Feb 18, 2012, 10:26 AM
Why not simply use one or two massive joiners for ballasting up instead of the standard hollow joiner tubes?

As everything goes as planned I will have my K8b in the house by next weekend.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2012, 03:06 AM
haha because you can loose weight before landing just like a real one!
Feb 19, 2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
Why not simply use one or two massive joiners for ballasting up instead of the standard hollow joiner tubes?

As everything goes as planned I will have my K8b in the house by next weekend.
Hey.
Yes, I had thought something like that. But have searched the web for type solid fiberglass rod 32 mm but have not found yet .32 mm is a bit odd size. Have found 30 mm carbon fiber tube!
As I heard and understood as the Phoenix at some hard "test flight" bent / aluminum tubes.? Therefore, Phoenix added 2 x 1 meter massive 12 mm carbon fiber rods in the wing! Perhaps it is not aluminum tubes of the best quality?? I've also thought about pressing in a turned birch rod of the best Swedish quality in the forward tube. For maximum strength. Have done so before in various models.

Okay, good luck with your model. You are welcome to Sweden and our IGG meeting this year. IGG-Sweden celebrates 10 years on 6-10 June at Ålleberg / Falköping.
http://www.igg-sverige.se/
Feb 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
TEAM GORGEOUS
You could also "pull" some wetted out carbon tow thru the tube and make it soild.
Feb 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16
You could also "pull" some wetted out carbon tow thru the tube and make it soild.
Yes, it is also a good idea. If there is a 28 mm carbon fiber tube to buy. Will check it out

Thanks
Feb 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
Mr. Registered User
I have one of the later ones. It has a slot for a brake on the upper surface and no "barn door type panel. However, as weight isn't an issue I'm making something closer to scale.

I'll post some pics of the final result when its done.
Feb 25, 2012, 06:19 AM
David Vels
Well Bananaman, those bad boys should slow it down
Do you have an event in mind to have it ready for?
It'd be a sight to behold.
D.
Feb 25, 2012, 12:41 PM

brake slot length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman
I have one of the later ones. It has a slot for a brake on the upper surface and no "barn door type panel. However, as weight isn't an issue I'm making something closer to scale.

I'll post some pics of the final result when its done.
That sounds like good news. What is the length and width of the slot? Is there a servo access compartment also provided? Thanks.
Feb 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
Mr. Registered User
Hi LK aka D, if I didn't have to work, it would be ready for Toowoomba, as I do who knows? When I can is my best estimate. My focus is on getting the tug repaired and finishing the Fox. I should be home on Friday if you want to drop by for a look.

Mr. Fever, the slot is 450mm x 17mm (which is a little less than 17 and 3/4 x a little more than 5/8 for the non metric minds). There is no servo access panel. The manual says the slot is provided for "Electric Air Brakes (Not included with the kit)" 440mm is the largest size electric brakes I know of.
Feb 25, 2012, 11:02 PM

air brakes

[QUOTE

Mr. Fever, the slot is 450mm x 17mm (which is a little less than 17 and 3/4 x a little more than 5/8 for the non metric minds). There is no servo access panel. The manual says the slot is provided for "Electric Air Brakes (Not included with the kit)" 440mm is the largest size electric brakes I know of.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That helps with planning.
Feb 28, 2012, 11:11 AM

Ka8

If anyone decides to drop off the list please let me know. I would like to get one.
Feb 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
Stephen, I replied to your PM, should not be a problem.

I called Hobbico a few days ago to check on the status of our order. Target date is still on for June, they'll let me know if the shipment comes in sooner.

Hobbico has asked that I supply them with a list of the buyers including their names, physical addresses, email addresses and their Tower account numbers, if you have one (not necessary to purchase).

So, for all of you who have asked to be in on this order, please send me a PM with all of this info, I'll set up a spreadsheet with all this data and will forward it to Hobbico.

Once all of this info is organized, I'll check to see if Hobbico can arrange some consolidated shipping to save costs.

Thanks,

Steve
Feb 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
Designing something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Hobbico has asked that I supply them with a list of the buyers including their names, physical addresses, email addresses and their Tower account numbers, if you have one (not necessary to purchase).
Hey Steve,

I don't have a Tower account. Are there any benifits to having an account specific to this order?

Thanks,
Brian
Feb 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Brian, I don't think so but I'll check.

Steve
Mar 03, 2012, 08:48 PM

K-6

hi guys, been really busy and haven't had a chance to check in. I am working on some carriers for a couple of cubs, Giant scale. 18 ft wingspan and a 14 foot wing span.
We are working on a K-6 and asked about pricing on the carriers for the wings, stabs and tail rudder. So it it is in the range of $360 on this model.

I know S2000 asked about it in the forum so I thought I would share that information with you.

I here the gliders are still pushed out till June for delivery I bet your all on pins and needles with excitement on getting these babies.

I will post pictures on our web site when we are done, since these planes are going to be shown for the first time, I will wait until they have done that and then post pictures. Really cool stuff.

Roy

Quick Reply