Mar 25, 2010, 04:52 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
180 degree pan / 256 steps is 0.7 degrees per step. That *is* noticeable.
Of course a lot of people use cheap servos for P&T with resolution that is worse than that
and thus they wouldn't notice. The Hyperion Atlas servos I use have more than 400
steps of resolution over 180 degrees of rotation.
I disagree, I use the Hitec HS65HB which is modified for 180-degrees (resistor mod) and is geared to provide about 270-degrees of pan. I see *NO* steps or stuttering or any granularity that would point to a resolution problem whatsoever.

Cheers,

Sander.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2010, 04:55 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
And not to harp on this, but why does the subject say AVAILABLE NOW! when you still
can't actually order this system anywhere? I thought we were supposed to be past this.

ian
Well, just must've missed the last paragraph of the first post where I mention exactly when we'll ship, it specifically says *first batch will ship to retailers next week*. Can we be blamed for them not having it up for order yet? Orders have been placed and paid for already by some of these retailers, that's as much as I can do really. I can't force them to update their websites can I?

Cheers,

Sander.
Mar 25, 2010, 04:55 AM
FPV Junkie
Hi immersion team , I was on the beta test program, and nothing now .

if you want town and firmware upgrade test as we discuss at l'aigle , I'm your man

I sell my LRS DMD for that reason

Good work anyway, what about the antenna ?

rgds

Sébastien
Mar 25, 2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Well, just must've missed the last paragraph of the first post where I mention exactly when we'll ship, it specifically says *first batch will ship to retailers next week*. Can we be blamed for them not having it up for order yet? Orders have been placed and paid for already by some of these retailers, that's as much as I can do really. I can't force them to update their websites can I?

Cheers,

Sander.
I missed nothing. Last paragraph clearly says it's not available yet which is
my point. "AVAILABLE NOW!...... well.. really next week.. in limited quantities"
You saying you didn't have a choice of when to post this thread or
what to put in the subject?

ian
Mar 25, 2010, 05:01 AM
Sander,

Did your Dutch retailer place an order?
Mar 25, 2010, 05:04 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
I missed nothing. Last paragraph clearly says it's not available yet which is
my point. "AVAILABLE NOW!...... well.. really next week.. in limited quantities"
You saying you didn't have a choice of when to post this thread or
what to put in the subject?

ian
What's your objective here really? You are under no obligation to post. If you want to make a point about product availability in general I suggest you exercise similar diligence in the topics where folks make product announcements about products that are still in development but gladly take your preorders (and hard earned $$$) months before the product actually ships.

Cheers,

Sander.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:08 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman View Post
Sander,

Did your Dutch retailer place an order?
No, nor will they be carrying this product.

Cheers,

Sander.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:19 AM
My objective is to see a little truth in advertising.

I have no problem with someone taking money for pre-orders
as long as they *say* they're pre-orders, and I've not seen
anyone here do otherwise.

ian
Mar 25, 2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
No, nor will they be carrying this product.

Cheers,

Sander.
Any other European retailer?
Mar 25, 2010, 05:38 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman View Post
Any other European retailer?
Not at this point. Take note that using this system in the EU requires a HAM license to begin with, and in most countries/parts of the world as well. The end user is responsibile for having all the required licenses in order to be able to use the product.

Cheers,

Sander.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:45 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Quote:
Not at this point. Take note that using this system in the EU requires a HAM license to begin with, and in most countries/parts of the world as well. The end user is responsibile for having all the required licenses in order to be able to use the product.

Cheers,

Sander.
What does that mean exactly?

You, or better ImmersionRC have written that the output power can be adjusted through the software.
Will there be a special firmware update to be legal in Europe?
Mar 25, 2010, 05:49 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
What does that mean exactly?

You, or better ImmersionRC have written that the output power can be adjusted through the software.
Will there be a special firmware update to be legal in Europe?
The legality is governed by the output power, hence issueing a firmware release which brings it within legal limits significantly reduces the useable range. For anyone wishing to use any of the UHF long range systems available on the market (yes, any!) I'd suggest you apply for a HAM license.

Cheers,

Sander.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:49 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Sanders: I have to go in the same way as Daemon on this one. ''Available now'' for me means that I can click on the ''buy button'' NOW from any site that do have units in stock.

When I saw the title of this thread, I said to myself, sweet let's order right away... then after reading the post I realize that units will ship to retailers next weeks.... oh well...no big deal....but please don't put the blame on retailers not updating their website right away...even if they already paid for a ''batch''... it's still not available NOW like you said if units were not shipped already

I'm not giving you attitude about this, just giving my opinion. Title would have been ''Shipping next week'' and this would have been more realistic then the actual title.

Enough said, I cannot wait to push the ''buy button''

Cheers mate!
Mar 25, 2010, 05:52 AM
Questionable judgement
I have been very happy with all my immersionrc purchases. Even though I have a LRS that I am perfectly satisfied with I shall purchase a ezuhf because I know it will kick some serious ass. Expect a three way test in the near future.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:59 AM
Sander,
About servo precision , download this real test, this confirms the bad precision of most servos; a precision of 256 bits is enough.
http://www.aeroglide.net/2009/12/choisir-ses-servos/
Robert

Quick Reply