Dec 09, 2011, 09:28 AM
I am looking forward to a weekend hanging out with Hoot Gibson! What an incredible guy.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2012, 10:59 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Thread OP
The ama show was great!
I took pictures but I'm on my phone until Sunday night.

High lights for me:
E bandit
new hobby people mig 15
eflite F-4
seeing my new hanger 9 giant scale p-47 in person (have it on order)
meeting many vendors I deal with
Really fun to see and hold all the new products its like the ultimate hobby shop

Got a great deal on a hacker a60-16 l from aeromodel

Ran into a bunch of club mates....we had a great time and plan to come back next year
heading to disney land this morning
post pictures when I get home
later
Jan 08, 2012, 11:35 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
That XF-11 is awesome! Im guessing that is a model for a museum? If not I would love a short kit with all the fiberglass parts please .
Jan 09, 2012, 02:19 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Nice pics! Sorry we didn't run into each other down there. That Mig at the Hobby People booth was sweet wasn't it? We got some pics from our trip down there as well ..... If you're interested check them out over here: http://hdflyer.com/2012-ama-expo/
Latest blog entry: D100
Jan 09, 2012, 04:11 AM
Don't tell me they split the fuse on the Mig-15 too like the Panther. The only reason i see this even being done is for shipping purposes to the U.S.

Other wise it makes no sinse to split a plastic jet in half like it's a large Skymaster Turbine Jet
Jan 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
I'm sure it saves a lot of shipping cost by reducing the box size. If done right most will never notice the break.
Jan 09, 2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
I'm sure it saves a lot of shipping cost by reducing the box size. If done right most will never notice the break.
When i order the Mig-15 last year it cost $700 bucks in shipping

Got lucky with the Panther sister in -law brought in back from Australia with her for only $200 bucks for a over size box

Still with both kits being sold here in the U.S. at $1300 bucks the customer is still eating some of the shipping cost (Plane plus gear) $900 bucks
Jan 09, 2012, 11:07 AM
Classic jets rule
the break in the panther was not that easy to see.if there a break in the mig i totally missed that .the ducting was nice in the mig.not sure where the batts would go ???
Jan 09, 2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
the break in the panther was not that easy to see.if there a break in the mig i totally missed that .the ducting was nice in the mig.not sure where the batts would go ???
Remember i did a build on it last year battery's sit in the nose on each side next to the nose intake

Better picture on the right you'll need 8000mAH for good flight time and to hit the cg point 12's just isn't going to get the cg right.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m+120mm+mig+15
Jan 09, 2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyTha1
When i order the Mig-15 last year it cost $700 bucks in shipping

Got lucky with the Panther sister in -law brought in back from Australia with her for only $200 bucks for a over size box

Still with both kits being sold here in the U.S. at $1300 bucks the customer is still eating some of the shipping cost (Plane plus gear) $900 bucks
Exactly my point, you would have never paid that much to ship it.
It also appears that they have vastly improved the model's finish too.
Jan 09, 2012, 11:28 AM
Is that a fuel tank I see in the one photo lying on the bottom of the fuse???
Jan 09, 2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Is that a fuel tank I see in the one photo lying on the bottom of the fuse???
Lol yep thats a fuel tank that came with it at the time.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:39 PM
The RC Geek
Quote:
Exactly my point, you would have never paid that much to ship it.
It also appears that they have vastly improved the model's finish too.
Yeah, its all about box size. You can save a ton on shipping if you don't have an oversized box. The finish on the panther is vastly improved and they upper the thickness of the plastic too, so there's more durability. It's a very nice jet.

I'm surprised no one got pics of the huge hawk in the airtronics booth. It's huge and yes its electric. One of the next ntech jets coming out. Should be making an appearance at arf.

Chris
Jan 09, 2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah but those kits aren't worth no $1399 either short box or big box

Quick Reply