Jun 04, 2012, 11:55 AM
We are shooting to be to market late summer.

Regards,
Jamie Marks
REVO USA
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2012, 12:26 PM
If were to purchase the Copilot 2 now,could I add the Hard Deck Module later?
Jun 04, 2012, 01:13 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroudj
If were to purchase the Copilot 2 now,could I add the Hard Deck Module later?
Hi:

Most definitely. When you buy a CPII system, go ahead and get a system with the FUIM3 PC USB interface. You will need that to update the firmware later to make the CPII Avionics computer operate with the new HD Module.

Recommend this combo:

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-Pilot-II-C3_2

It's actually a good idea to get the CPII installed and operational before you add the HD Module any way. This way, you'll be familiar with CPII setup and operation already.

Tim Marks
Jun 04, 2012, 03:58 PM
Should be out around August from what I understand.
Jun 05, 2012, 07:26 PM
What is the minimum altitude that can be set on it?
Jun 05, 2012, 08:41 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesjb
What is the minimum altitude that can be set on it?
Hi:

After many, many months of testing, and given technological challenges, we have arrived at 50 feet as the current min altitude for the HD Module. Over time, we'll keep looking at ways to lower that (be it firmware or changes to hardware) but better to go out with a product that works as advertised "every time", than something that might get customers into trouble.

Tim Marks
Jun 05, 2012, 08:44 PM
Well stated. Exactly.
Jun 07, 2012, 02:47 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Has the HD module been tested in planes as yet?

Can the module be mounted inside the fuse.

Thanks

FCA
Jun 07, 2012, 03:45 PM
Airplane Version - Revolectrix Copilot II Hard Deck (4 min 20 sec)
Jun 07, 2012, 07:17 PM
ancora imparo
Tim my CoPilot II has the older PC interface. OptoInterface v1.3 plus a serial to USB convertor cable.

Do I need to order an FUIM3 when I order the Hard Deck module or will the old one work for firmware updates?

Alternatively, is the FUIM3 that came with my PL8 identical? I'm guessing it is.

Thanks

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks
Hi:

Most definitely. When you buy a CPII system, go ahead and get a system with the FUIM3 PC USB interface. You will need that to update the firmware later to make the CPII Avionics computer operate with the new HD Module.

Tim Marks
Jun 07, 2012, 10:00 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Tim my CoPilot II has the older PC interface. OptoInterface v1.3 plus a serial to USB convertor cable.

Do I need to order an FUIM3 when I order the Hard Deck module or will the old one work for firmware updates?

Alternatively, is the FUIM3 that came with my PL8 identical? I'm guessing it is.

Thanks

John
Hi:

The FUIM2 is the device to which you refer. You can use it to perform a firmware update on CPII. But FUIM3 is the preferred device because it is faster. So if you own FUIM3 that came with PL8, use that. Also, if you ever wish to run the CPII Display Software (program CPII from a PC), this application does not work with the FUIM2. You must use FUIM3.

Tim Marks
Jun 07, 2012, 10:35 PM
ancora imparo
Thanks, Tim. Useful to know about the CPII display software which would be my preference.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks
Hi:

The FUIM2 is the device to which you refer. You can use it to perform a firmware update on CPII. But FUIM3 is the preferred device because it is faster. So if you own FUIM3 that came with PL8, use that. Also, if you ever wish to run the CPII Display Software (program CPII from a PC), this application does not work with the FUIM2. You must use FUIM3.

Tim Marks
Jun 25, 2012, 08:15 AM
I just got upgraded to a trex 450 plus from a Blade Sr...is the install difficult ?
Jun 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3159
I just got upgraded to a trex 450 plus from a Blade Sr...is the install difficult ?
This should help:

Co-Pilot II Installation and setup on a T-Rex 450SE
This video shows the installation and setup of the CP II on a T-Rex 450SE
http://revolectrix.com/videos.htm?videoid=12

Co-Pilot II Components and Installation on Helicopter
This video shows the components and installation of the CP II on a helicopter.
http://revolectrix.com/videos.htm?videoid=11
Jun 30, 2012, 06:27 AM
Smokey

Hello from a Newcomer - Aussie

Hi all,
Well I am happy to say, that very shortly I will be in possession of the CPII (Combo 3) and I am very excited. I have come back to the hobby after a self-inflicted hiatus, due to the pain caused by the fly/crash ratio, and the constant drain on my pocket.
When I saw this product my countenance lifted, and I have re-kindled my passion (not hard when the flame is lit) - and have a T-Rex 450 nearly completed (including Quark gyro), a Spektrum DX7s, and a stack of batteries.

I am wondering if this is the best site to keep up with the Revolectrix goss? I am already impressed with the sales people (Singapore) for their prompt service (please pass on) and what I have already read briefly about the Reps on this forum. So I would love to gain as much knowledge from the guys who know, and if this is the site to be - then so be it!
Cheers, Smokey...

Quick Reply