May 24, 2010, 08:21 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk
Ivan- How many helis do you have now? Man you must have quite a collection.
Jim/Wnuk,

I think Ivan has 1 of everything. LMAO! He does have a ton of 'em though.

Jay,

Your welcome for the link-aroo. I was watching Myth Busters today on the tube and they were using one of the estes ignitors for one of their experiments, pretty cool gadget. Love that show.

Dave
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule
Ivan,

It's the old, "If ya snooze ya lose" saying. But I see that Jay made ya an offer that's hard to pass by too. You, guys fight over it. LMAO!
It's never been used.

Sweet deal, getting the Rave 450. I watched a bunch of videos on youtube, awesome machine.. I'm sure you checked it out, but on CY's web site, he's got a downloadable manual and build videos to check it ya want.

Hey, that guy on RCU, questioning you throttle curves... I had a run in with him several months ago and put him on my black list. He's to cocky for me.

Dave
Dave, too funny. I am going to scoop up three Turnigy 40C 1800mAh 4S for the Rave. It should RIP on those batteries. The 30C is MORE expensive and the 20C would probably do the trick but are on the low end of the spectrum for that motor / blade combo.

I did check out CYs site. I have been waiting for the cos-flaws to come back in stock so I am on it daily. Very cool of them to provide so much info.

The guy on RCU is clearly a newbie and got offended when I called him out on his BS. As fun as it would be to tear him up, I will likely kill him with kindness and hope he gets something out of it. People are funny.
May 24, 2010, 08:35 PM
I meant to do that!
A Rave 450 with Radix blades all thats left is a Total-G
May 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240
Dave, too funny. I am going to scoop up three Turnigy 40C 1800mAh 4S for the Rave. It should RIP on those batteries. The 30C is MORE expensive and the 20C would probably do the trick but are on the low end of the spectrum for that motor / blade combo.

I did check out CYs site. I have been waiting for the cos-flaws to come back in stock so I am on it daily. Very cool of them to provide so much info.

The guy on RCU is clearly a newbie and got offended when I called him out on his BS. As fun as it would be to tear him up, I will likely kill him with kindness and hope he gets something out of it. People are funny.
Ivan,

Yes, the one I sent Jay is a 20C.. And knowing you, a 40C may not be big enough.

The guy on RCU, some people never learn when to keep there mouth shut and never will. Just my 2 cents.

Dave
May 24, 2010, 09:26 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
I was wondering if I could get some help.

Mark just picked up a new plane. It is a ParkZone Typhoon 3D. I am converting it from FM to Spektrum and wanted advice on how to set up the ailerons. This has separate servos for ailerons and no Y plug. If I am not mistaken, one gets plugged into AIL and the other in AUX1. On the DX7, how do you enable the Aux1 channel to work the AIL?

I found the wing type menu and can enable FLAPERON and get the second aileron to work. They end up working opposite the way they should. I can then reverse AIL and AUX1 to get them to work in the right direction. The ailerons are also both pointed a bit down with the flaps switch to Normal. When I switch to Mid, they are in the normal flight position and in Land, they are up. I assume you just program them to where you want them to be in those three switch positions.

Is this the way you do it or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help or advice.
May 24, 2010, 09:38 PM
Got Helis
Quote:

Mark just picked up a new plane. It is a ParkZone Typhoon 3D. I am converting it from FM to Spektrum and wanted advice on how to set up the ailerons. This has separate servos for ailerons and no Y plug. If I am not mistaken, one gets plugged into AIL and the other in AUX1. On the DX7, how do you enable the Aux1 channel to work the AIL?

I found the wing type menu and can enable FLAPERON and get the second aileron to work. They end up working opposite the way they should. I can then reverse AIL and AUX1 to get them to work in the right direction. The ailerons are also both pointed a bit down with the flaps switch to Normal. When I switch to Mid, they are in the normal flight position and in Land, they are up. I assume you just program them to where you want them to be in those three switch positions.

