Feb 21, 2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM123 View Post
My first post on RCgroups. Hello fellow Canadians.
Greetings DBM, welcome aboard.

I see you're (kind of) up in my neck of the woods..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2013, 12:31 AM
noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
Greetings DBM, welcome aboard.

I see you're (kind of) up in my neck of the woods..
I've only been to Lac La Biche once many years ago for an ice race event. I think I'll have to return next winter to partake in the festivities once again.
Feb 22, 2013, 12:43 AM
fly by night
Quote:
My first post on RCgroups. Hello fellow Canadians.
hey welcome.

Whatcha flyin? or whatcha want to FPV?
Feb 22, 2013, 12:45 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Thread OP
welcome DBM! strap on those cameras and get us some videos!
Feb 22, 2013, 02:22 AM
noob
Just a Contour Roam mounted to a Hobbyzone Super Cub. I've got skis on the plane, but the wind hasn't cooperated in weeks. :P
I have a mostly completed scratch built $tree foamboard delta wing, and hope to build a hot wire foam cutter this weekend so that I can build a flying wing.
Feb 22, 2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
I've only been to Lac La Biche once many years ago for an ice race event. I think I'll have to return next winter to partake in the festivities once again.
I was looking forward to getting some aerials of this years ice races, but hotel rooms are so busy this year because of all the activity around here they are cancelled.

Our big pond hockey tournament is on though, the organizers are looking forward to me getting some shots of it, hopefully it won't be too windy.

Been to/through Saskatoon once, camped overnight at Manitou Beach, really want to go back there again, looks like a nice place to fly as well.
Feb 22, 2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Just a Contour Roam mounted to a Hobbyzone Super Cub. I've got skis on the plane, but the wind hasn't cooperated in weeks. :P
I have a mostly completed scratch built $tree foamboard delta wing, and hope to build a hot wire foam cutter this weekend so that I can build a flying wing.
So what kind of wing are you planning.
I sure like the blunt nose Zebro
If I had the time I would scratch build one
But I'm just going to buy one eventually
Feb 22, 2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
and hope to build a hot wire foam cutter this weekend so that I can build a flying wing.
Welcome aboard...do you have a source for reasonably priced EPP?
Feb 22, 2013, 01:25 PM
fly by night
Quote:
sounds like you know what you're doing, nice!

I fly a sizeable, fairly heavy Zephyr2 wing, and it is not phased by strong winds. I have flown it in 50kph winds, and flying and landing was easy, launch was easer than calm day of course. (Well there wasn't much convection that day)
Feb 22, 2013, 04:30 PM
Rick
Ha guys

Does anyone know anything about or seen the ArkBird OSD/Stabilization system in action? There's not a lot of info on it and most is coming from the 6 or 8 people. There's a thread here on RCG and a number of guys have one but have not tried it as of yet. It looks like a good bang for your buck. A nice all in one system, almost plug and play.

Rick
Feb 22, 2013, 07:21 PM
Rick
There will be a segmet on Discovery Chanel's Daily Planet show on Monday featuring TBRC doing some FPV. Way to go guys.

Rick
Feb 22, 2013, 07:48 PM
fly by night
Arkbird OSD. I have not used it. Not sure if I will try it, since I have so many other OSD now.

- kind of lower end design OSD layout, like Cyclops or Feiyu
- Has 4 waypoint to follow, and 'fence' mode to prevent flyaways
- imu, baro, gps
- it is a lot like Storm, except for the extra waypoints and looks like it has an AHI too - Storm lacks these
- seems like a better connectivity setup than Cyclops, with regulators for cam and vtx
- only ~$20 more than Storm

Seems there is an issue with it not recognizing GPS coords in the Western hemisphere though. ouch! Storm has issues also, though mine works flawlessly, knock on wood.
Feb 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
There will be a segmet on Discovery Chanel's Daily Planet show on Monday featuring TBRC doing some FPV. Way to go guys.

Rick
Hey ! where did you get that info ?
i personally know Yuvski and the TBRC folks and we don't even know the air date yet !?

Please share you source
Feb 22, 2013, 09:20 PM
Team Basement RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post

Rick
Woohoo! Thanks, that post sent us all scrambling but then we saw the "coming next week" announcement in the Daily Planet show.

We are so excited!!!
Feb 22, 2013, 09:25 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Hey ! where did you get that info ?
i personally know Yuvski and the TBRC folks and we don't even know the air date yet !?

Please share you source
The guys from TBRC where on the Crash Cast pod cast last week and mentioned it. And tonight while watching Daily Planet they showed highlights for Monday's show and I saw they are going to be on. Got the PVR setup.

Quick Reply