Jul 01, 2011, 11:49 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP
I have a third hand which I use regularly - it's essential lol
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2011, 10:33 PM
What started with a cold and cloudy morning actually turned into an excellent heli day. As well, it is Canada Day, national holiday, and day off with pay. This morning, I blew off four lipos with regular sports flight.

Around noon, I wandered into my LHS. He had promised to have the Blade 450 in for pre-sale testing. As well, he was supposed to have the Gen Ace 2200 milliamp, 3S, 55C lipos. Apparently the Blade 450 had been returned to Horizon for failing to meet expectations. This LHS is very picky about what he puts on his shelves. He did not have the Gen Ace I was expecting but he did have the new 6S Gen Ace. I think the TRex 600 crowd will like it. Since it is still under test, he did not have a retail price on it yet.

I wandered over to local flying field. There were a lot of planks and a couple of helis. It seemed like many of the plank guys were trying to turn their planks into helis. They seemed intent on making their planks hover on their tails. There were lots of Strykers and Habus. Those planks can really move.

Came home to an excellent steak dinner and then took the bird out for another four lipos. This time, the skies have cleared and the weather is warm. Fireworks tonight!
Jul 02, 2011, 06:16 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP
I got in 5 flights on Stryker yesterday

Doppler app on my iPhone said fastest pass was 97 mph BUT it's prob more like 89-93 consistently which is nice

Thing about this bird is that once you go fast - you'll always wanna go faster lol

It's a curse

Or

Is it a blessing lol

Either way - happy B-lated Canada day
Jul 02, 2011, 10:11 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
I got in 5 flights on Stryker yesterday

Doppler app on my iPhone said fastest pass was 97 mph BUT it's prob more like 89-93 consistently which is nice

Thing about this bird is that once you go fast - you'll always wanna go faster lol

It's a curse

Or

Is it a blessing lol

Either way - happy B-lated Canada day
My plane can do 100 MPH Sorry could not resist Hope you Guys are having a fine weekend. Sounds like it so far. Yes Happy Be-lated Canada Day. Our big celebration will be Monday...July 4th
Jul 02, 2011, 11:04 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP
Likewise

Happy independence day !
Jul 02, 2011, 11:08 AM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
Perfect conditions this morning. No wind, temp @ 75 F and light marine layer blocking the sun.

In front of my driveway:
Did a 5 minute 100 foot hover with the Lama V3 on a NE 600mah 2S.

Next was the HBFP V2 doing some (kinda fast) sweeping esses with a stall turn at the apex. Almost plowed into the ground at one point, but throttled out of the near crash. Final verdict on the CP3 4 in one and CP3 main motor - definitely more power than the stock 370 motor.

Lastly a nice easy 70' high 1/4 throttle flight with the Champ.

Now for a mid morning breakfast - consisting of a Bloody Mary with an olive and celery stick.

Perfect start to a long weekend

Happy belated Canada Day to the folks up North of the line
Jul 02, 2011, 11:11 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Likewise

Happy independence day !
It will be one year on "Independence Day" that I went without a cig. Cold turkey I thought this would be the perfect time to quit as I thought to myself..."I'm claiming my Independence back." I know it sounds goofy but, so far so good

Going out to fly a little
Jul 02, 2011, 11:16 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP
Not goofy mike

Congrats is in order
Jul 02, 2011, 11:36 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Not goofy mike

Congrats is in order
Thanks Bud.

Grumpee Sounds like you are having a fantastic day. I especially like the sound of that Bloody Mary. The breakfast of Champions It is 12:30 PM here...time for a Screwdriver
Jul 02, 2011, 09:25 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP

Rebuild/New Painted Trojan

Finished tonight

New fuse, wing, hstab, and custom paint job on wing, hstab and cowl. I kept it simple and just used yellow krylon plastics paint. The top of the wing and hstab are solid yellow, and underneath or both the tips are colored yellow as well.

I also added chrome duct tape underneath, covering the ply spar - this didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it works.

I still need to add something (RCAF perhaps) to the top of the wing in chrome lettering.

Now I am off to drink some beer

will take this and Stryker to park tomorrow
Jul 02, 2011, 10:05 PM
Vanadu
^Looks good
Jul 02, 2011, 10:12 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP
thanks dude

I think it needs markings on the wing

maybe RCAF in chrome letters, and or a canadian maple leaf in Chrome

what ya flyen these days Rob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy
^Looks good
Jul 02, 2011, 10:47 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
Congrats Mike on the 1 year nicotine free. For me It'll be 6 years in November nicotine free (but 100lbs larger).

Ryan - Nice trojan,The Stryker 's got to be a blast!!

Night all
Daryl/GRUMPEE
Jul 02, 2011, 10:52 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thread OP
Daryl

Thanks

Yes the stryker is a blast - love the speed and quick precise handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Congrats Mike on the 1 year nicotine free. For me It'll be 6 years in November nicotine free (but 100lbs larger).

Ryan - Nice trojan,The Stryker 's got to be a blast!!

Night all
Daryl/GRUMPEE
Jul 02, 2011, 11:04 PM
A great flight day out here on the west coast. Got in four good sports flights this morning and another four this early evening. I was also able to get in some sim time as well. It was great for trying a few things I don't have enough guts to try on the 450...yet.

Quick Reply