Sep 21, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete
haha! good to be back. I took up riding motorcycles aswell

Gawd thats sick man. Congrats and be safe on that. You know Illinois drivers are the worst! I learned to drive in Chicago.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2011, 10:33 AM
Team White Llama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Gawd thats sick man. Congrats and be safe on that. You know Illinois drivers are the worst! I learned to drive in Chicago.
actually, that bike got totaled some joker decided to dump his motor oil on the road and then cover it up with sand/gravel. i hit it and got highsided, got my first concussion from it too progressive bought the bike off me just recently, i'll be shopping for a new one over the winter.

in the meantime, i'll be writing my paychecks off to RC again
Sep 21, 2011, 11:01 AM
Can we get back to the Jet Please...
Sep 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
Team White Llama!
Page 400 and NOW you're angry, lol.
Sep 21, 2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
page 400 and now you're angry, lol.
hahaha!
Sep 21, 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17
Thanks for that. Wish I had known this a week ago

I got it pretty close with this Pactra stuff. Probably not as close as the model masters but it looks pretty good from a few feet away.

S
Yeah sorry man, I was thinking about you when I posted it, I slowed mine down to much on a landing and pancaked it right in front of the runway so she needed a bit of love. I do have to say this airframe is extremely strong, nothing broke but just chipped the paint on the nose from the fiberglass flexing a bit.

By the way, for all you eflite 15-25 retract haters, I bent the gear back on all three of the struts in that crash and the "plastic" retracts are totally fine with no damage, the struts failed before the retract!
Sep 21, 2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672
Yeah sorry man, I was thinking about you when I posted it, I slowed mine down to much on a landing and pancaked it right in front of the runway so she needed a bit of love. I do have to say this airframe is extremely strong, nothing broke but just chipped the paint on the nose from the fiberglass flexing a bit.

By the way, for all you eflite 15-25 retract haters, I bent the gear back on all three of the struts in that crash and the "plastic" retracts are totally fine with no damage, the struts failed before the retract!
I had the nose gear fold on my 9th landing...I replaced the whole unit($49.99),it seems the plastic retainer broke.I'm running aluminum trunions(TAM) now with no problems.I'm really happy with the Habu..I thought it was going to be hard beating the thrill of a RC Helicopter ...the Habu cetainly comes close.Its tough,fast,easy to maintain,economical and easy to fly.I hope the rest of my EDF jets in future are along the same trail this Jet had blazed....if you can afford it...upgrade that stock motor and run more cells,the more power you throw at this Jet the happier the Habu gets,on 9S-the snake starts smiling instead of hissing!!!Every flight is better and better.I need to get some video...
Sep 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
I had the nose gear fold on my 9th landing...I replaced the whole unit($49.99),it seems the plastic retainer broke.I'm running aluminum trunions(TAM) now with no problems.I'm really happy with the Habu..I thought it was going to be hard beating the thrill of a RC Helicopter ...the Habu cetainly comes close.Its tough,fast,easy to maintain,economical and easy to fly.I hope the rest of my EDF jets in future are along the same trail this Jet had blazed....if you can afford it...upgrade that stock motor and run more cells,the more power you throw at this Jet the happier the Habu gets,on 9S-the snake starts smiling instead of hissing!!!Every flight is better and better.I need to get some video...
I have flown mine all summer. I got one of the first out and built it in two evenings. I can't get enough of it and I'm only on stock power. However a new fan is going in this weekend .
Sep 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43
I have flown mine all summer. I got one of the first out and built it in two evenings. I can't get enough of it and I'm only on stock power. However a new fan is going in this weekend .
1409/2Y on 120HV CC is really nice Tulz...You can run 8S or 9S with the upgraded ESC..Highly recommended buds..I have never flown a stock Habu so I really cannot compare the upgrades I have to original E-Flite configuration,but watching videos and a friend fly his totally stock..I would say with all honestly,my set-up is faster with much better vertical (Y)ability Tulz.I would do the exact upgades I have currently installed on a New-Build!! It's like the Jet was meant to be at this power level..maybe I'm just use to it??
Sep 21, 2011, 12:49 PM
I'm going with the new stumax fan. Should be here tomorrow! A guy flies an 8s tam setup at the field and it really moves. But I want something different.
Sep 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
I'm going with the new stumax fan. Should be here tomorrow! A guy flies an 8s tam setup at the field and it really moves. But I want something different.
Yeah looks really nice!!Sounds really nice..can you run this Fan on 8S Tulz or is it a drop fit for the Stock Fan..What motor are you going to run?
Sep 21, 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Yeah looks really nice!!Sounds really nice..can you run this Fan on 8S Tulz or is it a drop fit for the Stock Fan..What motor are you going to run?
It can accept any het700 series motor or neu motor of the same size. I'm going with the 6s and 7s option for now. What I've seen on 6s is great. Plus I already have the batteries. I can make a 7s pack so I'll give that a try just to see what it can do.
Sep 21, 2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
It can accept any het700 series motor or neu motor of the same size. I'm going with the 6s and 7s option for now. What I've seen on 6s is great. Plus I already have the batteries. I can make a 7s pack so I'll give that a try just to see what it can do.
How much for the Fan Tulz? Maybe consider the Mega Motor Series aswell,guys are really liking this motor...Efflux RC carries them.Stumax Fans look great..too bad its hidden!!
Sep 21, 2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
haha! good to be back. I took up riding motorcycles aswell

good initiative Pete! it's 4 life. open road is as close to flying as can be
Sep 21, 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
How much for the Fan Tulz? Maybe consider the Mega Motor Series aswell,guys are really liking this motor...Efflux RC carries them.Stumax Fans look great..too bad its hidden!!
I'm going with what is recommended by Stu and others using the fan for now. You can still see all the blades when you look in the intakes

All the info you need is right here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1502691
Last edited by tulz43; Sep 21, 2011 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply