Mar 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
Team USA F3F Member
It does have the launching hook on the bottom... But I don't think it floats like a lot of the F3B versions...

But I guess I don't want to be a hindrance to the day by not having ANY experience flying off a winch, although I think I can learn quick...

So that's kind of why I asked if it would be alright...

Tim
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2011, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
Tim I would love to have you! Yes!

Food for thought.... you need a transmitter that can have a launch mode....does yours?

K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttraver
Hey Kyle!

Can I come? Now that I've got my F3F intro, I'd love to see what F3B is all about...

Not sure if the Nyx will work, so maybe I can bum something else from Bob.

Regardless, I'd love to check it out...

Tim Traver
Mar 28, 2011, 10:21 PM
Thread OP
You are the reason I'm doing this.... no hindrance at all!

What would help tremendously would be to have your transmitter ready to go with a launch mode programmed in..... That would save us allot of time because then all I’d need to do is say a little more of this and a little more of that.

K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttraver
It does have the launching hook on the bottom... But I don't think it floats like a lot of the F3B versions...

But I guess I don't want to be a hindrance to the day by not having ANY experience flying off a winch, although I think I can learn quick...

So that's kind of why I asked if it would be alright...

Tim
Mar 28, 2011, 11:26 PM
Team USA F3F Member
Hey Kyle!

that's great!

I have several modes that I can put it in. I have a Spektrum DX8 transmitter. If you tell me what kind of things need to be set up in a launch mode, then I can work on programming it for that.

I already have kind of a launch mode set up for when we were racing this weekend, where the throttle controlled camber settings for the climb out, then I had a race mode which had the reflex, and the landing mode for the flaps and crow...

It sounds like I need a launch mode, a cruise mode, and a landing mode. If you want to tell me what the most important things are in each, I will get it all programmed!

Thanks!!!!

Tim
Mar 29, 2011, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Cool Tim.... let's talk on the phone and I'll give you the scoup.

K

PMed you...
Mar 30, 2011, 08:50 AM

Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlachow
Mike, this would be a good time to use the batteries we left with you after team selections. So the out of town guys know they are ready for the Cal Valley event. Glauco Lago and Don Barker will need some batteries. Thanks for storing them.
Mike,
You see... this guy was cleaning up junk in in the area and my wife gave the batteries away.......

OK, I will have them fully charged and ready to go.

Mike Wilson
Mar 30, 2011, 10:26 AM
F3B and F3K
Quote:
You see... this guy was cleaning up junk in in the area and my wife gave the batteries away.......
Glauco and I also have a share in those batteries..

Good that they will be used and thanks Mike for taking care of them.

Reto
Latest blog entry: Pull-pull: back to the roots
Apr 16, 2011, 09:12 AM
Thread OP
Okay dudes... who is in for sure?

Talk to me!
Apr 16, 2011, 11:32 AM
Detail Freak
I'll be there if my work doesn't own me that weekend.
Those FOCKERS!

R,
Target

I'm 100% in, Yay!
I had to call the HR girl and ask what would happen if I "refused" to work on a day that was scheduled "off", like a weekend.
It didn't come down to that, but that was where I was headed. Freaking managers!

Anyway, I'm looking to find out this week who I will carpool with.
Brandon- Are you still coming? If not, maybe Mr Cortina?
Last edited by target; Apr 23, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Apr 17, 2011, 01:17 AM
I'm in if i find a hooker by then.
DC
Apr 17, 2011, 08:11 AM
Kyle:
Count me in to help out shaggin winch lines like I did at the T/S. I'll bring some extra gloves.
If I can get my Europhia II dialed in then count me in for some stick time too. Can't wait.
Apr 17, 2011, 01:23 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Kyle:

I will definitely be there. I would not miss this!!!

Thanks again for doing this!

Dave
Apr 22, 2011, 02:44 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM

First Class Launching Instructions

Steve Elias and I were able to fly with Kyle Paulson yesterday. I asked Kyle if I could post these videos of him giving Steve some first class instruction on how to launch a plane on mono.

Lots of firsts yesterday. We are both newbies to F3B. First time for either of us launching on mono. First time ever for Steve actually doing the launching of a plane on a winch (we are slope guys). First time trying a speed run. First time Steve flew his new Europhia II he bought from Gordon on a winch........

Kyle broke the launch sequence down into phases so you don't have to learn everything all at once. I will let the videos do the talking but notice the sequence of what Kyle had Steve do.

Kyle: Steve and I can't thank you enough for yesterday! You truly are a gentleman! What a GREAT day, fun, fun fun!!! I am still processing what we learned from you yesterday!

iPhone video, so crank up the sound. (Most are very short)

IMG_0940.MOV (2 min 11 sec)

IMG 0941 (2 min 26 sec)

IMG 0942 (0 min 11 sec)

IMG 0943 (0 min 50 sec)

IMG 0944 (0 min 26 sec)

IMG 0945 (0 min 34 sec)

IMG 0947 (0 min 41 sec)

IMG 0948 (1 min 0 sec)

Dave
Apr 22, 2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the vids David ! That brought back memories for me when Kyle was teaching me. Such a huge benefit to have him as a teacher. Have fun and keep the vids coming please.

FFF
Apr 22, 2011, 07:19 AM
Dark Side of the Red Merle

Safety Alert

Very awesome videos! That iPhone did a nice job!

Very, very important to note though....Ensure that the winch line is under the palm of your hand! You want to make sure you are holding the winch line up against the bottom of the fuselage. If you are NOT holding the winch line that means your hand is forward of the line and that could mean the loss of some appendages.

Curtis
Montana
Last edited by Curtis Suter; Apr 22, 2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply