This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 02, 2011, 06:50 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay
MAN, I feel like such an idiot complaining about the cold winters here! I am just glad we don't get your kind of winters here in the states!
Forgive Meebo - Queenslanders tend to be...um... 'touched'...

BJ
Sep 02, 2011, 07:06 PM
Woohoo!

100 pages, Stal

BJ
Sep 02, 2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo
Geez you guys are a bunch of girlz, what about here ..... we had a record winter where it got down to 7C (44F)

I can relate to that...when it dropped to 59`F in HI, I saw folks wearing winter coats, shorts and slippers
spend a couple of years where it doesn't get "cold"...it's amazing how fast you get used to it. It takes a bit to acclimate to the climate here. You can turn to jerky in hurry. The [lack of] humidity will parch you.

regards,
Bill
Sep 02, 2011, 07:44 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Happy 100 pages

Right now I am celebrating labor day by getting hammered

Have a good one Boys!
Sep 02, 2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Happy 100 pages

Right now I am celebrating labor day by getting hammered

Have a good one Boys!
That's the spirit...

BJ
Sep 02, 2011, 10:54 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
buncha alkies.

<*hic!*>
Sep 02, 2011, 11:10 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
I can relate to that...when it dropped to 59`F in HI, I saw folks wearing winter coats, shorts and slippers
spend a couple of years where it doesn't get "cold"...it's amazing how fast you get used to it. It takes a bit to acclimate to the climate here. You can turn to jerky in hurry. The [lack of] humidity will parch you.

regards,
Bill
LOL, I remember well...the Flips like the big puffy down football coats, complete w/ hoods up and all...and surf shorts and locals (slippahz). Dey style bandits fo sho, lol!
Sep 03, 2011, 12:07 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
. . .
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Sep 03, 2011, 12:14 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
izzat 6mm or 9mm? Deppy or EPP? Single swervo aileron though...don't like that part. Prolly a great plane though...hard to go wrong w/ 3DHS...I'm still in lust over the Super Vyper...mmmmm...

Kinda reminds me of my beloved Charger RC foamies in the tuffness dept....speaking of that...I gotta get back to work on my Halon...it's been languishing whilst I finished and am playing w/ my Breeze F3P and Dynex...and my Beasties.
Sep 03, 2011, 12:50 AM
. . .
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Sep 03, 2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
It's 9mm EPP

Wats up wiff single servo ails ?? As long as you got one with enough torque should be no probs.
It's what you can do with 2 independent aileron servos, Meebs.

With one servo, or two servos but linked via a "Y" lead, both aileron surfaces are controlled by the one Rx channel. You can't dial each aileron in on it's own.

Dual servo's will require an AR6 series Rx if you're using JR gear - one servo goes into the aileron channel, the other into Aux1. Each servo is then fully configurable in it's own right - totally independent of whatever settings you have on the other servo.

Plus - you can set the to run flapperons (for planes) or spoilerons (for gliders).

With a flapperon set-up, both will come down the amount you set them to while still acting as ailerons for roll control. So they act as ailerons and flaps at the same time.

With a spoileron set-up, both wil go up the amount you set them to, while still acting as ailerons as well. So they act like 'spoilers' on a glider - to kill lift for landing (gliders tend to want to go forever if you're trying to land in a breeze).

You usually need to mix a little down-elevator when you deploy flapperons, and the nose will want to lift a little. And for spoilerons, you dial in a little up-elevator mix to compensate for the nose drop when deploying the spoilerons.

Not sure about a DX6i, but the DSX9 allows you to program in a time delay during deployment. I have mine set to 1 second - so when I hit the spoileron switch, they kick up over one second instead of popping straight up into position. Makes the deployment much smoother (looks kinda kewl too )

BJ
Sep 03, 2011, 04:52 AM
PS - you can also program in 'differential' - where upward aileron movement amount is different to downward aileron movement. Handy for planes where, say, down-aileron needs to be twice as much movement as up aileron for stable flight (or is it the other way around )

BJ
Sep 03, 2011, 05:58 AM
. . .
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 06:06 AM.
Sep 03, 2011, 07:22 AM
apples to oranges...

the "W" 2801tx's let you "contour" servo travel both directions.
for helis, I use it to equalize L-R piro rate...I'm sure it has more uses, but I'm a bit slow.
Sep 03, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Man I have had NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH RUM yet to understand all that Dude your making ma head hurt ....

So you can assign a switch to deploy flaps to X degrees to shave off speed when coming in for a landing but still obviously be able to use Ailerons for control too.
Definitely cool without a doubt but kinda pointless on a foamie flying 3D and not high speed.

Now this is interesting for the type of flying I want to do, any chance you or someone can expand on dis wun a wee bit pwease ?? and how it is applicable to flying 3D
Means you can set each aileron surface in it's own right - rye u no risten when I spleak?

One servo - or two servos hooked up via a Y-lead - the aileron surfaces can only move simultaneously in opposite directions according to the total amount of throw you have programmed (and how you have trimmed both of them by their clevis position).

Individual servos - each aileron is fully programmable independent of the other one.

How does it apply to 3d?

Lets say your ship flies best with 1/3 up aileron, and 2/3 down aileron.

For a left hand roll, when the starboard one is only going up 1/3, the port one is going down 2/3. And vice versa - right hand turn, starboard down 2/3, port up 1/3.

If you're only running one servo, or two servos through a Y lead, full left and full right on the aileron stick can only make both aileron surfaces move the same amount up and down but in opposite directions at the same time.

Having an independent dedicated servo for each aileron servo means you can do all the neat stuff like 'differential' (explained above), as well as flapperon/spoilerons.

Think about it - without dedicated independent servos, both aileron surfaces are mechanically coupled to each other so that when one moves down, the other moves up. There's no way of telling both of them to down together (flapperon configuration), but still have one move up more than the other to still allow the wing to roll.

Move your sticks to prove it to yourself. Left stick, left aile goes up, right aile comes down. Right stick - left aile goes down, right aile goes up. You can't tell one of them to move a different amount or direction because they're both bound together.

Capisco?

BJ
Last edited by BJ64; Sep 03, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply