Jan 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozanozkok
Thanks SeismicCWave..
i did designed upper side of the mount.now, i ll design a camera tray for it.is the nex5 really good cam? i may order one if it is really good.small and light..my t2i is 850gr with lens.
The Sony NEX 5N is a really good camera. The 16mm f2.8 pancake lens is a bit soft but adequate. Great video and wonderful still images.

I don't use my T2i in the air anymore since the 5N is so light. It is 315 grams with the 16mm lens.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
The Sony NEX 5N is a really good camera. The 16mm f2.8 pancake lens is a bit soft but adequate. Great video and wonderful still images.

I don't use my T2i in the air anymore since the 5N is so light. It is 315 grams with the 16mm lens.
+1 on the 5N. I love mine. I have a feeling its the best camera out there in that weight range but I am not a camera expert so I could be wrong.
Jan 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Suspended Account
hwo do i order a gumball
Jan 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
Musician-Designer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117
hwo do i order a gumball
You can order for gopro from www.copterframes.com.. but if you want it for nex5,please wait for a couple days..maybe 2 day..i m a musician and i cant work on this projects fulltime..tomorrow i will mill it for nex5.
Jan 26, 2012, 09:35 PM
Musician-Designer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
+1 on the 5N. I love mine. I have a feeling its the best camera out there in that weight range but I am not a camera expert so I could be wrong.
i think i must order it
Jan 27, 2012, 02:26 AM
manual flying apologist
I have a nex5n and it is great. I have the 16mm and a eBay underwater housing that takes great underwater video and still as well.

Cheapish camera with a Highend look and feel.

I really like it. I had a d5000 prior and this is much better.
Jan 27, 2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275
I have a nex5n and it is great. I have the 16mm and a eBay underwater housing that takes great underwater video and still as well.

Cheapish camera with a Highend look and feel.

I really like it. I had a d5000 prior and this is much better.
hey I scuba dive as well. Is this the housing you are talking about ? have you used it at 20+ Metres ?? Can it bolt on lights as well ? link to ebay :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/40M-Water...ht_3817wt_1257
Jan 27, 2012, 04:27 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
The Nex5n is the best compact cam I saw so far. Unbelievable crisp images with an enormous depth. Also the full HD videos are crystal clear and sharp.

Q1: I only found retailors in EU offering the kit with lens for an equivalent of ~720USD. Does anybody have a cheaper source abroad?

Q2: It comes with an IR remote control. Does anybody have a source for a converter to drive the IR via radio? Saw this on other cam projects but haven't found one for the nex5 so far...
Jan 27, 2012, 04:30 AM
Hi ozanozkok.

If the weather is still bad. How about a short vid with the gopro from indoors. Slowly move the multirotor side to side, back and forth by hand.
Not in front of a mirror.
Jan 27, 2012, 06:10 AM
Musician-Designer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
Hi ozanozkok.

If the weather is still bad. How about a short vid with the gopro from indoors. Slowly move the multirotor side to side, back and forth by hand.
Not in front of a mirror.
ok I will. this is not hard for me.. but i cant do it until tomorrow.i ll playing until saturday 04.00. after that, i ll share a video like you say...
Jan 27, 2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozanozkok
ok I will. this is not hard for me.. but i cant do it until tomorrow.i ll playing until saturday 04.00. after that, i ll share a video like you say...
Thanks.
Jan 27, 2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
The Nex5n is the best compact cam I saw so far. Unbelievable crisp images with an enormous depth. Also the full HD videos are crystal clear and sharp.

Q1: I only found retailors in EU offering the kit with lens for an equivalent of ~720USD. Does anybody have a cheaper source abroad?

Q2: It comes with an IR remote control. Does anybody have a source for a converter to drive the IR via radio? Saw this on other cam projects but haven't found one for the nex5 so far...
I can answer your Q2.
We are producing Rc remote shutters for most of aerial photography camera (Ricoh,Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus)
http://www.flytron.com/video-equipme...hutter-rc.html

Last edited by MelihK; Jan 27, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Jan 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram

This is the 1 alot of guys are using-> http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/sh...om.htm#shutter

Its cheap too. I bought 1 for my NEX-5N but have not used it yet. I know Ken(RtRyder)uses them.
Jan 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
OS Sponsor
Ok, thx guys.

Tony: the shutter + zoom option looks exactly what I was looking for.
Jan 27, 2012, 09:27 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
I remember seeing an advert on the aerial photography forum for an IR device that can be programmed to do several functions. All you had to do was get an original remote control for the camera, point it at the device and push a button and it could learn any IR command available on the original camera remote.

I can't find a link to it now though, but it was really good value at under $50.

Also found this :http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-Ac...phy/Categories

Quick Reply