Jan 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardAbz
I received my Su-35 from BH yesterday, as well! Black and purple 2200kv motors, 3D version.
welcome to the club!
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
So I take it the general consensus is "good buy"? Really on the fence between this and the other freewing birds...
Jan 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
ok here are soem pics, first is Thunderpower 65C, Genace is next 6s 5300, last is the Rhino 4900ma. these are the positions i fly the plane in.
Jan 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Here are the motors in edf unit.
Jan 19, 2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargassm
ok here are soem pics, first is Thunderpower 65C, Genace is next 6s 5300, last is the Rhino 4900ma. these are the positions i fly the plane in.
so with these batteries in this position my CG point is the same. 1mm infront of the rectangular hole where the servo wire comes out of the wing and goes into the airframe. when we measured it i thought it was 150mm.
Last edited by Wargassm; Jan 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Jan 19, 2012, 11:39 AM

My cg

MY CG marked in purple.
Jan 19, 2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaeus
Thanks to Wargassm. I picked up one of each color scheme at AMA 2012.

First flight was last Saturday. Tried 3 different batteries. 5000 Sky Lipo, 4000 Gens Ace, and 4500 Genesis. I am flying 155mm to 160mm CG.
Genesis from BH has the most kick amongst the 3 packs.

Balanced the fans and they are quiet comparing to HETs and RCL fans.
SU35 is faster than the LX Mig29 with HET powerplants. I think the STOCK powerplants are very good for the money. I would not upgrade them.
Yes he does have a nice fleet of aircraft. The Mig is fast, like he said the SU is faster.

Antaeus, hopefully i have luck finding a wheel to replace the one that broke by this weekend. Looks like we might be able to sneak in a few hours of flying before the rain hits. We can race your Mig-29 vs the su-35..
Jan 19, 2012, 12:00 PM

retracts

discussed the grinding noise with Pete @ BH and discovered something. The setup i had on my radio apparently was wrong. my EPA was set to 150 both directions. Changed EPA to 120% down and 60% up. Major difference. tried it 15 times with different batteries. no grinding noise.... who would have thought...

So if the retract starts to grind then do this, 120 down, 60 up.

radio SD-10G airtronics.
Last edited by Wargassm; Jan 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:16 PM
He builds stuff. :)
V8 you should be CGing the aircraft with the landing gear down always. Takeoff and landing are the most critical times for proper CG. In flight can be trimmed out. Rule of thumb is CG gear down.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
great! So our battery placement is similar, I thought your batteries were more aft by your discripitions earlier. gens ace is lighter than your rhino so is sitting up against the nose gear. Your rhino is about were my 5000mah flight max is. Its all good!!! Thx.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete
V8 you should be CGing the aircraft with the landing gear down always. Takeoff and landing are the most critical times for proper CG. In flight can be trimmed out. Rule of thumb is CG gear down.
I've been told to do it both ways cg gear up and then cg again with gear down and see if movement is shifted on the cg. As long as your not tail heavy. So you can do it either way. But I just do it gear up.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete
with gear down my CG is 1mm behind the line in my previous CG post.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
great! So our battery placement is similar, I thought your batteries were more aft by your discripitions earlier. gens ace is lighter than your rhino so is sitting up against the nose gear. Your rhino is about were my 5000mah flight max is. Its all good!!! Thx.
my Genace bat is Blue, the rhino is that yellow brick! so my Genace is where yours is located, the rhino is all the way back. remember the Genace is WIDE, its 1mm wider than the battery tray so it is on its side. Majority of the weight is closer to the nose that is why it balances out @ my marking of 150mm.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Wemo-CS is close but Wemo is still more efficent. And just so its not mis read the fans and housings themselves are completely different.
I don't think anyone has quite figured out which motor Mark is using. He could have special ordered a different HET winding.
So its not likely to get the exact same with his shorter 4 stator alloy and his ability to balance.

If we got the "way back measurement", its would be easy to figure out. That's why I posted the FxD=FxD or (FxD)/D=F, regardless of the differences in cg choice.

What's more promising is if I haven't misread is if he already flew with a cg at 160mm he already confirmed that their CG position is just conservative. The 3D guys could really go to town with this model and may get those tail heavy summersalts these are known for.
Jan 19, 2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
my Genace bat is Blue, the rhino is that yellow brick! so my Genace is where yours is located, the rhino is all the way back. remember the Genace is WIDE, its 1mm wider than the battery tray so it is on its side. Majority of the weight is closer to the nose that is why it balances out @ my marking of 150mm.
well were basically in the same page, I thought you had your battery's more aft not at the nose. happy flying this wknd...if I'd doesn't rain too much. Might get a few in today if I'm off in time.
Last edited by v8truckin; Jan 19, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply