Nov 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation
Whatever... I just said *he* didn't see to have any problems flying an entire routine with his body in between his TX and, yes, that tiny BNF heli with an extremely minimal antenna. If anything, that would be a much worse scenario than with bigger stuff that has longer antennae, satellites, etc.
That is a six channel rx I recall - The model I referred to was a tiny electric jet with the integrated rx/esc AS3X
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
What exactly is the topic again?
Nov 14, 2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal
What exactly is the topic again?
Sorry, I was enjoying another cocktail-- at least I have an excuse -
Nov 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Interesting article... but it sounds like a "solution" that doesn't solve the problem. From what I understand it's only full-duplex in the same sense that a time-sharing mainframe is "multi-user"

But I'm sure I misunderstand it, right?
It's a technique to double the amount of usable spectrum when TX and RX of signals are both required- your transmitter and receiver would both be in use at the same time and on the same frequency, without your TX interfering with your RX.

So, not that useful unless maybe you are putting your TX and FPV on the same frequency.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
That is a six channel rx I recall - The model I referred to was a tiny electric jet with the integrated rx/esc AS3X
Guess what? The 130 X is a tiny electric heli with the integrated all-on-one-board RX/ESC/AS3X, too. What was your point again? Have you even SEEN a 130 X in person?
Nov 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
lalalalalalalalalalala, i refuse to acknowledge the most obvious conclusions lalalalalala
Not sure how you can have power AND pre-set servo positions with a brownout.

I used to intentionally lose signal on AR6100's by flying as high up as possible and pointing the antenna at the plane, its not *that* hard.

Not to mention just use a low power tx on any model past XXX feet, there are dozens of stories of people having Blade CX2's drop from the sky with LP5DSM's, I really dont understand how you think 2.4ghz is so infalible, with the right TX/RX setup ? Sure, but many setups, especially low budget ones just dont cut it. Not all 2.4ghz setups have optimal antenna placement.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
lalalalalalalalalalala, i refuse to acknowledge the most obvious conclusions lalalalalala
Typical response from him, but I see he edited it out on the last page.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Guess what? The 130 X is a tiny electric heli with the integrated all-on-one-board RX/ESC/AS3X, too. What was your point again? Have you even SEEN a 130 X in person?
A couple - those are small 6 channel rx
Point - being - If you care -
You can block a 2.4 radio with your body.
Fly some more and you will eventually see it happen.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:00 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach
Not sure how you can have power AND pre-set servo positions with a brownout.

I used to intentionally lose signal on AR6100's by flying as high up as possible and pointing the antenna at the plane, its not *that* hard.
I really don't understand why you're arguing with me when I'm agreeing with you. But, if you're trying to be annoying, you are successful.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
I really don't understand why you're arguing with me when I'm agreeing with you. But, if you're trying to be annoying, you are successful.
Possibly still at that " needing attention " phase of life
Nov 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
A couple - those are small 6 channel rx
The number of channels has no bearing on the issue.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
The number of channels has no bearing on the issue.
No it doesn't - just identifying it .
Do you actually have and use 2.4 equipment or are you just a groupie?
Nov 14, 2012, 05:14 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
No it doesn't - just identifying it .
Do you actually have and use 2.4 equipment or are you just a groupie?
Yup. Run the gamut from junky, stock Spektrum TXs to my DX7, DX8 and "questionable" DX18. Only fly with the DX8 right now as it's been a reliable workhorse, unlike the DX18. You?
Nov 14, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah sure, you were...

My mistake was assuming you were being sarcastic by starting a sentence with Yeah sure, ... I'm sorry for misunderstanding and over-reacting.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:50 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach
Yeah sure, you were...

My mistake was assuming you were being sarcastic by starting a sentence with Yeah sure, ... I'm sorry for misunderstanding and over-reacting.
Sorry I didn't mean it that way. It really is the only explanation. It has happened to me once, but I couldn't confirm that it wasn't a brown-out followed by failure to re-connect, and I failed to check the blinker, so I'll never know.

My whole point that started this is still valid though - don't eliminate likely possible problems because of the existence of other less likely possible problems. Get some data, do some tests - that's the only way to regain confidence in the system after a failure.

Quick Reply