Sep 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddie
Alan,

Do you run a Naza on your 4s ship? I have the motors and ESC's to convert but wasn't sure if anything else was needed.

Bob
I have a Naza with GPS on my HT-FPV that WiteSpy built and I have a Quadrino with GPS on my WiteSpy 450 FPV. I like both. In GPS, the Naza locks in more solid…..the Quadrino "Loiters". Both are good boards! I run 4S on both right now BUT others are running 3S with higher KV motors. For some reason I like lower KV, 4s setups.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25
Hi Alan,
What ESC's are you using with this combo?
I am using the REFLASHED ESC (RapidESC) 20 AMP from WiteSpy at www.readytoflyquads.com. I like the throttle response of the reflashed ESCs.
Sep 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
It looks like you are on Mars right before you crash. Hate to see that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34
A witespy bites the dust , http://youtu.be/tVkIP8XZAXU
The sun was low in the sky , I was w walking around to get into a better position with less glare , too late.
Sep 27, 2012, 02:21 PM
I have both a HT-FPV and a Witespy 450 and have done a sise-by-side comparison of how they work for me. I have made several modifications to the HT-FPV

I will cut to the chase on my opinions -- I like the Witespy 450 a lot better. I hardly ever crash mine...any more. For what I do, which is nature photography and I work in a flight restrained vertical environment and within 1000 feet and sometimes over water, the 450 just works better. Sometimes I put an expensive camera aboard the pod and I want it back if something happens so I do not fly them very far. I seldom have a problem with the 450 and it has proved very reliable. In perilous places I leave the GPS and OSD on the ground. If I am going to hang a very expensive ornament 300 feet up a tree It does not have to set me back $1300! The $700 for 450 plus GoPro will hurt enough but then I have been putting Nikon cameras in the ocean for 30 years so I appreciate risk.

For me - The HT-FPV is a blast to fly and it is very fast, especially if you fly it without a GoPro camera. I love to fly FPV with this frame and have many hours on it. Crows fear me! I have a high-end 600 line CCD flight cam and can fly on all but the darkest nights. However I find the frame to be very twitchy in flight and it does not like downwind hard rudder turns which turn them into Lawn Darts. I cannot make it take good video at slow hovering speeds. It does not handle (or I cannot make it handle) slow, smooth changes in direction as well as the 450. It is harder for me to fly in tight places.
Hoverthings HT-FPV vs, Witespy 450 Quad Copters - A side-by-side Comparison (8 min 13 sec)

I think the best analogy is that my Witespy 450 is like a Ford F-150 pickup truck; does everything, never breaks, cheap to fix, easy to repair, does the job. My Hoverthings HT-FPV is like having a race car in the garage that is fast, complicated, requires frequent repairs, is twitchy to drive hard, and prompts me to try things I have no business doing, usually producing a high speed video ending with a session of lawn darts and fade to black. They are worth every hour of the repair!
Sep 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
Retired Old Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
You still on 3S?
Yes. My batteries are all 3s. I have 2 that are 2200mah 25c Nano-Tech that Paul provided. I have a Zippy 2450mah 30c and a Sky Lipo 2650mah 25c. I also have two Amped_Up 2200mah 20c batteries that I use on my Hausler 450 Trex clone CP heli.

The Zipp and the Sky Lipo are only used in the WiteSpy. The others I use in both machines.

Why do you ask the Question about 4s?

RWW
Sep 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Your quad sounded a little more beasty!
Sep 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaporation
Or like Borderlands
Sep 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
Retired Old Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
Your quad sounded a little more beasty!
Nah, when I turned it downwind is when it took off. Spooked me a little bit.

RWW
Sep 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaporation
That is what I was thinking but I'm not great with geography

I am gonna have a WiteSpy flying weekend!! Yee Haa!
Sep 28, 2012, 05:15 PM

getting mine next week

just ordered mine HT-450 Quad RTF with DJI Naza and was just shipped today.
now how am I going to get any sleep knowing its shipped and on it way to me
Sep 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryshooter
Mine is on its way also! I have been getting everything else ready at home like I am expecting a baby or something!
Sep 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida
I am using the REFLASHED ESC (RapidESC) 20 AMP from WiteSpy at www.readytoflyquads.com. I like the throttle response of the reflashed ESCs.
Thanks Alan!
Are the 775kv motors from Witespy also? If so, what`s your opinion of them?
Sep 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25
Thanks Alan!
Are the 775kv motors from Witespy also? If so, what`s your opinion of them?
I am using them on my WiteSpy FPV machine and my HT-FPV.....both with 4 cell setups. The lighter machine, my WiteSpy FPV I am using a 2800mAh 4s and 9 inch props. My WiteSpy built HT-FPV is loaded down and I use 8 inch props and 2800-4000mAh 4 cells. I am very please with the performance and cost. As you know, it is a matter of balancing machine weight, battery weight, KV, voltage and prop size to your flying style and desired duration of flight. Have fun!!
Sep 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryshooter
Welcome to the WiteSpy family.....you are going to love your machine!
Sep 29, 2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin
Mine is on its way also! I have been getting everything else ready at home like I am expecting a baby or something!
Welcome to the WiteSpy family!! I did the same thing getting my house ready for my 1st WiteSpy quad.....only problem......I did not move my TV.......yes.......I hit it. . Had to tell my wife it was one of the kids

Quick Reply