Aug 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites
I found a post of Easytiger stating he had 8 of these on May 9th. Same month you ordered yours!
With Hero Members like that...who needs enemies.

It's a shame that there are those in this hobby that would do so much to damage it.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
I had an e mail exchange with the guy, once, over a potential purpose: all I can say is that I felt like a shower, afterward.
Sep 06, 2012, 02:11 AM
Are there no satisfied customers? I was considering ordering this:

http://easytigermodels.com/index.php...roducts_id=342

Because I can't find it anywhere else (it appears to be an Aeronaut F9F panther with updated color scheme).

Is Paypal safer (more secure) than providing my CC info?
Sep 06, 2012, 02:46 AM
Interesting to read the site regarding the plane and the shipping story. If you read back to my experience, it said on the site, 'we are down to the last few of these', 'shipping time 2 weeks'. My card was charged the morning after I placed my order. I first e-mailed asking what's up one full month after I ordered, as I never rcvd any communication other than confirmation my order was placed. I believe it was another week or 2 and several excuses later, I asked for a refund. 3 weeks later, my card was not refunded. Asked again, said he couldn't do a refund to the card as it was too long since the order was placed, but he would send me a money order that day, and would give me a tracking # for it that evening. (I never requested a money order.) Called and asked my cc if that was true, they said 'any company can give a credit any time they want to', and they transferred me to the fraud dept. Ended with them (Easytiger)accusing me of trying to get a double refund out of them! (They never sent a money order, and if they did, I would have returned it.)

Someone else supposedly got an XB-70 from them shortly after my experience. I read about it on another forum, but it seems that guy is a close friend of the guy who runs ETM.

That's my story as I experienced it. Search around and see how many happy customers you find and make your own decision. I knew of their reputation, but took a chance, as it was the only place that said they had that plane. 'We are down to the last few of these. After they are gone there will be no more.' That's what the site said. Sounds like they have some to me. I have a screenshot of it, though they claimed there was a clear message that these planes 'were not and stock and were on order' but that 'you simply missed it'. I guess I'll go look over my screenshot some more.

If you order, please keep us updated on how it goes.
Sep 06, 2012, 03:26 AM
Thread OP
voxel, easytiger does not use paypal. Why, it's to easy for the purchaser to get his money back with a few clicks.
Sep 06, 2012, 07:06 AM
Suspended Account

Avoid at all costs, or try them out at your own risk

If you want to know what kind of business this guy runs, google his company name, or better yet his name, to see just what kind of person you will be dealing with. Curtis Mattikow is this persons name. Plan on a few hours of down time as you surf the web reading one horror story after another. After two or three you start to see the consistent trend. You get a feeling of "here we go again" and wonder how someone like this can still drum up business.

He has been kicked off of every major website having to do with RC. RCU, Wattflyer , and of course here too. How did that go over with him, well, not good. You see he still goes onto all those places when he sees yet another dissatisfied customer tell their tale of woe. He then sets up a sock account, and goes into attack mode trying to disparage his customer. He never accepts responsibility, it's always someone elses fault, and someone is trying to scam HIM. If you didn't know that he was an adult, it would literally sound like an argument with a 9 year old. Look for him to show up here in the not to distant future.

He has a well established history of not taking care of his customers when things go wrong. Those issues go back years and years. They continue to this day, perhaps even worse than before. He seems distracted even more, why? His special little internet hate project. If you google the abbreviation for Remote Control and then add the word Truth to it, prepare to be astounded at the lengths someone will go to to try to remain relevant. On there you will find a petri dish of hatred, ignorance, malfeasance, and utter contempt for anyone who won't step in line with their thoughts. Are there some good people over there looking for something different, sure. For the most part it's all the malcontents, conspiracy theorists, and ne'er do wells that were also kicked out of this and other websites as well. They have a happy little home on the isle of misfits. The hypocrisy there is stunning. First rule of that site, you can't ask who the owner/mod is. They wail and lament the alleged censorship here, and at other sites, but guess what, the mod there will censor you left and right. They hate the report button function here, and the "goons" that get people kicked off of here for breaking the rules. So what do they do, they all gather around and try to figure out ways to get people here kicked off. The most amusing part of that place is watching members go completely crazy on anyone there who dares to say anything positive about this place, and/or HK. They love to start threads about people here (yup, I made the list) and go on and on about everything they do. It's obsessive to say the least.
The site has been up a year now, has less than 190 members, and it's main thread and focus is about what else, this place. Oh they hate it so and cannot stand anyone here, but boy they sure come back here every day and open up fake accounts. It has to be tough to look in from outside and not be able to play with the others. Meanwhile another member that left here started his own website and it's taking off like wildfire. Guess what, no hate there.

