Feb 09, 2013, 03:56 PM
FpvQc
did the pinout of the ISP on the OSD is like the 6Pin ISP ?

thanks !
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2013, 04:00 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJo
did the pinout of the ISP on the OSD is like the 6Pin ISP ?

thanks !
Exactly
(Just turned 180-degrees compared to your picture)
Feb 09, 2013, 06:38 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
I've uploaded a new firmware version
http://code.google.com/p/diy-osd-max7456/downloads/list

No bugs have been found on last version, so it's only some extra features that have been implemented. All by request by Absolute Zero (you owe me a beer by the way )
  • Button to reset home-position, The button can be connected directly between RSSI and ground, if RSSI is not used anyway. The button must be pressed approx ½ sec.
  • Average mah/km implemented (not tested with imperial units)
  • Current mah/km implemented (not tested with imperial units)
  • km left with current usage (not tested with imperial units)
  • Channel "monitor". Used to check if a channel-value is above a certain point. Can print custom message to be used as indicator for light-system, camera or whatever.

It should be mentioned, that all the things above is written with defines. That means, they will only be compiled/take up space, if you set them active in the code. That will allow to implement a bunch of features - as only those set active in the config-file will actually be a part of the software uploaded/compiled.

The screen-position for the above implemented features is pretty random, just use the config-file to place them as you prefer.
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Feb 09, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Feb 09, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mosquito 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432
I would agree w / Legit and Dennis - an autopilot needs to be primary. I think Dennis is doing an excellent job w / it, especially considering his schedule. I feel a static autopilot would reflect poorly on this excellent OSD.
I also agree with Legit and Dennis .. here now on page 12 of the second iteration of this thread. I am hoping this fine effort results in a stand alone OSD, that cam simply pipe gps info via the Vtx. Something between the HK minim and and an Eagle Tree

RTH is of course waay cool Henry, but that of course requires interface with the FC .. can be a can of worms. So I'm hoping Dennis's final design comes in at less that 15 grams w/gps module If not .. certainly gotta applaud his incredible effort and sharing another piece of open source flying hardware.

Cheers ..
Last edited by TayNinh68; Feb 09, 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: subscribed
Feb 10, 2013, 07:06 AM
Is it possible to have more than one channel monitor?
Feb 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev
Is it possible to have more than one channel monitor?
All PPM channels are being read anyway, so it shouldn't really be a problem.

The support for EzUHF RSSI/Link is basically just 2 channel-values scaled to 0-100%. You can use that for normal channel-indication as well.

Have you started to solder the OSDs?
Feb 10, 2013, 11:30 AM
Havent received the boards yet its taking quite a lot of time for them being shipped...So this channel reading is only available for ppm receivers?
Feb 10, 2013, 11:34 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Havent received the boards yet its taking quite a lot of time for them being shipped...So this channel reading is only available for ppm receivers?
PPM receivers? You just connect a PPM-signal from your rc-receiver to the OSD and have all channel information available. It can be used to navigate the menu, watch channels, show fail-safe etc.

Another possibility is to read a single channel , but thats just borring compared to the possibilities you have with all channel-info available
Feb 10, 2013, 11:35 AM
When in doubt, throttle out...
What an excellent project!

Ive fitted the Maxim & Atmega - now just waiting for farnel order.

Thanks Dennis!
Feb 10, 2013, 12:29 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands
What an excellent project!

Ive fitted the Maxim & Atmega - now just waiting for farnel order.

Thanks Dennis!
Really nice to see

There is still some space and processing-power left on the microcontroller. If anything specific is missing, just let me know.

I was out flying a couple of hours with Mike_o today.
Everything seems to work perfect (except negative temperature)
Feb 10, 2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie
PPM receivers? You just connect a PPM-signal from your rc-receiver to the OSD and have all channel information available. It can be used to navigate the menu, watch channels, show fail-safe etc.

Another possibility is to read a single channel , but thats just borring compared to the possibilities you have with all channel-info available
Don't those "ppm receivers" output only ppm (for multicopters), or do they output both pwm and ppm? Lets take orangerx openlrs with openlrsng for example.. And some looser cheapo receivers output only pwm hehe.. Hope that openlrsng can do both, so I can input servos normally into it and at the same time see whats happening with the channels on max-osd .
Feb 10, 2013, 12:35 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Don't those "ppm receivers" output only ppm (for multicopters), or do they output both pwm and ppm? Lets take orangerx openlrs with openlrsng for example.. And some looser cheapo receivers output only pwm hehe.. Hope that openlrsng can do both, so I can input servos normally into it and at the same time see whats happening with the channels on max-osd .
Not quite sure about all the cheap receivers, but DragonLink, EzUHF and TSLRS should all allow PPM out on one channel and normal servo-output on the remaining channels.

I use normal servo-output to servos, ESC etc. and PPM for OSD. At the moment I have a single wire between receiver and OSD (with PPM), which allows me to navigate menu, turn artificial horizon on/off and get info about RSSI and Link quality from EzUHF.

PPM from OpenLRS shouldn't be a problem, you can just update the firmware for OpenLRS
Feb 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Negative temperature have been fixed - and verified this time
http://code.google.com/p/diy-osd-max7456/downloads/list
Feb 10, 2013, 06:21 PM
Dennis,

Thanks for some nice flights today. The OSD made all the difference in flying long range comfortably. A few screenshots for those not with us today:

1st flight summary
Last edited by mike_o; Feb 11, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
Feb 10, 2013, 06:51 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o
Dennis,

Thanks for some nice flights today. The OSD made all the difference in flying long range comfortably. A few screenshots for those not with us today:
Year, it was some great flights
4 km LOS flown over water, nice done

I've fixed the negative temperature - but you hit around -7 degrees in the clouds on last flight.

Quick Reply