Sep 09, 2012, 01:01 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 13, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2012, 02:44 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
Wow, another advertisement for Hobby King. Holy crap. I know they are this site's sponsor and all, and pay money to people for giving them props and stuff, but isn't this just going a little bit too far?

This hobby for many is not about what costs what and where can I get crappy stuff for the least amount of money. I think some may have missed that point. And if you don't know what I am talking about already, there is no need to explain it here. Stop by your local club or go to a fun fly, SEFF, NEAT, etc and you will see what I mean.

Frank
Hmmmm....I know there are those with unlimited funds and I applaud them for buying the best of the best, but I can assure you most are looking for cheap prices that still deliver acceptable quality- so yes many times it has everything to do with cost.
Sep 09, 2012, 05:44 PM
Sep 09, 2012, 07:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackswilly
I just joined this site and have only read 2 threads and both have someone talking down to someone else for trying to help. Sure hope everyone on here isn't like this
me too....
Sep 09, 2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
So cheap prices makes it OK for people to create threads that advertise for HK?
Pls reread my post- I never said that. My post was that most are looking for cheap deals that are within acceptable quality. Where you pulled that from is a bit beyond me.
Sep 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther3001
me too....
sorry guys, there's a war going on here...
Sep 09, 2012, 07:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
So cheap prices makes it OK for people to create threads that advertise for HK? If that was the case then Todd's Models, HeadsUp RC, Value Hobby, etc would have thousands of threads doing the same thing as here. But that is just not the case since it is not OK. And I don't know about anyone else, but the banner ads for HK is enough for me here on RCG. If I want to shop there I will, but if I don't, tricking me to read a thread (and this is not the only one) claiming I have to get this and only this parkflyer is just wrong in my eyes. Not to mention the fact that there are better planes to choose from. See Robbins' post if you need more info.

Just so you know, I don't have a problem with HK at all. They can do what they want and hire people to advertise and create threads all they want here on RCG. I couldn't care less. I do think though that anyone that has been hired by HK to do this, that it should be stated under their username so we all know their motives. At least then we know the reasons why they are posting what they are posting.

Since you (the OP) is new here, you may not know that a battery company did the same thing some time ago. But at least they made those guys say so under their username. That is only ethical business practice.
I'll just quote myself here, and repeat, "I am not getting paid for any of this; I am not associated with any RC company or product, period." (Please read here if you want to know where I am coming from: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=34)
Last edited by panther3001; Sep 09, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
Sep 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
...sorry for being overly excited about rc.

...go buy a Tower Trainer 40 (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCAS2&P=ML) or Parkzone Radian (http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/radian-rtf-PKZ4700) or Hobbyzone Stratos (http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...os-rtf-HBZ7700, and
Flite Test - Hobbyzone Stratos - REVIEW (11 min 1 sec)
) or something.

and let me reiterate what I said before, "To each his own. I am only presenting one perspective, and I am not saying my opinion is better than anyone else's, but it works for me. I appreciate other perspectives, views, and pocket-book sizes, because it keeps the RC market competitive, growing, and strong, and allows for local hobby shops to exist, which is essential I think to keeping this hobby alive and available!

There are three things in balance in virtually all purchases in life. They are 1) Price, 2) Quality, 3) Time (or Service, ex: Customer Service). Choose any 2 of those 3, or balance them as you personally see fit."

(source: this thread, Page 1, Post 12)

.....over and out.
Last edited by panther3001; Sep 09, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Sep 09, 2012, 08:04 PM
Sep 09, 2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
I just joined this site and have only read 2 threads and both have someone talking down to someone else for trying to help. Sure hope everyone on here isn't like this
Well from my experience I would say "get used to it quickly or you won't be here long."

Frank
Sep 09, 2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
zack,

welcome to RCG. Most of us are eager and happy to help, but as said earlier, there's a war going on, and as you've already noticed, you can see how defensive some can get, even if it means making wild assumptions and accusations, but stay long enough, and it no longer means much and actually after a while it becomes sorta entertaining. So don't give up hope, stick around and enjoy RCG...it is a rich community, with a few kinks/bumps here and there.
Sep 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Quote:
Well a lot of people say the same thing, but ARE getting paid to do exactly what you are doing.

Source: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1726648

So from the casual observer, and since you are pushing HK products, it sure looks, feels, and smells like it.

Just thought I would let you know how it looks from my PC screen.

Frank
Unsubstantiated personal opinion. Show me WHO is getting paid Frank. And since when was this thread just about Hobby King?

Mark
Sep 09, 2012, 09:47 PM
Sep 09, 2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
There is a "war going on"? Really? I see a lot of personal issues between members, but a "war"? Isn't that over exageting things a little bit.

What I do see is definitely a shift in who you can trust and who you can't trust. Ecer since HK came out with that prgram to pay folks for helping to promote their products, there have been a rash of "great new products: all of sudden. So now you have a bunch of folks all claiming this product or that product is great, but how can a person know that person is for real or is just pretending that product is great beacuse he or she is getting some kickback from HK? That to me is the saddest thing about that.

Take for example the OP, he comes in here looking to conciinve everyone that that HK plane is the greatest plane ever. Well it could very well be, but since the OP might be on HK's payroll, then perhaps he is just to make some money. No one knows for sure and that is why I am sad to see this happen here on RCG. It also makes me wonder how much are these folks getting paid to look around RCG and comment everytime something appears to be said negatively about HK? Just look at when I mentioned this:

Immediately, there was a comment directed at me and it han't stopped. And I bet it will continue. But like I said, I have nothing against HK, I even bought a HK motor and serovs from a friend of mine a couple weeks ago to use on my MM Switchback.

But that is all I have to say on this topic. It doesn't really concern me anyway. But this is the third thread I seen today that was started simply for us to buy HK products and I just had to say something and get it off my chest.

Going back to what really matters now.

Frank
Frank,

it's just as sad to see assumptions and accusations based on hearsay or a hunch, or how you put it, "might" .... especially coming from a seasoned member like yourself. enough said.
Sep 10, 2012, 03:24 AM
Intentionally left blank
Quote:
Just thought I would let you know how it looks from my PC screen.

Frank
Perhaps if you removed the filters from the screen you would have a clear view.

Hell, mention HK in any favourable light and you are there. Of course followed by RCALLDAYLONG and both proceed to hail on anyone's parade.

I wish you both would get the boot from RCG, at least one will be at home on the psycho site.

Panther3001, don't know your intentions but mention HK in any light and you will attract extreme criticism.

zackswilly, there are some here who like nothing better than to drag others down, especially the ones who are "experts". I think you have just met a couple reading this thread.

Quick Reply