Sorry Ivan, can't help ya on the planks. Been along time ago. And with programmable radios back then were none existant.
May 24, 2010, 10:03 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
Dave, this is the PM I got from that guy.. LOL..

Quote:
Boo

It is so nice that you think so highly of yourself. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back. I don't claim to know everything, but I am not stupid and refuse to be treated as such. It is your type of arrogance that give clubs issues. It isn't about giving good advice, it is making an arse out of yourself to make yourself look good. Experience doesn't make you better if come across in a negative way. I am good friends with others in this forum and when I mentioned your name, I got the rolling eyes and was told how rude you come across. I consider them quite knowledgeable in their areas and apparently you just drove them off because of your superiority complex. So you can't say it is just me thinking this way. You had two ways you could've talked to me. You could've explained to me that you feel that I am incorrect and explain yourself. The second way was to make an arse of yourself and attack me. So I wonder which one you chose? We all have had different experiences and have had different results. It amazes me on how many opinions come up for what would seem like a simple solution. For instance, the girl in Florida stirred a huge controversy over in Run Ryder. It amazes me how much people got stirred up over it. My point is that these forums and local clubs should be about sharing a common hobby and having fun, not to make yourself feel superior and be rude to people. Not everything in this hobby is fact and everybody has their approach based on their experiences. Fly safe.
May 24, 2010, 10:38 PM
Got Helis
Ivan,

I'm literally Lol and shaking my head. I've seen him do this to many times, that's why he's on my black list. Isn't worth my/your time to deal with his immaturity. He took offense, because he is WRONG and can't deal with it.

Take it from the old guy here,,, "Let it Go", and help others that appreciate your talents.

Bless ya Ivan,

Dave

Quote:
Dave, this is the PM I got from that guy.. LOL..
Quote:
Boo

It is so nice that you think so highly of yourself. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back. I don't claim to know everything, but I am not stupid and refuse to be treated as such. It is your type of arrogance that give clubs issues. It isn't about giving good advice, it is making an arse out of yourself to make yourself look good. Experience doesn't make you better if come across in a negative way. I am good friends with others in this forum and when I mentioned your name, I got the rolling eyes and was told how rude you come across. I consider them quite knowledgeable in their areas and apparently you just drove them off because of your superiority complex. So you can't say it is just me thinking this way. You had two ways you could've talked to me. You could've explained to me that you feel that I am incorrect and explain yourself. The second way was to make an arse of yourself and attack me. So I wonder which one you chose? We all have had different experiences and have had different results. It amazes me on how many opinions come up for what would seem like a simple solution. For instance, the girl in Florida stirred a huge controversy over in Run Ryder. It amazes me how much people got stirred up over it. My point is that these forums and local clubs should be about sharing a common hobby and having fun, not to make yourself feel superior and be rude to people. Not everything in this hobby is fact and everybody has their approach based on their experiences. Fly safe.
May 25, 2010, 04:05 PM
Luvin' Life
Thread OP
Ivan,
I wish I could help you out on this as well but I don't have the DX 7 and the programing is a mystery to me.

Try asking that question over here~

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...83686&page=166

Someone should there should be able to help!

It really would be no big deal for me to just re-send the battery your way. You'd be able to do some good flight times on that Rave. If you want just PM me your address. Free shipping, too. Were the BOB's here

Blessings,

Jay
May 25, 2010, 05:10 PM
That looks about right!
Ivan- No DX 7 for me either. I think Vic has one. The DX6i I have is very different from the DX7 but it sounds like you have it figured out. Maybe JPEE has the DX7 on his T28? I think he does, maybe he'll catch this soon and check in with ya.

Got some air time with the BF 109 this am. Seems I like the simplicity of planks more than helis these days. That may change in time again.

Jim
May 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk
Ivan- No DX 7 for me either. I think Vic has one. The DX6i I have is very different from the DX7 but it sounds like you have it figured out. Maybe JPEE has the DX7 on his T28? I think he does, maybe he'll catch this soon and check in with ya.

