Dec 28, 2012, 07:51 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut

Current Draw 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Yeah, when I saw it only takes about 20-40 amps, I felt like it would be a better match, still in search for the fan unit though
Measured 28.7 Amps and 332 watts with Gens Ace 3800/25C 3S after 15 seconds. (1 motor, of course). Motor and battery were just warm after 3 minutes of 2/3rd to a few full throttle bursts. One of the ESC's started to vary the speed and was hotter than the other one. I'll have to check its program to see if its timing is different from the other.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy
Measured 28.7 Amps and 332 watts with Gens Ace 3800/25C 3S after 15 seconds. (1 motor, of course). Motor and battery were just warm after 3 minutes of 2/3rd to a few full throttle bursts. One of the ESC's started to vary the speed and was hotter than the other one. I'll have to check its program to see if its timing is different from the other.
dude your awesome! do you think that those motors would fit these fans? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...inch_64mm.html
Dec 28, 2012, 08:01 PM

Wing Tube Defect

Ready to join the wings, but noticed the tube near the leading edge of the left wing is not aligned properly. See photos.....what now??
Dec 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Ready to join the wings, but noticed the tube near the leading edge of the left wing is not aligned properly. See photos.....what now??
You could possibly drill out a new hole, but you would probably have to epoxy the tube into place, as it would have a bit of wiggle room. The hole isn't that deep I think a long drill bit could do the trick if your careful with it
Dec 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
dude your awesome! do you think that those motors would fit these fans? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...inch_64mm.html
That is just the fan unit.....What motor are you talking about?
Dec 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
You could possibly drill out a new hole, but you would probably have to epoxy the tube into place, as it would have a bit of wiggle room. The hole isn't that deep I think a long drill bit could do the trick if your careful with it
You are correct, I assumed that the internal tubes were glued into the wing....but I just found that I was able to pull it out. Ergo: no big deal....I can fix that!

Now, If I can just get some ESC programming info from Ming
Dec 28, 2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
That is just the fan unit.....What motor are you talking about?
I mean the stock motors that came with the plane. They surprisingly enough survived the crash, not even a scratch on em.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
He may be referring to the Chinese copy of the real "Deans" plug. The real Deans are rated for up to 90amps. I have never had a problem with genuine Deans.

Most of my connections use XT60 https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Nylon_XT60_Con

nectors_Male_Female_5_pairs_GENUINE.html NEVER had any issues with them!

I just received some 90amp rated XT90's for future use... https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Nylon_XT90_Co

nnectors_Male_5pcs_bag_.html
Thanks Gary- that's what I use on all my aircraft- XT60s.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:12 PM

ESCs?

OK, stupid question, as I am an aerodynamicist, not an EDF guy...can I just put bigger (higher amp) ESCs such as 60Amps and run the 777 on 4S? Or will the stock motors not handle it? I want more power but I don't want to blow $300 on more power for a daily flyer.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W
OK, stupid question, as I am an aerodynamicist, not an EDF guy...can I just put bigger (higher amp) ESCs such as 60Amps and run the 777 on 4S? Or will the stock motors not handle it? I want more power but I don't want to blow $300 on more power for a daily flyer.
Your gonna have to change out the motors I think, to my belief they can only handle a 3S system.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
They may be made by HobbyWing, but are not compatable with the "Turnigy" program card.....tried mine, no go Did you ever get any ESC info from Ming?
Bama
Yes I did he was very quick in his response. He said the later 777's are supplied with ZTW 30A esc's went out and just printed the manual for the ESC will review the manual tomorrow. I like to have all data in a packet for all my models, just need to know the Motor and EDF model numbers and all will be fantastic forgot to ask for that info, hate to be the new guy that bugs a person death, grin.
Last edited by Plankdriver6; Dec 28, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
I mean the stock motors that came with the plane. They surprisingly enough survived the crash, not even a scratch on em.
I'm sure they will fit, but we don't know their kv.....I've sent an e-mail to Ming about that and about programming info on those 30amp ESC's.

If the kv is 4200 to 4400, they should be fine. It will take a few more amps to turn that 7 blade rotor than the stock rotor, most likely.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Your gonna have to change out the motors I think, to my belief they can only handle a 3S system.
Yes, 3S only....,I recall that Ming addressed that question a while back

A pair of these will do nicely on 4S..... http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m91-duct...ProductReviews
Last edited by bamaguy; Dec 28, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
I'm sure they will fit, but we don't know their kv.....I've sent an e-mail to Ming about that and about programming info on those 30amp ESC's.

If the kv is 4200 to 4400, they should be fine. It will take a few more amps to turn that 7 blade rotor than the stock rotor, most likely.
If you get the motor and fan info, would you mind posting.
Dec 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankdriver6
If you get the motor and fan info, would you mind posting.
I sure will

Quick Reply