postal service fault as it got to your local depot.
I'd say it's down to them and have you tried putting in a claim with them(local postal service) because you might still have the tracking info to prove it got to your local postal depot and there fore it was down to them to deliver it to you was it not,there again the postal service might say they tried to deliver it to you but no one was in,i take it they didn't as you would of said plus you should of got a card/note to say they tried to deliver a parcel,but no one was in to receive it and there for you will have to pick it up at your local depot to rearrange another deliver,if you don't respond in time to that they will then send it back to sender in this case HK Euro warehouse.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but thats what i would do if i were in your shoes,plus i would be happy to except HK's offer of a new battery and pay the postal service as they may be able to send one from there UK warehouse,which would be a lot cheaper if they have the one you want in stock it might be worth a try.

I hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction soon.
Aug 04, 2012, 09:59 AM
Kiss the Sky
Thread OP
Thanks guys, all very valid points. It cant have been the wrong address as my address, having bought many items before is in their records and was correct as per tracking. As I said it may well have been the postal service, what yanked my chain was that they just would not simply re-send the item shown as being returned to their depot? Surely no biggie? I will try the Paypal/credit card refund route but think I paid by debit card (my fault). My post was more to warn others and as 1 poster said, if more people 'complained' in forums like this, they may take notice. But as another poster said, one pays small bucks for good quality (in most cases) items, so you get what you pay for. That is however not much of an argument once I thought more about it? I wonder how many 100's of 1,000's they have made from non-delivery or poor/non existant customer service when people like me gave up? Surely its only by speaking up things might change. As I said, its a shame as generally they seem good, but to lose money in these times and to be 'blanked' by them is, in my opinion, immoral. Hey ho, live and learn eh?
PS considering I only posted this a few hours ago, the number of responses is interesting? I'd suggest HK need to seriously have a re-think?
Thanks for all input and suggestions. Good luck to everyone else. I for one shall be trying other suppliers including those recommended above. Thanks guys.
Last edited by electriceye; Aug 04, 2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Addition
Aug 04, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Thanks guys, all very valid points. It cant have been the wrong address as my address, having bought many items before is in their records and was correct as per tracking. As I said it may well have been the postal service, what yanked my chain was that they just would not simply re-send the item shown as being returned to their depot? Surely no biggie? I will try the Paypal/credit card refund route but think I paid by debit card (my fault). My post was more to warn others and as 1 poster said, if more people 'complained' in forums like this, they may take notice. But as another poster said, one pays small bucks for good quality (in most cases) items, so you get what you pay for. That is however not much of an argument once I thought more about it? I wonder how many 100's of 1,000's they have made from non-delivery or poor/non existant customer service when people like me gave up? Surely its only by speaking up things might change. As I said, its a shame as generally they seem good, but to lose money in these times and to be 'blanked' by them is, in my opinion, immoral. Hey ho, live and learn eh?
PS considering I only posted this a few hours ago, the number of responses is interesting? I'd suggest HK need to seriously have a re-think?
Thanks for all input and suggestions. Good luck to everyone else. I for one shall be trying other suppliers including those recommended above. Thanks guys.
Not interesting at all, just the normal HK whinefest as other scramble to get their negativity in. BTW, how much will you be out-of-pocket if you pay for them to resend it?
Aug 04, 2012, 10:59 AM
Kiss the Sky
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__
Not interesting at all, just the normal HK whinefest as other scramble to get their negativity in. BTW, how much will you be out-of-pocket if you pay for them to resend it?
Your opinion,which I respect. Sorry if it appears a whingefest, but then I am am a whinging POM! and surely that's not the point, its the principle? Oh well. I guess it was all my fault for expecting to actually receive stuff I paid for? I will not be bothering to contribute to this any longer, life's too short Love, happiness and good flying to all. May all parts you order arrive, from whichever supplier you chose. It's a free world (well most of it is).
Last edited by electriceye; Aug 04, 2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Incorrect statement
Aug 04, 2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Your opinion,which I respect. Sorry if it appears a whingefest, but then I am am a whinging POM! and surely that's not the point, its the principle? Anyway, I have just received a well meaning I'm sure PM warning me that HK will be after me!! Ninja death squad perhaps? Oh well. I guess it was all my fault for expecting to actually receive stuff I paid for? I will not be bothering to contribute to this any longer, life's too short (especially with a bunch of Ninja's after one!)
Love, happiness and good flying to all. May all parts you order arrive, from whichever supplier you chose. It's a free world (well most of it is).
I bet it was £5 - hardly worth worrying about. Also, you get buyers protection with VISA debit too.

Oh, yeah, and you negated to say what courier. It can't have been Parcel Force as that isn't an option from Germany last I looked.
Aug 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
Something like that happen to me with HK. It seems my local PO had my stuff for a few weeks and never delivered it to my home. HK sent me the tracking # and the PO found it in a couple of days.

If I hadn't called when I did they were going to send it back to HK.

Your issue is with the PO not HK.

Quick Reply