Feb 12, 2011, 04:33 PM
not running for the exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLT
BTW the seller "eletoponline365 " mentioned in #2 does not exist any more
Right, I think I understand the problem now. A couple of the links in Post #2 are not working (eletoponline365 and beetleonline).

Tom, can I suggest you change the links as so:
http://myworld.ebay.com/eletoponline365/
http://myworld.ebay.com/beetleonline/
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2011, 05:40 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP

Video Quality

Someone recommended in one thread that any alteration of the native video should be commented on with the post so others can better evaluate what they are seeing. I think this is a good idea, and I will try to do that in my future posts.

Just so it's more apparent what my native camera video looks like to compare to what I end up with after some simple post processing, I extracted about 45 seconds of clips from the original video I used in the "Eagle Over Aldarra" video I just recently posted. I cropped the original to 1/2 it's regular height, saved it, then applied the color and sharpness tweaks I normally use and saved that 1/2 height video. The following video shows the before and after clips combined, one (the original) above the other (after enhancements). The difference is very noticeable if you pause the playback and compare sections of each clip to see how much more detail comes out after editing. Anyone can improve their videos the same way if you have the time to do some simple tweaks using AviDemux.

HD Keychain Camera Before (top) and After (bottom) Editing Comparison.

Click on the image to view the video on the Exposure Room site... select the "HD" option button for best results
Feb 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob
Right, I think I understand the problem now. A couple of the links in Post #2 are not working (eletoponline365 and beetleonline).

Tom, can I suggest you change the links as so:
http://myworld.ebay.com/eletoponline365/
http://myworld.ebay.com/beetleonline/
Thanks for pointing this out... fixed! I just updated these links several weeks ago and tested them all, I thought. But eBay links seem to change with the phases of the moon!
Feb 12, 2011, 06:17 PM
Tom,

I like those side by side comparisons, but to be honest with you both raw and edited look great.

Bill
Feb 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
My #11 cam came today! I ordered it from etoponline365 on eBay, on the 30th of january. It arrived today, taking just 12 days to come from Hong Kong. Not bad!

First impressions:

1) It's TINY!! OMG I was expecting it to be like the size of a typical, largish car key remote but it's only almost half the size of my actual real one.

2) The instruction manual is falling a bit short. They're talking about buttons that aren't even marked in the picture let alone on the device itself, lol. I do like how discreet and "cloak and dagger" the thing is, but they could at least have shown ALL the button descriptions in the manual. It's ok, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

3) The lens is really itsy bitsy... The aperture is far smaller than an M12 type lens would be, and therefore also will have far less light sensitivity. All the more reason to mod it!

4) OMG this thing is TINY!!! Lol I can't get over it. Will it fit in the smallest of the Radio Shack ABS project boxes? Hell yes, TWO of them would! Looks like I may want to do some plastic cutting, because that potential new enclosure is way overkill as it stands now.

Anyway... Am charging the cam presently and in a moment I'll try it as a webcam to get an idea how it performs and if it has any focal issues.

Edit: Ok... The reason they don't cover the other two buttons is because they aren't buttons! They're fake, lol! SO... What's the Video/Camera button? Is it the shutter button? Let's find out! :-D

Rick NR417
Last edited by NightRunner417; Feb 12, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
Feb 12, 2011, 07:40 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
#11 Cam First Impressions, Cont'd

Surprisingly good quality! I had to press the "shutter" button and hold it for a time, then press and hold "Power" simultaneously and hold that as well, and up it came with automatic install of a new video device. True to their word, no driver disk is needed. I get a bit of a lag with AmCap, about half a second between moving the camera and seeing it on the screen. Windows Media Encoder 9, interestingly enough, shows no lag at all.

Image quality is surprisingly good, and so far I don't see any focus issues. It is probably a bit nearsighted, focused say out to about 20 feet, but I have yet to really verify that. Color accuracy seems reasonable for a low brow webcam, and light sensitivity is actually surprisingly good for what it is. Not good enough for me, of course, but still better than expected. As it is, it won't do for a low light camera, but I can tell it would do pretty good at dawn or dusk.

In webcam mode, apparently it has no support for audio. Too bad, but that can be dealt with, and it may be that I'm either doing something wrong or there's a workaround available.