I had to chuckle at the description for the F9 Panther he has for sale:

Excellent quality, not a cheap Chinese junkjet. We have a container full of these arriving on August 27, but we left seven pieces in our warehouse in China, so if you want one very fast, just put "airmail" into the notes section of your order, we will charge you $100 for shipping, and get it out right away. If you can wait a couple of weeks, your plane will ship from New York when they arrive here for a shipping charge of $48.

So he doesn't sell cheap Chinese stuff, but keeps his stuff in a warehouse in China. That makes perfect sense. Actually most if not all of his stock is there. It should be evident given his track history that he is a drop shipper, and rarely has the items on hand. Delay in getting the product to his customers is the number one complaint. And since he charges his customers right away, then ignores them for a month or two, he keeps the cycle of problems going.

Stop by his site sometime after today and watch how they all scurry about. ETM will of course respond, not admit to ANY issues, and blame everyone. Then the Admin/Mod will weigh in as well, and if there isn't a storm brewing, he'll kick one up. They like to keep it classy over there!
Sep 07, 2012, 01:11 PM
Suspended Account

Easy Tiger East Tigre just can't stay away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83
If you want to know what kind of business this guy runs, google his company name, or better yet his name, to see just what kind of person you will be dealing with. Curtis Mattikow is this persons name. Plan on a few hours of down time as you surf the web reading one horror story after another. After two or three you start to see the consistent trend. You get a feeling of "here we go again" and wonder how someone like this can still drum up business.

He has been kicked off of every major website having to do with RC. RCU, Wattflyer , and of course here too. How did that go over with him, well, not good. You see he still goes onto all those places when he sees yet another dissatisfied customer tell their tale of woe. He then sets up a sock account, and goes into attack mode trying to disparage his customer. He never accepts responsibility, it's always someone elses fault, and someone is trying to scam HIM. If you didn't know that he was an adult, it would literally sound like an argument with a 9 year old. Look for him to show up here in the not to distant future.

He has a well established history of not taking care of his customers when things go wrong. Those issues go back years and years. They continue to this day, perhaps even worse than before. He seems distracted even more, why? His special little internet hate project. If you google the abbreviation for Remote Control and then add the word Truth to it, prepare to be astounded at the lengths someone will go to to try to remain relevant. On there you will find a petri dish of hatred, ignorance, malfeasance, and utter contempt for anyone who won't step in line with their thoughts. Are there some good people over there looking for something different, sure. For the most part it's all the malcontents, conspiracy theorists, and ne'er do wells that were also kicked out of this and other websites as well. They have a happy little home on the isle of misfits. The hypocrisy there is stunning. First rule of that site, you can't ask who the owner/mod is. They wail and lament the alleged censorship here, and at other sites, but guess what, the mod there will censor you left and right. They hate the report button function here, and the "goons" that get people kicked off of here for breaking the rules. So what do they do, they all gather around and try to figure out ways to get people here kicked off. The most amusing part of that place is watching members go completely crazy on anyone there who dares to say anything positive about this place, and/or HK. They love to start threads about people here (yup, I made the list) and go on and on about everything they do. It's obsessive to say the least.
The site has been up a year now, has less than 190 members, and it's main thread and focus is about what else, this place. Oh they hate it so and cannot stand anyone here, but boy they sure come back here every day and open up fake accounts. It has to be tough to look in from outside and not be able to play with the others. Meanwhile another member that left here started his own website and it's taking off like wildfire. Guess what, no hate there.

I had to chuckle at the description for the F9 Panther he has for sale:

Excellent quality, not a cheap Chinese junkjet. We have a container full of these arriving on August 27, but we left seven pieces in our warehouse in China, so if you want one very fast, just put "airmail" into the notes section of your order, we will charge you $100 for shipping, and get it out right away. If you can wait a couple of weeks, your plane will ship from New York when they arrive here for a shipping charge of $48.

So he doesn't sell cheap Chinese stuff, but keeps his stuff in a warehouse in China. That makes perfect sense. Actually most if not all of his stock is there. It should be evident given his track history that he is a drop shipper, and rarely has the items on hand. Delay in getting the product to his customers is the number one complaint. And since he charges his customers right away, then ignores them for a month or two, he keeps the cycle of problems going.

