Sep 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero104
I'm building the new 60" J-3 from Pat Tritle Custom Models. And a Golden Age Reproductions "Consolidated Fleet" biplane converted to r/c.
I'll need a couple weeks to get started as I am finishing a scratch build 33% Super Cub. Over budget and running behind timeline.
Aero104
Any pics of the Super cub. What plans did you use or did you draw them yourself?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm down for a Swanyshouse Mojo 40. Need to change that to a Primo 40. The kit was ordered about a week ago, but hasn't arrived yet. In fact, I'm not even sure it's been shipped yet.
Sep 28, 2012, 04:11 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies
can i change the Plane imBuilding to A Balsa Kit BAE Hawk ?

K
well
Sep 28, 2012, 04:35 PM
It's not a problem. There aren't many rules with this whole thing. Just participate if you can.
Sep 28, 2012, 05:02 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2
It's not a problem. There aren't many rules with this whole thing. Just participate if you can.
Ok then
Sep 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
Support Your Local Hobby Shops
Last edited by aero104; Mar 14, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Sep 29, 2012, 12:57 PM
Student-Can't Fly Yet

SIG Somethin Extra

Hi all,

Just got wind of this clinic, great idea and could use the help. I'm completely green on kit building; but looking forward to the challenge. Just waiting on the balance of building accessories expected to arrive next week.
Never too late to join, yes?

Thanks,

Michael
Sep 29, 2012, 01:03 PM
Nope never too late. Don't want to speak for Murocflyer though.

Got my plans copied this morning and cleaning up my workbench so I can start mine.

Robert
Sep 29, 2012, 01:48 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violets
Hi all,

Just got wind of this clinic, great idea and could use the help. I'm completely green on kit building; but looking forward to the challenge. Just waiting on the balance of building accessories expected to arrive next week.
Never too late to join, yes?

Thanks,

Michael
Anyone that wants to build a SIG Somethin' Extra is always welcome. Actually, anyone is welcomed, but the SSE is one of my all-time favorite planes.

Welcome aboard! And please see post #2 for when you start your thread. Just let me know the link.

BTW, how did you hear about the clinic?

Frank
Sep 29, 2012, 05:31 PM
Just joined the forums, and ran across this thread.

what a time to decide I want my first "bigger" plan to be a balsa kit.

I'm currently fiddling with the ultra-micros. So this will be my first larger plane.

I'm thinking about the Steven's Aero Fullhouse.

Skill level: Newbie

Is it too late to join in? I haven't even order a kit yet. :/

First newbie question: When ordering the kit is it better to order the extras with it or pick them up later as you come to them? Specifically the electronics and covering material really.
Sep 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcMaine
Just joined the forums, and ran across this thread.

what a time to decide I want my first "bigger" plan to be a balsa kit.

I'm currently fiddling with the ultra-micros. So this will be my first larger plane.

I'm thinking about the Steven's Aero Fullhouse.

Skill level: Newbie

Is it too late to join in? I haven't even order a kit yet. :/

First newbie question: When ordering the kit is it better to order the extras with it or pick them up later as you come to them? Specifically the electronics and covering material really.
It is not too late to join. May a suggest this? http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAe...0-p-16492.html

And you might as well buy the glue and covering from SA as well. It will save on shipping.

Let me know if you'd like to join in the clinic and what you want to build and I'll get you added to post #3.

Frank
Sep 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero104
I've built one 1/4 scale ikon n west, and two BalsaUSA 1/3 scale Super Cubs. Over the years I kept modifying them for one reason or another. This latest one is incorporating all the old mods plus many new ones. The biggest is stuffing a DA-120 with full pipes inside, with structure mods for the torque. I will use it as a glider towplane, and for banners.

1/3 scale BalsaUSA Super Cub from plans, with many, many mods...
http://shop.balsausa.com/product_p/415.htm
WOW! That is a beautiful model and she is coming along very nicely. Great choice for an engine as well.

Frank
Sep 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
Student-Can't Fly Yet
Thanks for the warm welcome; it’s getting cold up here, LOL!

Frank, I was browsing RC Canada and one of our members posted the link today, I got lucky. I’ll send you my thread, once its set-up.

Michael
Sep 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:

Frank, I was browsing RC Canada and one of our members posted the link today, I got lucky. I’ll send you my thread, once its set-up.

Michael
Great to see you here Michael.
I cant think of a better way to get into this hobby than building your own Airplane and taking that pride with you when you learn how to fly it.

Brian T.
Sep 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Michael
Well that is interesting. Glad to have you on board.

Frank

Quick Reply