Aug 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Discussion

BCSF BoB commemorative flight

Guys

I have posted the BCSF invite/info on the Thursday afternoon Battle of Britain commemorative flight at http://www.neatfair.org/news.php

About the only thing I have appropriate at this moment is an FSK BF-110 in russian front colors... it will have to do. Who else is going to participate?

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2011, 02:46 PM
Closed Account
Assuming all goes well, Micki and I will be up there mid-day Thursday. We'll have a Fairey Flycatcher with us; the original was circa 1920, but some lasted in service a lot longer were around until around the start of the BofB era.

CD
Aug 21, 2011, 03:15 PM
D.G.B.
How about a Junkers Ju 52 transport plane?.Tom didn't you have a Me 109? I know way back you where building brian taylor Me 109.
stefanP
Latest blog entry: Scorpion hotliner
Aug 21, 2011, 07:51 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Tom-- Thanks for posting this. I think we'll have a great turn out for this. As the Godfather of this thing I can tell you that all three of the mentioned planes will do nicely.

Pretty much any aircraft (within reason) that flew over England in the summer of 1940 will do. If an Me-110 or 109 caught a Miles or DeHavilland trainer/school plane in the air they would have shot at it so by my very broad definition it'll fit the event. Dust off those old GWS Tiger Moths, give them a nice RAF paint job and they're in. If you've painted it day-glo orange or with flames, etc on it keep it in your tent!

Special note to Petey-- I know Carlos told you the Chinese Zero was ok but no way! I'll let you fly one of my Spitfires.

Okay boys, who else is in?

Mike
Aug 21, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Sounds like I got to dig out my Pink Spitfire =)
Aug 21, 2011, 07:55 PM
Here's the info hotlinked to the NEAT news site:

This year The Bergen County Silent Flyers Club has officially been sanctioned by SEFLI/Tom Hunt to run two new events: The Battle of Britain Day Commemorative Flight and the daily morning
Dawn Patrol for WW1 micro and park flyers (all micros are welcome). These are
events that myself, Michael Kouridakis and Carlos Molina have dreamed up and been working on for the past year and each promises to be a blast.

Thursday September 15 is the day celebrated in Great Britain called The Battle of Britain Day. The day remembers the sacrifices of those Winston Churchill referred to as "The Few", the 3000 odd pilots of the Commonwealth, ex-pat Poles and Frenchmen and even a small band of Americans who defied federal law to make their way to England to fight in the RAF. On the 15th BCSF will be organizing a "flight" of RAF and Axis aircraft sponsored by Castle Creations. The flying has tentatively been scheduled in the 3PM to 4PM time slot. We also have a scrum or dogfight planned with our "rival" club The Jersey Coast Silent Flyers followed by bangers and mash and pints of ale (sausage, mashed potatoes and beer) and movies (The Battle of Britain" and "The Dam Busters") shown in the BCSF Big Top Flying Circus tent as soon as the sun goes down. Come enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow pilots while enjoying a pint and telling lies about the women you've flown and the planes you've slept with. Period dress and bad accents will be tolerated. This is all very low key so if you have an early war RAF or Axis aircraft and you can take off and land where you want then you qualify for this event. (All qualify for the lies and refreshments even if you didn't fly).
BCSF will also be hosting a daily event in the early morning calm called the "Dawn Patrol" which is for
WW1 micros and parkflyers. It's usually a very beautiful time of day at Peaceful Valley. The mist hangs in the air and the low clouds lazily drift through along the flight line. Tea and biscuits will be served at the tent during the pilot briefing. In the evening we will be showing WW1 era movies like “Flyboys” and the recent and very nicely made German film dubbed to English called “The Red Baron”. Refreshments will be served. While we prefer WW1 types all micro flyers are welcome both scratch and RTF.

If you plan on attending any of the tent activities please email Mike Kouridakis at michaelkouridakis@yahoo.com so that we can have special ID's made so that you can have unlimited access to the tent for activities and refreshments. There's always food and drink available but we would like to know how many plan to come so that we can be prepared. BCSF non-members are welcome but will be charged a nominal fee for a refreshment/activity tent pass. Don't forget the LEDGENDARY OREO FRY which is returning this year and the always plentiful keg of cold brew. If you just plan to fly there’s no fee of course as long as you are a NEAT Fair registered pilot. Come and find out why the Jersey gang always has a great time.

Mike Kouridakis BCSF NEAT Fair Event Liaison

Carlos Molina BCSF Club President
Last edited by CarreraGTSCS; Aug 23, 2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Cleaned up page layout
Aug 21, 2011, 08:27 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMET 44
How about a Junkers Ju 52 transport plane?.Tom didn't you have a Me 109? I know way back you where building brian taylor Me 109.
stefanP
Yes, I do have a beautiful Brian Taylor BF-109 from Aug 1940 (Gerhardt Schopfel) but I am not sure it will make it to the show. If it does, I don't want it in the fray with all the others. I would put it up with a couple of spitfires or Hurricanes I can trust the pilots though.

Tom
Aug 21, 2011, 08:33 PM
Tom-- Wasn't the Stuka involved in the BoB? They bombed the Chain Home sites.

Mike
Aug 21, 2011, 11:30 PM
Looks like my PZ Messerschmitt 109 counts for this flight. Count me in...
Aug 22, 2011, 06:21 AM

Guess what???

The windrider hurricane is now ready, I am thinking most of us can pound that arf out in an evening and have it flown and ready for the NEAT BOB flight, I ordered one, so now I dont have to bring my VK 40 size hurri
Aug 22, 2011, 07:26 AM
Is a SE5a too early?
Aug 22, 2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Is a SE5a too early?
Including aircraft in air museums that were bombed might be a bit too broad in scope. Maybe you can join us for our daily Dawn Patrol raids...
Aug 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
Planning on it. Are the dawn patrols also Bathrobe, toga, kilt, silly hat flies in honor of Ray Foley?

Pete
Aug 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Tom-- Wasn't the Stuka involved in the BoB? They bombed the Chain Home sites.

Mike
Yes, but not the G model Hyperion and FMS/Airfield put out. Mine is also russian front colors.
Aug 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Planning on it. Are the dawn patrols also Bathrobe, toga, kilt, silly hat flies in honor of Ray Foley?

Pete
No. Pants and underwear required. There will be a preflight inspection.

Quick Reply