Jul 18, 2011, 10:22 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafalgarLaw
Thanks Tom for the update.

Long time waiting, this new firmware is no use for my small #11.
I think this firmware was created for the Jumbo as a replacement for the 20 min. S/S/C firmware since the Jumbo's recording time is at least twice that of the small #11. It just reduces the number of smaller clips that need to be processed.

I had the same feeling about this firmware at first that you do. But consider that the average file size with the 50 min. firmware will, on average, be about 3 GB in size. So if you were recording continuously on a 32 GB flash card, you should normally get 9-11 individual clips to deal with. The Continuous Recording firmware with 4GB file size limit would have exactly 8 clips. And with the lost recording time between clips being only about 4 seconds, you are only losing about 8 secs more recording time, on average, with this firmware compared to the Continuous recording firmware (when they fix the continuation bug). And that's over a total recording period of almost 9 hours! When you think of it in those terms, there's really no significant difference..... unless, of course, the event you wanted to capture happened in one of those brief additional 4 sec. gaps!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2011, 10:37 AM
Tom,

Based on your camera of 65MB/min - 1hour should give me approx 4GB - based on the Latest firmware - is this correct?
Jul 18, 2011, 10:52 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbryant
Tom,

Based on your camera of 65MB/min - 1hour should give me approx 4GB - based on the Latest firmware - is this correct?
That 65 MB/min. was at the high end bit rate I have encountered with my camera in a clip lasting only a few minutes when shooting a very detailed scene with lots of motion (while bike riding through a woods on a sunny day with lots of light/dark areas). If I had continued to shoot that similar scenery for an hour, then yes, my total file size would be 3.9GB. But that would be an extreme case, and most video will have a lower average bit rate, especially aerial video. This is what I was referring in my recent post when I said it's not impossible to hit the 4GB limit with the 50 min. firmware, but it's not easy either.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:03 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
I think this firmware was created for the Jumbo as a replacement for the 20 min. S/S/C firmware since the Jumbo's recording time is at least twice that of the small #11. It just reduces the number of smaller clips that need to be processed.

I had the same feeling about this firmware at first that you do. But consider that the average file size with the 50 min. firmware will, on average, be about 3 GB in size. So if you were recording continuously on a 32 GB flash card, you should normally get 9-11 individual clips to deal with. The Continuous Recording firmware with 4GB file size limit would have exactly 8 clips. And with the lost recording time between clips being only about 4 seconds, you are only losing about 8 secs more recording time, on average, with this firmware compared to the Continuous recording firmware (when they fix the continuation bug). And that's over a total recording period of almost 9 hours! When you think of it in those terms, there's really no significant difference..... unless, of course, the event you wanted to capture happened in one of those brief additional 4 sec. gaps!
For the purpose of sychronizing gps with video, like with Dashware, those gaps do become a pain. Have to fill the gap with a message from our sponsor or something. For ad space contact jumpysticks.....LOL.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
But it DOES work on my small #11 with circuitboard 3 (I guess it is a 3 since the red light comes on when connected to the supplied car adaptor)

(I connected it to a USB power supply with the special 'car' USB cable for the jumbo #11, so the pinout of jumbo and small seems the same)

Anyway, after 2 hours and 7 minutes of recording, the yellow LED lit up when I pushed the front button (of the small #11).
When connected to my laptop with a normal USB cable I found 3 files:
2 of 50 minutes, one of 27 minutes.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending

Thanks Tom, can you take a look at this link and tell me if you think this card is suitable?
Jul 18, 2011, 11:32 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks
For the purpose of sychronizing gps with video, like with Dashware, those gaps do become a pain. Have to fill the gap with a message from our sponsor or something. For ad space contact jumpysticks.....LOL.
... I hadn't thought about a problem like that! Good point, but no way around it with the FAT32 file system 4GB file size limit if you need to record for about an hour or more continuously.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:39 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn
But it DOES work on my small #11 with circuitboard 3 (I guess it is a 3 since the red light comes on when connected to the supplied car adaptor)

(I connected it to a USB power supply with the special 'car' USB cable for the jumbo #11, so the pinout of jumbo and small seems the same)

Anyway, after 2 hours and 7 minutes of recording, the yellow LED lit up when I pushed the front button (of the small #11).
When connected to my laptop with a normal USB cable I found 3 files:
2 of 50 minutes, one of 27 minutes.
Yes, I don't think it was said that the 50 min. firmware will not work on the small #11, just that it has more benefit, perhaps, on the jumbo depending on how you view segmented recordings. ALL of the Rel2 firmware works on both small and Jumbo #11's, and both come with "special" car charger cables with identical pinouts. There is NO functional difference, as mentioned in Post #2.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:40 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbryant
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending

Thanks Tom, can you take a look at this link and tell me if you think this card is suitable?
Yes, it's the exact same card I had linked in the FAQs in post #3 regarding what memory cards to use!
Jul 18, 2011, 12:11 PM
Hi all i'm new at this forum and i hope to be well...
Thank you for this complete thread about hd key cam...
I have a question about wich model to choose...
I read that exist a jumbo model wich has a battery that allow 80-100 minutes of recording...is it true?
How do i distinguish the 2 models maybe the lower battery model has the 250 ma battery?
What's the indication for the bigger battery?
Thank you!!!
Jul 18, 2011, 12:12 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
Quote:
... I hadn't thought about a problem like that! Good point, but no way around it with the FAT32 file system 4GB file size limit if you need to record for about an hour or more continuously.
Right, but the less gaps to fill the better. I've had lots of flights longer than 20 minutes. None more than 50, so this fills the bill perfectly.
Jul 18, 2011, 12:18 PM

My first test run

Just received my small v3 #11 cam. Charged till no red led light up for about 45 min. Using aSandisk 8Gb class 4 card and managed to run the battery down with approximately 42 min. The cam saved the file successfully before shut off. Filesize is about 2.17Gb. Using this cam for photo shoot sucks. Video is much better. The power on/off button is too sensitive if you have other version of key chain cam to compare. I keep turning it on unintentionally.
Jul 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
Today i received my new lenses from eletoponline365.

I had send them a mail that my lens wasn't good anymore, i asked if they could send me a new one.
This was no problem, they would send it to me as a gift, I only have to pay for the shipping cost.

I got an email that they had shipped 3 pcs of lens and 2 butterfly as a gift.

Today the envelop came in, look for your self.
I'm really happy and so also my wife with the special gift.
These butterfly's should light up in the dark, so i have something to look at tonight.

So every one who want to buy a cam from a seller with good services look for eletoponline365.
Jul 18, 2011, 04:43 PM
master of the universe
does this cam allow coposite out? i have an old gumstick cam that i've beaten the daylights outta and am thinking about one of these but would like somthing that has composite out for fpv as well. any suggestions?
Jul 18, 2011, 04:45 PM
master of the universe
does this cam allow coposite out? i have an old gumstick cam that i've beaten the daylights outta but has been great and am thinking about one of these but would like somthing that has composite out for fpv as well. any suggestions?

Quick Reply