Aug 10, 2015, 01:43 PM
AMA 1242

camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator
Driving in from florida so is there Camping onsite? Or where? Really inconvienient t pack up camp to get back to an rc event each day.
Make sure you contact Peacfull Vally Campground, & get a deposit in if you have a camper!!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2015, 10:25 PM
Cool beans!
Thread OP

Pilot Prizes!

Guys,

Realized I hadn't mentioned what exactly Hitec/Multiplex gave us this year for our pilot's raffle after the Vapor Games Thursday night

This year our winners will be able to pick from one of the following:
- Weekender Extra 300 PnP
- Weekend F4U Corsair P2Go
- X1 Touch AC/DC multi-chemistry touch screen charger!!!

Don't forget - you don't have to win the contest to get a prize - you get a chance like everyone else just for participating

Also, I'm reviewing some of the feedback from last year to see how else we can make things even better this time (yes Sergey that means your feedback too ). We're definitely eliminating the smoke this time around, and I'll see if I can come up with a simple way of having the pilots queued up to reduce the downtime. We're also looking into some kind of PA system so that I don't lose my voice again

Less than three weeks to go my friends!!!

Rob
Aug 26, 2015, 05:19 AM
AMA 1242

neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Guys,

Realized I hadn't mentioned what exactly Hitec/Multiplex gave us this year for our pilot's raffle after the Vapor Games Thursday night

This year our winners will be able to pick from one of the following:
- Weekender Extra 300 PnP
- Weekend F4U Corsair P2Go
- X1 Touch AC/DC multi-chemistry touch screen charger!!!

Don't forget - you don't have to win the contest to get a prize - you get a chance like everyone else just for participating

Also, I'm reviewing some of the feedback from last year to see how else we can make things even better this time (yes Sergey that means your feedback too ). We're definitely eliminating the smoke this time around, and I'll see if I can come up with a simple way of having the pilots queued up to reduce the downtime. We're also looking into some kind of PA system so that I don't lose my voice again

Less than three weeks to go my friends!!!

Rob
Rob I can bring up a p/a 12 volt if you like. 1 bull horn speaker. Harold
Aug 26, 2015, 11:15 AM
Cool beans!
Thread OP
Hey Harold,

I do have a bullhorn that I'm bringing if I can't think of a better idea - thanks for the offer

Rob
Aug 26, 2015, 03:26 PM
AMA 1242
Quote:
Hey Harold,

I do have a bullhorn that I'm bringing if I can't think of a better idea - thanks for the offer

Rob
this is a p/a with mic & 1 speaker.
Aug 26, 2015, 03:59 PM
Cool beans!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
this is a p/a with mic & 1 speaker.
Bring it then - likely work better than my plan

Thanks!

Rob
Aug 30, 2015, 03:01 PM
Just a thought... Last year I missed most of this due to being wrapped up with other things and I for got about it... Maybe an announcement over the "big" PA system for all events not just this one...

Again, just an idea
Aug 31, 2015, 08:23 AM
Cool beans!
Thread OP
I think that's a great idea. I doubt Tom would have an issue making announcements like that if the club running the event asks nicely

Rob
Aug 31, 2015, 09:24 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
I think that's a great idea. I doubt Tom would have an issue making announcements like that if the club running the event asks nicely

Rob
I do not plan on using the NEAT PA system after 5pm unless it is an emergency. You hear enough of my voice between 8am and 5pm as it is! if you want something announced before that, just come and see me.
Aug 31, 2015, 09:36 AM
Cool beans!
Thread OP
That's fair Tom -thanks!

Rob
Aug 31, 2015, 11:41 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
I do not plan on using the NEAT PA system after 5pm unless it is an emergency. You hear enough of my voice between 8am and 5pm as it is! if you want something announced before that, just come and see me.
A 4:55pm closing reminder announcement that "tonight's events include such and such at ??pm in the location given" would be nice so we at least have it fresh in our minds. I always forget what is friday and what is saturday not to mention what day it is in general
Aug 31, 2015, 07:03 PM
No ! Your other left !
Lobstah Al, will be onsite Monday this year.

Anyone whom I have regularly given lobsters to may be getting a lobster roll this year unless you to are there by Tues, Wed if they are surviving ok.
If I haven't given you a lobster in the past, and you are on site, $Bribery goes a long way !
Sep 03, 2015, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
A 4:55pm closing reminder announcement that "tonight's events include such and such at ??pm in the location given" would be nice so we at least have it fresh in our minds. I always forget what is friday and what is saturday not to mention what day it is in general
I understand Tom, makes sense...

The closing reminder would help...
Sep 03, 2015, 10:32 AM
Cool beans!
Thread OP

Radian racing update

Hey guys,

Just FYI I updated my original post to indicate that the UMX Radian Fun Fly will start at 2pm on Wednesday in front of our Big Top. We'll have pylons set up for racing, with four pilots per heat. We'll have colored tape at the tent so you can mark your planes accordingly (and allow the judges to keep track of things). Should be a blast!

After the pylon race we'll have a Climb and Glide contest, which will culminate with a spot landing. Prizes will be the admiration of your fellow pilots (and maybe a cold beverage ).

Please stop by around 1:45 to sign up - we'll see you on Wednesday!!!

Rob
Sep 03, 2015, 10:39 AM
AMA 1242
Quote:
Hey guys,

Just FYI I updated my original post to indicate that the UMX Radian Fun Fly will start at 2pm on Wednesday in front of our Big Top. We'll have pylons set up for racing, with four pilots per heat. We'll have colored tape at the tent so you can mark your planes accordingly (and allow the judges to keep track of things). Should be a blast!

After the pylon race we'll have a Climb and Glide contest, which will culminate with a spot landing. Prizes will be the admiration of your fellow pilots (and maybe a cold beverage ).

Please stop by around 1:45 to sign up - we'll see you on Wednesday!!!

Rob
Sounds like a plan Harold

Quick Reply