Got some air time with the BF 109 this am. Seems I like the simplicity of planks more than helis these days. That may change in time again.

Jim
Yo Jimmer, how are ya. Yes I have the DX7 on my T-28 BUT it only has ailerons and my set up is simple. I do not know how to set it up for flaps. I was told sometime ago by a friend that there is a way to use the aux channel and with the flip of a switch make the ailerons flaps for landing. Something Ivan said, everytime I tired to get it to work out either the flaps or the ailerons would not work.
Perhaps you guys can get this to work for ya. Here is what he sent me.

I think I know how to do it for basic cruising around. The flaps are working great. I even programed the elevator to move up or down when I flip the switch for flaps. If I remember right elevator should be up when flaps are down and elevator should be down when flaps are up. I think that is what the manual said.

Here is the settings I have so far for flaps:

Wing type: Flaperon ON, V-Tail OFF
Input select: FLAP: System, Flap trim: ACT

Flap SYS.:
NORM: FLAP UP 50%, ELEV DN 50
MID: FLAP 0%, ELEV 0
LAND: FLAP DN 50%, ELEV UP 50
Now that I think of it I wouldn't need the flaps to go up past 0 degrees, so I will probably change:
NORM: Flap 0%, ELEV 0
MID: Flap DN 25%, ELEV UP 26
Those sound like good settings for now and I can always test it in flight and change them if needed. The flap system is controlled by the 3 position flight mode switch.

The rest is just like a heli. I am not sure what the Differential menu actually does, so I will just leave it alone. I know the airplane people like to use the Dual rate switch, so I programmed that too just for fun. I set it, so all the Dual rates are controlled by the Rudder D/R switch. Then I set the Aileron and Elevator to 100% and 75%.

Ivan.....Jimmer.............I hope this helps.

OBTW, I got to the house early today to pull the toilet so the paitner cound shoot texture on the walls. So as an early starter today, I made time before tomorrows FORCASTED rain......which wont come LOL to fly three packs on the 500ESP. What a dream that heli is. I had the 600 with me but it was started to get ugles outside and wind gusts were coming too. So I listened to my little voice and packed the 600 up and came home whole.
JPEE
May 25, 2010, 07:12 PM
I meant to do that!
Quote:

On my DX7 if you set it upo for wing type flapeorns you elevator doesnt work. I think you need a y plug for standard ailerons with 2 servos but i could be wrong
May 25, 2010, 08:33 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
Thanks guys for the suggestions. JPee, based on what your buddy said, looks like I was on the right track. Here is what I did.

Flaperon ON
1 servo in AIL and the other in AUX1
Ailerons were operating backwards so I reversed AIL and AUX1
Flaps operated using the flight mode switch (heli edition of the DX7)
Adjusted the flaps in NORM to sit even with the wing.
I can subtrim the servos separately but normal trim does both.
Set the low rate throws using DR.

Kyle, not sure why your ELE did not work.
May 25, 2010, 09:11 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
Quote:
Thanks guys for the suggestions. JPee, based on what your buddy said, looks like I was on the right track. Here is what I did.

Flaperon ON
1 servo in AIL and the other in AUX1
Ailerons were operating backwards so I reversed AIL and AUX1
Flaps operated using the flight mode switch (heli edition of the DX7)
Adjusted the flaps in NORM to sit even with the wing.
I can subtrim the servos separately but normal trim does both.
Set the low rate throws using DR.

Ivan, I am glad something good came from that information. He gave that to me over year ago and I "saved it" thinking of the day I would need or could use it. Some of the guys here cut in flaps between the ailes and the fuse. I watch them fly and it looks like flaps would really be great for landing. Good luck and keep us up to date as to how she flies for you.
JPEE
May 25, 2010, 09:34 PM
I meant to do that!
Quote:
Thats because most of the time I just guess at what I'm doin! On my latest foamie it was a kinda delta wing design and only had flaperons no ele or rudder. And I set that by the dx7 manual of 1 servo in aile, and the other in ele. So with my limited experience in planks I push buttons till it works

Quick Reply