Stop by his site sometime after today and watch how they all scurry about. ETM will of course respond, not admit to ANY issues, and blame everyone. Then the Admin/Mod will weigh in as well, and if there isn't a storm brewing, he'll kick one up. They like to keep it classy over there!

Like a petulant child that won't hear the word NO, he's back again, trolling the site and threatening members here.

Still wonder if he's a good person to deal with?

east tigre Sep 07, 2012 12:23 PM 40 / Troll or Spam Account Banned user Easy Tiger trolling the forum and making personal attacks.
Sep 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Looks like Easytiger is bleeding, LMAO! Rcgroups is the AK-47 of rc forums. They cannot compete against that with their slingshots. I would not even tell guys what to search for when it comes to his site. Why give them any viewers! LOL
Sep 07, 2012, 02:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites
Looks like Easytiger is bleeding, LMAO! Rcgroups is the AK-47 of rc forums. They cannot compete against that with their slingshots. I would not even tell guys what to search for when it comes to his site. Why give them any viewers! LOL
Well they are hurting for members, but keep in mind it's a very exclusive club you know. Curtis has to personally accept you, all under the guise of "keeping spammers out". Uh, right, sure thing. I figured I'd help them out with at least some click troughs. I remember when Curtis was begging his new members to pass the word to a friend or two so they could continue to grow. The presumption that some of them had friends was funny/sad/ironic all at once. It's at a whopping 185 members now. It is a case study though, but I'll let other figure out in what field. Outside of their obsession with RCG, the absolute best thing is to watch them turn on themselves when anything is said that offends them, or goes out of the group think line. Oh lord, it's better than reality TV.

They love to scamper about and recount the daily goins on over here, but curiously never mention the Easy Tiger threads. Hmmm...I wonder why?
Sep 08, 2012, 08:44 AM
Suspended Account
Here is another great thread on this internet fraudster;

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

Bonus point for anyone who guesses how many times Curtis shows up in the thread, in his own name, and in his sock names.

I saw his ebay account stats yesterday but can't find them now. Looks like he had a decent business at one point, but as soon as he started in the drop shipping business, it went downhill pretty fast. It's not the sheer amount of complaints that's the issue, it's the way he responds to him. When people complain about sellers having a chance to leave feedback other than positive, he is one of the reasons. Anyone who complained got slammed with a negative, and the comments left were bad, of course.
Sep 08, 2012, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Poor guy. As is his custom, when the threads start dying down he'll go in and try to kick up some dust, get some action going if you will. Today he's gone to another thread, and linked to this one. He's signed in as Admin, but don't worry, his alter ego will be in shortly.

Admin
Administrator

Re: Group Psycosis!
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:08:27 AM

Admin: Check out Porcia now:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1668534&page=3

It's interesting, so many of the guys over there love to focus in on people here, but it's just bizzare that they never go after ETM, why would that be? If you take a look at the thread on online companies, they of course are all trash, horrible to deal with, and are filled with shills. Yet for some reason, ETM has none of that, despite page after internet page of complaints and investigations. And not a peep from the sheeple over there. The one person who even dared to ask questions was ganged up on, then silenced with a ban. Can't have dissention on that fine site. LET FREEDOM RING!!!

Still wondering how it will go dealing with this guy?

Check out his BAD CUSTOMERS link. Talk about brass ones. The sheer audactity of a vendor creating a thread to talk about customers.
Sep 08, 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83
Still wondering how it will go dealing with this guy?

Check out his BAD CUSTOMERS link. Talk about brass ones. The sheer audactity of a vendor creating a thread to talk about customers.
Thanks for the info. It's eye opening! I was about to take a risk even though I heard some bad things about ETM (thought I could rely on the protection of Paypal and CCs).

I still can't find documented cases of HAPPY customers. Even Banana Hobby, Nitroplanes, and Hobby King with all their problems has hundreds of people here whose transactions were documented and satisfactory.
Sep 09, 2012, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel
Thanks for the info. It's eye opening! I was about to take a risk even though I heard some bad things about ETM (thought I could rely on the protection of Paypal and CCs).

I still can't find documented cases of HAPPY customers. Even Banana Hobby, Nitroplanes, and Hobby King with all their problems has hundreds of people here whose transactions were documented and satisfactory.
unlike him, I'll try to be fair. I'm sure he has satisfied customers. Real ones. If you dig long and hard enough, you'll find them. The hard part though is trying to see which ones are real. He shills for himself so often with phony names it's hard to tell. This from the same guy who moans on and on about shills on other sites. Just another glimpse into the defective thought process.

