Oct 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I'd not been following this thread... My bad, I suppose.
Oct 22, 2012, 07:32 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Went to the Sunday afternoon matinee of Looper.. Great film! Fun mind twists!
Oct 22, 2012, 07:37 AM
Saw ARGO. Good flick, shoulda waited for Blockbuster. I am more than a little embarrassed, seeing as how I lived through the Iran Hostage Crisis, that I have absolutely no recollection of the 6 hostages that came through Canada. Ahhh, the good old college daze of past...
Oct 22, 2012, 07:44 AM
Playing with toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I rented Prometheus the other day and was deeply disappointed with it.
Should have read my review on it.

I wanted my money back.

Ridley Scott needed to be taken behind a theater... Oh? You can't do that? Ok... He should be made to refund all the ticket sales. I was not a happy camper and I stepped up to the plate for 3D. I won't be rushing out to watch anything he puts his name to in the future.
Latest blog entry: ...
Oct 22, 2012, 01:58 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Should have read my review on it.

I wanted my money back.

Ridley Scott needed to be taken behind a theater... Oh? You can't do that? Ok... He should be made to refund all the ticket sales. I was not a happy camper and I stepped up to the plate for 3D. I won't be rushing out to watch anything he puts his name to in the future.
Wasn't that bad a movie..............
The alien creature effects did look a bit cheesy at times though.
Oct 24, 2012, 06:45 AM
Chillin till SEFF
I bought it because my Pops had not seen it and I had to try it again. He wasn't impressed and I still disliked it

Prometheus is a stain on the Alien series
Oct 24, 2012, 09:39 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Just bought a copy of Prometheus on blu ray 3D (had a giftcard from Barnes & Noble to use up).
I didn't see it when it was out in theaters, so we'll see how it does on the home theater system. I'm hoping for a good workout of the surround sound.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
I bought it because my Pops had not seen it and I had to try it again. He wasn't impressed and I still disliked it

Prometheus is a stain on the Alien series
I haven't seen it yet but want to soon.

I don't have any high aspirations for it as to quality of movie. I just want to see it because it's supposed to answer all the questions brought up by the first Alien movie.
If that's all it does, then I'll be good with it.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Saw Looper a couple weeks ago at the theater with daughter. Overall we liked it, but both being movie critics we shared some of the same criticisms of it. At one moment we both looked at each other simultaneously and barely avoided cracking up on hearing one of the henchmen (probably an upgraded extra) deliver the line, "He's on the run!" Pure cliche cheese.

The virtually total absense of cars from any date in the future of today's present models also made suspension of disbelief difficult. It was as though carmakers stopped designing new cars today and all that is left in the future 32 years from now is today's cars.

We also didn't care for the absurd time paradox idea of disappearing histories and memories that seemed to form the basis of the plot, but were willing to forgive that bit of non-scientific indulgence.

It was quite predictable about the kid.
Oct 28, 2012, 05:36 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Ok, watched Prometheus last night. I'll give it a 3 out of 5 for entertainment value, but that's mostly for visuals and sound. Watching it in blu-ray 3D was a big part of the visual appeal, and the sound effects definitely gave the surround system and the subwoofer a workout.

As far as "answering questions", I'd say it raises more questions than it answers. In fact, there were numerous scenes in the film that seemed to have no contribution to the plot. Stuff just 'happened.' For example, much of the stuff that the android "David" did seemed to be random--no aparent motive. While the 'aliens' were shown to have been somehow connected to the Engineers, that relationship was still very vague and full of questions. The Engineers' actions remained completely mysterious.

The ending left an obvious opening for a sequel, so maybe that's where the 'answers' are to be revealed.
Oct 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
supreme being of leisure
i just saw machete and now feel dumber than i did before. was kinda neat though to see deniro and johnson as a pair of total flakes.
Oct 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Argo is excellent.
Oct 29, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto
Argo is excellent.
Ef Yourself!
Nov 03, 2012, 08:52 PM
Playing with toys.
Skyfall, the latest 007 movie...

5 out of 10

Could have been better, could have been worse.
Latest blog entry: ...
Nov 04, 2012, 09:24 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Skyfall, the latest 007 movie...

5 out of 10

Could have been better, could have been worse.
Interesting... I haven't seen it yet, but many over here have said that they thought it was excellent...

Quick Reply