Aug 26, 2012, 06:36 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
Ok, so I went through one battery now and tried to get used to this thing ... doenst work that well yet though.
Lots of hard landings/crashing and the flips are still too much for me as a relative quad noob ... (even with years of coax)

What I can say though is, that it flips (IMHO) better than my UDI (seems to even do multiple flips without gap ...) and for a single flip it would probably need only about 2or 3 foot high (as opposed to the 7 ft the UDI needs)
Of course, the fact that I cannot read a manual and have to figure all these buttons and knobs out by trial and error, does not really help the cause either.

But as far as the quads that I tried up to now are concerned, for me it is the best of all the micros I tried! (even the ladybird V2 I would rate below this one)

Hopefully someone else who can read chinese and also has more experience in flying quads will soon be able to chime in and also help me to figure the little tricks of this TX out ...

Thanks Erd! I'm encouraged by your thoughts on it & mine will also be here soon to test out!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
caveat:
to me it felt as if it may be possible this thing will do multiple flips without gap, but according to MJX and the vendors, it is not!
I STILL like it best of the ones I currently have (micros I mean)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Aug 27, 2012, 12:12 AM
...muy bien...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
Found this unboxing video. There you can see the unsoldered battery:
Would have been nice to tell us when (time) this is to see.

Here right? 1m29
youtube.com/watch?v=A0pdj-SuoEc#t=1m29s
Last edited by rcgchris; Aug 27, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
Aug 27, 2012, 11:23 AM
Can someone check if the u816 can bind to a 9x Tx or v911/v929 Tx?

This question is because the u816 has the best RTF price (36.95$ at BangGood), and it comes with 2 batteries and a dual charger - And its Tx looks very similiar to the v911/v929 Tx.

I think it will have a performance boost with 9x radio...
Aug 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
ICrashRCs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris
Oh Boy! You are killing me

Well, here you go:
For the ladybird part
2 booms clockwise
2 booms counterclockwise
3 Sets of 4 Main blades
For the Tx
Centerplate
AS3x 4in1 Flightcontrol

That's it
Thank you for the info!
I think I'm going to build this.
I have 4 SR120 batteries so I'm good to go on that.
Guess I'll get a couple of paper canopies.
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Aug 27, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Aug 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
A,
Unfortunately it is a proprietary protocol and will not bind to the v911 Tx. I have also tested FrSky and Spectrum binding with no results. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&postcount=51
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado
Can someone check if the u816 can bind to a 9x Tx or v911/v929 Tx?

This question is because the u816 has the best RTF price (36.95$ at BangGood), and it comes with 2 batteries and a dual charger - And its Tx looks very similiar to the v911/v929 Tx.

I think it will have a performance boost with 9x radio...
Aug 27, 2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks
Aug 27, 2012, 09:41 PM
Good news,the syma x1 quad will be available soon,maybe before this month
Aug 28, 2012, 12:24 AM
...muy bien...
Quote:
Oh Boy! You are killing me

Well, here you go:
For the ladybird part
2 booms clockwise
2 booms counterclockwise
3 Sets of 4 Main blades
For the Tx
Centerplate
AS3x 4in1 Flightcontrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs
Thank you for the info!
I think I'm going to build this.
I have 4 SR120 batteries so I'm good to go on that.
Guess I'll get a couple of paper canopies.
I did my canopy like this:
Cut of a piece from a water bottle
Applied some masking tape
Put spray paint on
That's it

Aug 28, 2012, 06:31 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
I did my canopy like this:
Cut of a piece from a water bottle
Applied some masking tape
Put spray paint on
That's it
That is cool chris - but, what type of water bottle did you use?
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Aug 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
...muy bien...
Can't tell. Could be Teinacher

I re-checked: Positive

Last edited by rcgchris; Aug 28, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
Aug 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
That's pretty cool with the Candian leaf.

This is probably my favorite idea I've seen so far in creating a canopy for one of the mqx/ladybird hybrids. So clean and simple.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=305
Aug 28, 2012, 11:31 AM
I like the see-thru top. Much more sexier that way. Seriously, I like the way it exposes the electronics while protecting them. Shows that this "toy" is really a complex machine. Still amazed how cheap this really is.
Aug 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Team Drone Art
What amazes me is more people don't know about it. I see questions on HeliFreak...where the person is trying to decide between a FP and a quad. But wasn't sure. He could have gotten both the v911 and v929 and still come under budget. Nobody ever gives those newbies the option or heads up. Possibly because they are bias and never gave these cheap clones a chance. And the people who do gets a lecture and accused of being a communist. (I am serious!) I can understand their point of view...but leave it up to the newbie to choose. Present all the pros/cons and leave it up to the person asking the question to decide for themselves. Every heli has it's pros and cons IMHO.
Aug 28, 2012, 12:55 PM
RC beginner
true that. specially about the v911/v929 combo. highly recommended for anybody starting out as a good way to learn the ropes w/o ending up in the poor house. its sad the money ive seen wasted because beginners listen to bad advice. they tend to follow people they have romantic attachment to rather than those who tell the truth.

Quick Reply