Sep 16, 2015, 02:51 PM
Scotland
Thread OP
Discussion

tri is rolling left when I yaw right during a banked turn.....KK2.1

Hi guys,
Flying my tricopter today, and noticed that it rolls to the left in a tight right hand turn, even with right aeliron, and I have to back off on the rudder to get it to roll back right again. Same for the other direction.
KK2.1 fc, 2213 motors, 3000mah 3s lipo all on a home made alloy folding tri.
Stick scaling is quite small, as I want smooth flying and video.
I would also like to try it with the self level off to see if it is any smoother in flight?
Last edited by rcminiman; Sep 16, 2015 at 05:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2015, 06:13 AM
Scotland
Thread OP
Heres a pic of my folding alloy Tri.
Sep 17, 2015, 11:14 PM
Waste Nothing
An extreme example of 'adverse yaw' I would suspect . How steep are your banks ? (degrees wise)
Latest blog entry: Fellas Fellas Fellas !
Sep 18, 2015, 03:21 AM
Scotland
Thread OP
Not too steep to be honest, I still have the KK's stick scaling turned down. I could actually do with turning it up a wee bit. I was being a but harst on the flight to be honest.
Sep 18, 2015, 06:47 PM
I void warranties
Man I know nothing about the KK but that is a gorgeous build you have there! Can you post some more pics please? You have to email David pic's of your body too, I've seen his design made out of all different materials but never aluminum plate like that. How did you cut it?

Consider organizing your pics into a build log, I'd love to read it if you put one together!
Sep 19, 2015, 09:12 AM
Maybe you you ask for help here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t=simplecopter
Sep 22, 2015, 03:19 AM
Scotland
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
Man I know nothing about the KK but that is a gorgeous build you have there! Can you post some more pics please? You have to email David pic's of your body too, I've seen his design made out of all different materials but never aluminum plate like that. How did you cut it?

Consider organizing your pics into a build log, I'd love to read it if you put one together!
Hi there.
Thanks very much, I just made it out of what I had available at the time.
I found the design online, but cant remember where. I just did a google image search got tricopter body plate. Is David the designer? If so, cheers David, cos it works a treat!

I can take more pics if you like? I could start a thread I suppose if theres interest?

Thanks.
Sep 26, 2015, 07:36 AM
OCD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcminiman
Hi guys,
Flying my tricopter today, and noticed that it rolls to the left in a tight right hand turn, even with right aeliron, and I have to back off on the rudder to get it to roll back right again. Same for the other direction.
KK2.1 fc, 2213 motors, 3000mah 3s lipo all on a home made alloy folding tri.
Stick scaling is quite small, as I want smooth flying and video.
I would also like to try it with the self level off to see if it is any smoother in flight?

Do you have full control in hover? Can you give it full roll input and override the unintended roll output in a turn? One last question, what happens with a higher roll stick scaling?
Sep 28, 2015, 09:57 AM
Scotland
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright
Do you have full control in hover? Can you give it full roll input and override the unintended roll output in a turn? One last question, what happens with a higher roll stick scaling?
Hi there, I still have this issue, but not so bad after I upped the scaling a bit.
I can now over-ride this unwanted yaw-bank, but its still there and noticable. It needs a decent amount of bank input to overcome the roll, or back off the yaw a bit.
Sep 28, 2015, 12:47 PM
I void warranties
Quote:
Is David the designer? If so, cheers David, cos it works a treat!

Yes David of RCExplorer is the designer. I have 5 of his tricopters (currently built) plus several older ones of his in different states of disrepair (i.e. me stealing parts off them for other builds lol)

I'm definitely interested in seeing a build log if you have time! You can also post pictures on David's website (RCExplorer.se), I'm sure if he see's it he'll comment on it, that thing is beautiful!
Sep 29, 2015, 04:05 AM
Scotland
Thread OP
I posted a bit about how I built this a few days ago, its slightly down the page a wee bit. I didnt take pics as I built it, but can take close ups and post them if you like?
Sep 30, 2015, 09:17 AM
Card carrying pensioner
Think of stick scaling as EXPO, the higher the number the more reactive your copter will be to stick inputs.
You could be experiencing a type of drift because stick inputs do not have enough authority.

What version firmware are you using, the latest is Steveis' v1.19s, if using v1.6 or v1.9 you need to upgrade, see Post #1 in the KK2.1.5 Owners Thread.
Sep 30, 2015, 01:00 PM
OCD
Quote:
I posted a bit about how I built this a few days ago, its slightly down the page a wee bit. I didnt take pics as I built it, but can take close ups and post them if you like?
Definitely use the latest firmware and test.

I wonder if you have too much auto level rate P. If too high and you let off roll then it might try to drive the copter back to level too fast. You could try lowering auto level P by 15 to 20 % and see if it gets better. If not then you have eliminated that variable. Just keep trying the obvious things. Could be a bad board so different one known to work could eliminate a hardware issue as well.

Quick Reply