Apr 08, 2011, 07:38 PM
The loose nut behind the TX
I know it's most likely in here somewhere but haven't quite figured out how to get a fitered search result using a multiple word string...finishing up build on my 51, everything is done except locating and mounting the cowl.

Need an assist from those that have gone before....(assuming someone else has run into this) how did you guys mount prop with Extreme Flight spinner on the Hacker A30-12XL prop adapter...doesn't seem to have enough space for backplate + prop + prop washer + prop nut...I'm out of threads once I put on the prop washer.

Anyone have a pic?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2011, 07:44 PM
Go without the prop washer, or just use a regular washer in it's place and use a dab of loctite.
Apr 08, 2011, 07:53 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
the 51 slick is the perfect size plane for the throw in the back of the car and go. Or fly in the front yard and still give you that bigger plane feel.

Attachment 3924591Attachment 3924592

The 71 is just amazing and has that presence in the air. Smooth is all I have to say!

Attachment 3924593Attachment 3924594
Losi!

Your private grass strip is just awesome man. If I lived there I would be flying all day long. The wife would not be happy, but I would!

Hehe,

-Buzzed
Apr 08, 2011, 08:32 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Losi!

Your private grass strip is just awesome man. If I lived there I would be flying all day long. The wife would not be happy, but I would!

Hehe,

-Buzzed
How do you think I get 5000+ fligths a year in
Apr 08, 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSchre
I know it's most likely in here somewhere but haven't quite figured out how to get a fitered search result using a multiple word string...finishing up build on my 51, everything is done except locating and mounting the cowl.

Need an assist from those that have gone before....(assuming someone else has run into this) how did you guys mount prop with Extreme Flight spinner on the Hacker A30-12XL prop adapter...doesn't seem to have enough space for backplate + prop + prop washer + prop nut...I'm out of threads once I put on the prop washer.

Anyone have a pic?
Watch the build videos...
Apr 08, 2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSchre

Anyone have a pic?
I have had no trouble with the hacker a30-12XL and the extream flight spinner I have a lot of room still. I am using a wooden propeller. What prop are you using?
Apr 08, 2011, 08:36 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
I didn't use the prop washer. Note apc changed the hubs on there bigger electric props. I know the 14x7 prop hubs got bigger so the new one I couldnt bearly get to fit. the older style I had no issues
Apr 08, 2011, 09:30 PM
Here We Go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg1999
Go without the prop washer, or just use a regular washer in it's place and use a dab of loctite.
I made that same recommendation a while back, and I got dragged through the coals for it. However, I've been flying my with out the prop washer since I got it. I'm using a Xoar prop if that matters.
Apr 08, 2011, 09:47 PM
I may have an apology to make... maybe.

I thought JeffSchre was asking on how to set/mount the cowling ( on the fuse )... perhaps I misspoke mentioning to watch the build vids if it was a question about the prop thickness instead

Randy
Apr 08, 2011, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk
I made that same recommendation a while back, and I got dragged through the coals for it. However, I've been flying my with out the prop washer since I got it. I'm using a Xoar prop if that matters.
It's worked for me several times!
Apr 08, 2011, 09:53 PM
Here We Go!
I certainly don't do it on all my planes.....but the prop adapter on the A30 12XL is so short that it's almost the only way if you want to run a spinner too.
Apr 08, 2011, 09:56 PM
Well, I might review the build vids...but I fixed it, went a little different route.

I don't know about the prop adapter on everyone else's Hacker but the one that I got had a flange on the prop shaft approx. 1/8 inch in front of the motor mounting block, the APC prop hub can fit over that flange but the backplate for the spinner could not...so I reamed the prop shaft opening (stepping up one drill bit at a time) in the backplate until it cleared that flange. Turned out rather nicely, and the flange actually now helps to keep the backplate centered.

Now I have more than enough room for the prop washer and the prop nut...even has threads to spare.
Apr 08, 2011, 10:00 PM
Here We Go!
Hmmm....I misunderstood your original post then. The EF Spinners usually have a insert that fits different sized prop adapters. Usually doesn't require reaming. Hang on....now I have to go look at mine to see if I even know what I'm talking about.
Apr 08, 2011, 10:12 PM
Now that you say that it may not be an EF spinner...I just assumed that since I bought all the hardware used from racerxky and everything else was on the recommended list...but his orig. post in the Addicts thread doesn't actually say EF Spinner...just "red spinner".

Sure looks like an EF though.
Apr 08, 2011, 10:22 PM
Here We Go!
Sounds like a Great Planes Spinner.

Quick Reply