Bigger fish to fry at the moment. The battery is charged, and I have a blank 4GB card in it. Time to see what the video recording is like. :-)

Rick NR417
Feb 12, 2011, 07:53 PM

First Test Footage Gaui Filming Gaui

This is the first test footage with my HD keychain so would like to thank everyone on the forum especially Tom for pointing me in the right direction. Both quadcopters were Gaui 330x

Quadcopter1.mp4 (0 min 52 sec)
Feb 12, 2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob
Interesting, what makes you say that?

Still seems to have lots of items for sale.
hmm.. weird,I did check 4-5 times before posting it,and ebay kept telling me that the seller does not exist..
Feb 12, 2011, 10:10 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
Rick, I've got no audio in webcam mode either. Never really paid much attention to it though, since it picked up the mic in my laptop and used it. I did notice it on my desktop that has no mic plugged in though...
Feb 13, 2011, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
I finally got my replacement camera in the air when a day of really nice weather arrived. This camera has a different CMOS sensor array than my original camera.
Nice video Tom. Did you also discover your new camera is slightly larger? Yesterday I mounted them side by side (old versus new), and I was wondering why one camera was at a slightly higher position.... Closer inspection learned that the new camera has a bigger shell! The camera is about 25% more thick. No problem of course, but quite interesting.

Because I was surprised by the sharper images from my new camera, I tweaked the focus of my older one. Now they both have the same sharpness! The focus was beyond infinity!
Feb 13, 2011, 05:11 AM
Chris R
Excellent Camera

140mph Fastest Funjet 808HD Camera (4 min 9 sec)
Feb 13, 2011, 05:14 AM
Chris R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLT
Damn,my key fob cam is dead now after unsuccessful date/time removal ..
Unlucky day..

BTW the seller "eletoponline365 " mentioned in #2 does not exist any more
Can be fixed, happened to me.

search this thread.
Feb 13, 2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Someone recommended in one thread that any alteration of the native video should be commented on with the post so others can better evaluate what they are seeing. I think this is a good idea, and I will try to do that in my future posts.

Just so it's more apparent what my native camera video looks like to compare to what I end up with after some simple post processing, I extracted about 45 seconds of clips from the original video I used in the "Eagle Over Aldarra" video I just recently posted. I cropped the original to 1/2 it's regular height, saved it, then applied the color and sharpness tweaks I normally use and saved that 1/2 height video. The following video shows the before and after clips combined, one (the original) above the other (after enhancements). The difference is very noticeable if you pause the playback and compare sections of each clip to see how much more detail comes out after editing. Anyone can improve their videos the same way if you have the time to do some simple tweaks using AviDemux.

HD Keychain Camera Before (top) and After (bottom) Editing Comparison.

Click on the image to view the video on the Exposure Room site... select the "HD" option button for best results
Hi Tom,

Your "Eagle Over Aldarra" is excellent! I enjoyed watching it and appreciate the work that has gone into it.

I've also had a look at your before and after vid. I noticed that when your over the golf course about 8 or 10 seconds in the camera's natural colour balance hunting is not so apparent. Have you corrected this deliberately or is it not so noticeable because of the saturation and contrast adjustments you have made?

Also, I would appreciate it if you could provide details on exactly which filters you used and their numerical settings. I think I recall you saying you use the asharp filter but for the others (saturation and contrast) I'm not sure.

I notice that the "mplayer eq2" filter provides fine adjustment - you might want to have a look at that one.

Here are a couple of my own vids using 2 HD keychain cams (they have a slight software sharpness adjustment and nothing else) :

HK-450GT 021111 Lunchtime Flight - Rob in Slowmo.mp4 (7 min 2 sec)

HK-450GT 021211 Back Yard Again.mp4 (7 min 48 sec)

If anyone wants to have a look at the video quality more closely then here are the original files I uploaded.

http://depositfiles.com/files/1ralk2krd
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/q9kzce2e1

Thanks

Simon
Last edited by sgbfly; Feb 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Corrupt upload
Feb 13, 2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir2kuk
Can be fixed, happened to me.

search this thread.
Yup,I have just fixed it !
Dont know how the others did,but I just reloaded txt and bin files to the SD card,then pressed the power button and kept it there for maybe 1 minute(while i was reading this thread) When I looked at the camera the orange light was ON !
What a surprise!
Feb 13, 2011, 10:50 AM
What? Not a T-Rex!!!
Wow - Those are two great videos! Great control on the heli!

Quick Reply