Dec 08, 2012, 07:03 AM
Hi all, my first post here as I just received my v911 today. Been toying with 3 ch only before. Its a whole different experience with 4 ch, yet so addictive.

Just to make it turn in circles really quite hard for beginner like me. I can not imagine if I bought the others 4ch that are not as stable as this v911.

My set did not fly perfect out of the box, very bad problem of left drift that crib trim can't handle anymore. Luckily using the search tool in this thread i manage to see some info about extending control link on the left servo. Problem solved thanks to all of you.

But I noticed that tx doesnt memorize rudder trim setting. It keeps return to zero trim every time i turn on the tx. Is it normal ?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 08:00 AM
yes you have to set the rudder trim every time.
Dec 08, 2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend 550
Hi all. After flying fixed wing for 30 years I have been bitten by this affliction of these tiny electric blenders. I just received 2 v911's, One RTF and one BNF and have questions. They appear almost identical except the RTF uses the new style battery and the BNF has the old style. I ordered a new style gear with plug so they'll use the same batteries. The other thing I noticed was the rotor blades, The BNF blades are marked A, and the RTF are marked B. Are these the same ? Or is one new style and one old style? and how can you tell them apart? The rotor head and swash plate look the same. Also when ordering parts how can you tell if the part your ordering is new or old style?
It seems that all BNFs from China use the old style batteries. This will no doubt change when they eventually run out of inventory. All four of my V911s are from Xheli and take the new style battery. At least one USA seller on Ebay carries the newer style battery and more to follow soon, I'm sure. To date, Xheli sells the older style battery only. I just looked at my blades, all are marked A1, so I guess I have the latest version 3.
Dec 08, 2012, 08:59 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
I don't fly the v911 outside much, this morning had a slight breeze (I estimate 5-10 mph). So took the white clone w/ the msr paddles out for a spin.
Bo!!ocks mate! You have to change the music on your vid so I can see it. I just get a message that I can't watch it cos GEMA hasn't been paid for the music
Fancy doing a silent version to be safe, and I'll just hum "Dambusters" or something while I'm watching it?
Dec 08, 2012, 09:46 AM
Phantom 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
thank you so much for the Link.
Dec 08, 2012, 10:06 AM
Phantom 3
too bad None of the Micro cant be used with My futaba 9c. I have a full size raptor 90. Sitting here at home.
Dec 08, 2012, 10:10 AM
Phantom 3
just one question guys what diameter size of carbon tube to reinforce the
frame.
Dec 08, 2012, 10:31 AM
Bvc
Bvc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSpin
and noticed canopy rubbing on servo arms temporary fix was to just ease the canopy out to the ends of the pins
I slide a small piece of snug fitting heat shrink tubing on to keep the canopy from working its way in.
Dec 08, 2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001
The newest version (version 3) has 'A1' and 'B1' on the blades due to an updated head design, so I think yours are both version 2.
Thanks everybody.They do have A1 and B1 on them, I forgot the 1 off in my post,sorry, and I do believe I have the updated rotor head (with the hole) on both.I remember reading that there were 2 different blades (new and old style rotor head) and there not interchangeable. Now I have to give them back to the wife so she can wrap them for Christmas. I can't have them back till then. Bummer
I feel like I'm being grounded for no reason
Dec 08, 2012, 10:45 AM
Bvc
Bvc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEGS888
just one question guys what diameter size of carbon tube to reinforce the
frame.
I did one with 2mm, but that's a little big and quite loud. I have another that I bought used that has 1.5mm and it looks like what others have used. One of my 1.5mm rods cracked in an extreme crash (lasted a long time though) and needs to be redone, so I wouldn't go smaller than 1.5mm.
Dec 08, 2012, 10:48 AM
Bvc
Bvc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955
Have started getting more aggressive with my flying, but have found a problem making banked turns. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is something to do with the nature of fixed pitch flight. Have only had this happen in a left bank, but it seems the copter gets so far up on it's side in the turn that I can't get it to right itself, even with opposite aileron input at the end of the turn. The copter just wants to slide on its side nose down and won't come out of the bank. Drops like a rock and slides sideways into the ground. Don't have it do this in right banked turns, am I doing something wrong or is this from rotor torque? Thanks for any help you might offer.
All of mine (5) do it (some worse than others) so it's either "something to do with the nature of fixed pitch" or something to do with the nature of the v911. All I've ever owned is v911's, so I don't know.
Dec 08, 2012, 01:10 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962
Bo!!ocks mate! You have to change the music on your vid so I can see it. I just get a message that I can't watch it cos GEMA hasn't been paid for the music
Fancy doing a silent version to be safe, and I'll just hum "Dambusters" or something while I'm watching it?
Hey Tigg, funny you mentioned that, I did noticed whenever I use any copy righted music, youtube informs me it is blocked in some countries and more often than not it is only blocked in Germany.

Silent versions are a good idea, since I don't think youtube has any bandwidth limitations.
Dec 08, 2012, 01:16 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoon13
Hi happy flyers,

Nice flying Stonecutter, I also like to fly outside when it's windy, this mod is more and more desirable....
But today, no contest with the wind:
2012/12/08 11:30 LFML 081130Z 33029G41KT 9999 FEW023 07/M01 Q1012 NOSIG
How did you remove the paint from your (red?)/white canopy? I find it easy to remove paint from the blades but somehow difficult from the plastic of the canopy.

Someone had to try that !! You did it ! I want to see a rocket booster copter as version 2 please.

@+
Olivier
This is the white clone version, it comes unpainted (most call it 'white'). Got it from Banggood.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wh...f-p-49015.html
Dec 08, 2012, 01:16 PM
Finally got around to manually trimming the v911. It will almost go straight into a hover,
except it wants to go forward until I get it under control . I adjusted the rod about as far as possible to stop the forward movement. Anything else I can do or is that about as good
as it gets? I can actually hover the in the living room now, which a few weeks ago I wouldn't even attempt to do
Last edited by Kev7274; Dec 08, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Dec 08, 2012, 02:24 PM
Gone with the Mistral
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
This is the white clone version, it comes unpainted (most call it 'white'). Got it from Banggood.
Ok, thanks for the link. I did not notice that one...
Looks like the "usual/normal" v911, right? (not the white version of the "yellow clone") ==> it's getting hard to follow clones history for me

@+
Olivier

edit : oops, doesn't say wltoys on the banggood page...

Quick Reply