Another thing to note, none of his cronies and lapdogs will call him out on his shilling, or for that matter his slander and libeling of other companies. They are just to afraid to get hammered, then banned.
Sep 09, 2012, 07:14 AM
Suspended Account

Hypocracy to the 100th degree

So check this out. The user agreement from Curtis's hatesite;

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Interesting...almost every post from admin/Curtis is abusive, false,harassing, and profane. Almost every post in the RCG thread is that. Everyone is a shill, and everyone hits the report button is basically the premise there. Not once have they proven that someone is shill, not once. They suppose and theorize and rant, but no proof. same with the report button. unless someone appeals a post reported and not acted upon, reporting is no public. but why provide proof, it's easier to just rant.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented.

So it's o/k for them to say we basically don't look at anything here, you are on your own, please behave. Right. Because that's the main complaint they lodge against ANY other RC Website out there. Curtis actively monitors all of the threads. If one is dying down, he'll try to kickstart it up again. check out how many threads he started in the "other vendor" thread.

The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

What, censorship? I thought that place was somewhere people could go and and speak their minds? Guess not.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

ya..that's a good one. Sanctions. I'll pay that with paypal. Oh wait, you don't take PP.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

No major violation is needed, just don't cross ol Curtis, he'll ban you. Can you imagine the brass ones in noting that YOUR ISP will be contacted. What a hoot.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Check out that user agreement with the one he has for his regular website (basically his name.com). Not exactly the same is it. What is the same..oh, basically everything else. It's all about how great ETM is, and how everyone else is bad.

If it is all possible to repair any damage to this guys credibility, and I think that's would be an enormous task, I think it would start with him admitting just once that he might have made a mistake, or an error. But he can't. He had to lash out. Another great move on his part after his hate site came up in threads was to try to defend that! In some threads he forgot to change his name and you could tell it was him, brilliant!

Anyone want to do business with this guy still? Let us know how it goes.
Sep 09, 2012, 10:03 PM
Suspended Account

10 plus years of this characters crooked business practices

I knew I had Curtis's history on Ebay around here somewhere.

Take a look at this:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home

What you see there is a roadmap to customer service disaster. Page and page after page of customer complaints. Over 10 years worth. Not once in 10 years, and all of those complaints, did Curtis ever apologize or even accept 1% of responsibility for what went wrong. Instead, he went after everyone who complained, told them it was their fault, and they were cheats and scammers and thieves.

I'll save you the time of reading through each of them and highlight the main complaints. Curtis was slow in getting items to his customers (that's what happens when you drop ship). You would think after a year or two of getting hammered he would change his business practice. Nope.

His lack of responsiveness, lack of common courtesy, and overall rudeness was also a consistent trend.

And of course, taking payment for something and not delivering on the items for months on end. Does that ring a bell for anyone? Ya, that's the same problems he had on every other legitimate RC website out there too.

But, as someone pointed out (who is on THAT site too no less), that's the same exact set of complaints that he has for his number one company on his hit list, none other than HK.

So, who wants to do business with this guy given his record?

Curiously, still no response from Admin/Curtis over there about how poorly he runs his business. Everything he gets involved with seems to fail, from his failed career in movies, to his failed RC airplane business, to his failed attempts and membership on rc forums, to his failed attempts to keep coming back here and postings. One complete failure after another.

Not surprisingly, his little pack of wannabees won't dare ask him about this, or ask him why he trashes every other vendor out there, or why he won't come out and admit he is the owner of that site. It's understandable of course, it's self preservation. Like Richard Gere said after being broken down by his drill sergeant in "An Officer and a Gentlemen"......" I got no where else to goooooo". So many of them have been kicked off other sites because they lack the minimum social skills and ability to craft a sentence that doesn't offend everyone. And just like Curtis, none accept responsibility for their actions, rather it's everyone else.

Since it's a slow day over there and they needed some drama, they went after someone in the thread (the best one of course, dedicated to yours truly) for not using proper grammar. When all else fails and you can't make a good argument, pick on someones writing. Now that helps the hobby out for sure! Bravo! But, hey, they are really turning things around over there. Looks like the membership dropped by about 20 people this week.

Even that place if failing (well, continuing really) under the golden touch of ETM. I wonder who will be blamed?

So who wants to send their money to this guy again? Let us know how it works out for ya!

Quick Reply