Jan 10, 2012, 02:30 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessomatt
I am about to order a sx from tower hobbies. Can anyone reccomend a few spare parts that usually break so I can qualify for free shipping at tower hobbies?
A main shaft set would be handy, as the blade pivots can break in a crash with blades still spinning. Besides that I would recommend a spare tail blade, spare tail, and a linkage set, in case one pops off in a crash, and decides to "hide" from you.

And for other questions you might have, here's a FAQ thread for this heli: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1337008
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2012, 04:41 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessomatt
I am about to order a sx from tower hobbies. Can anyone reccomend a few spare parts that usually break so I can qualify for free shipping at tower hobbies?
I would add a flybar to the list as well as extra links plus of course a couple of batteries.
Jan 10, 2012, 05:26 PM
A few tail rotors since it can lean back on the floor. Tail motor will probably need replacing after a short while. Set of blades in case you smack something. Spare batteries.
Jan 10, 2012, 07:18 PM

Just purchased one of these

Hey everyone I'm new to the RC mini helicopter world and I just purchased one of these to fly around the office. I have been having a hell of a time trying to get this thing to fly straight. When I throttle up it seems to always want to "slide" to the left, even after trying to trim it it doesnt seem to want to fly straight. Now the little fins on the back rudder broke off. One was already pretty bent when i opened the box and it finally just came loose and completely snapped off so i pulled the other one off to see if that helped. Also the back blade hits the bottom of the rudders wing as I can see deposits of black scuffs under it. Anyways, I could really use some help. Any thoughts/feedback will help.

Thanks!
Jan 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznMD
Hey everyone I'm new to the RC mini helicopter world and I just purchased one of these to fly around the office. I have been having a hell of a time trying to get this thing to fly straight. When I throttle up it seems to always want to "slide" to the left, even after trying to trim it it doesnt seem to want to fly straight. Now the little fins on the back rudder broke off. One was already pretty bent when i opened the box and it finally just came loose and completely snapped off so i pulled the other one off to see if that helped. Also the back blade hits the bottom of the rudders wing as I can see deposits of black scuffs under it. Anyways, I could really use some help. Any thoughts/feedback will help.

Thanks!
Posting a pic might help to see what is wrong with your heli.

As for my SX, I've been testing the Nano 160 T2 ("twin rail") battery. I do get higher flight times than with the stock 150 mAh battery, around 5 1/2 minutes vs 5 minutes on the stock cells, of you want time to spare for a controlled landing. I like the handling better with the stock cell, as it's lighter, but if the Nano 160s can hold out after more cycles, these might be a cost effective alternative...
Jan 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
nice pic were did you get thous rockit pods from
Jan 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatkarl
nice pic were did you get thous rockit pods from
Nine Eagles has an official set, I've only ever seen it for sale at ClubHeli (and they are currently out of stock).

I made my own, but only for static display. For some reason my Bravo doesn't fly properly with them on -- it's not weight, I think they change the CG just enough to cause trouble...
Jan 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by proceramic
dont think Ill be breakin skids too soon as these things seem pretty flexible.

The only thing that is questionable is the throttle curves not as smooth but I can get used to it,maybe needs a little break-in.I can see myself acquiring another one of these in the near future and give it a sheriffs dept. theme
My LG broke after a pretty good crash, just got replacements in.
I agree about the throttle curve, it's much more difficult to get a solid hover or level flight than the MSR but looks SO good in the air I can't resist flying it every once in a while!
Jan 27, 2012, 04:37 PM

bravo sx

dus anyone know were you can get Bravo SX/Bravo III Weapon Set as clubheli are out of stock and cant find anywere to get them and allso am only geting flying times of up to two mins and have tride new batts two
Jan 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man
Nine Eagles has an official set, I've only ever seen it for sale at ClubHeli (and they are currently out of stock).

I made my own, but only for static display. For some reason my Bravo doesn't fly properly with them on -- it's not weight, I think they change the CG just enough to cause trouble...

thanks have looked and cant find any eateher
Jan 27, 2012, 05:48 PM
The kit from NE does not affect flight at all, I fly mine all the time. They seem to be out of sock everywhere. Here is a few pics. Dogfighting with a dragonfly...lol
Jan 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by og1974
The kit from NE does not affect flight at all, I fly mine all the time. They seem to be out of sock everywhere. Here is a few pics. Dogfighting with a dragonfly...lol
Wow, those look so cool. How much were they?
Jan 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69
Wow, those look so cool. How much were they?
Only like 3-4 bux. This was white sx, I painted flat black.
Feb 11, 2012, 05:13 PM

Any Broken RX's Laying Around Your Workbench?

Hi everyone.

I'm brand new to the hobby and although I'm still struggling for consecutive "lollypopless flights" of my BSX, I'm having a blast with it. I know you clubheli users get me The BSX I'm flying is my first 4 channel and only the second helo in my inventory (other is a Syma S107). This forum was a valuable find for me. Thanks to all you regular contributors for helping me thru many of my initial questions.

I wanted to ask some of you saltier fliers if you have any old RXs lying around that you're willing to share a servo pinion gear from. I have a sticky servo that's going to put me into a new board. I've troubleshot it to a cracked pinion (the smaller of the two gears on the assembly) and i think a spare could get me flying again. I'm happy to pay for postage a few bucks for your trouble. Thanks in advance!
Feb 17, 2012, 11:29 PM
proceramic
After seeing Donaldneffs MIAs300 conversion, I had to do it This thing is a blast to fly, seems a bit quicker and alot more responsive than the stock sx.Its also much quiter without the 500 canopy. Thanks Walter for the input on this cool little mod.

Quick Reply