Dec 20, 2010, 09:46 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
No I got the plug & play from Grayson Hobby with no battery. I'm using a 2200mAh 3-cell 20C pack though. I've got some "Blue Lipo" brand, and some Turnigy. This was a fairly new Turnigy pack I had in it today, and it died at about 8 1/2 minutes, but I was flying with more power than normal, doing big loops and rolls, and stuff like that... I noticed when I put the pack on the charger later one cell was low, 2.8 something volts, the other two were over 3. Maybe I just have a bad cell in this pack! I've only got about 3 flights on it, but haven't noticed it before. On the well used Blue Lipos I've flown 13 minutes and still had power left.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
They have new photos up and it looks different than the main page photo.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-8931-...n-rtf-24g.html
Dec 22, 2010, 04:28 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Cool a new color scheme.........NICE FIND!
Dec 22, 2010, 07:10 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead
Keith,
This is THE definitive Skybus video! Touch and goes? TOUCH AND GOES...ON TURF?! You rascal, you! Great piloting man...This really shows off the nice flying characteristics of the plane. How the heck did you get that nice short grass, do you have sheep maintaining your landing strip? Loved the production values of the vid, too. Onboard cam segments were a nice touch. I'd like to know what cam you're using for that. Nice intro, edit, everything. Great, great, great. Hats off, to you.
Burt
Indeed! One of the few vids I watched all of. I loved watching that tail come up before the plane even moves. The slow-mo makes the flying look very scale. I was waiting to see a classic DC3 "one wheel rollout" landing. Maybe next time eh?
Dec 22, 2010, 10:55 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
They have new photos up and it looks different than the main page photo.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-8931-...n-rtf-24g.html
Now that looks more like the Skybus we all know and love... I guess the first picture was just one that ripped off and used until the actual photos came in!

Thanks for the comments on the video! I love making them, and learn new stuff about editing each time. The Skybus handles the grass ok, but it would be a lot more fun if I had a paved runway... The last time I flew it I knocked the right landing gear loose. I still need to mix up some more epoxy and glue it back in. I wish I had some softer wheels on it to soak up some of the abuse. I think the gear is too solid for it's own good really!
Dec 22, 2010, 11:05 PM
Grounded Pilot
Have to Make room in my hangar Just ordered mine from Grayson..Waiting for it to get here then I have to wait for the darn snow to melt...
Dec 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
The new version looks pretty good. I wonder how it will fly compared to the original version, now that it comes with more scale looking 3-blade props.
Dec 23, 2010, 07:23 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIBonesAirForce
Have to Make room in my hangar Just ordered mine from Grayson..Waiting for it to get here then I have to wait for the darn snow to melt...
IIIBonesAirForce & kydawg1, , welcome to the discussion! IIIB-A-F, while you're waiting for June thaw in Minnesota, take the time to run through this thread to learn about the foibles of the Skybus before you do the build. My personal favorite mod is the steerable tailwheel. It doesn't do a thing to help takeoff since the tail comes up after a couple of feet of roll, but it will save you a bunch of walking for taxi-out to and back from the runway.

The guys in here are about the most helpful, agreeable bunch I've seen in a group like this, with the experts happily tolerating the noobs, (like me). There's genuine concern to see guys succeed with and be happy with this plane, and the successes are always well-celebrated!

So, like it says on the box, wishing you "More Relaxed Experience Happy Flight." (And an early Spring).

Burt
Dec 23, 2010, 11:00 PM
hey Keith the shocks i put om my landing gear worked great until, i stalled out with a tall wind and came down hard and bent all four steal rods in the shocks so now i am back to the stock ones, but the shocks i used were two inch rc car shocks so it will give you more height for landing under power and a lot softer landing
Dec 23, 2010, 11:52 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
I might have to look into that... I see Grayson has the landing gear, I may pick up a set and see if I can make some like yours!
Dec 24, 2010, 11:17 AM
Grounded Pilot
Thanks Burt...I will for sure heed the meaning of all the messages and learn from what others like you and the other gangstas on her have been through...Thanks for the kind words...I am sure to share my experience as well, building and modding things on it (The DC 3) here and there..
Dec 24, 2010, 03:07 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Merry Christmas

.............Name: DC-3 bow.jpg
Views: 103
Size: 68.6 KB
Description:

and a Happy New Year!
Dec 25, 2010, 12:05 AM
-=BS=-
Hi all,
I got to page 25 of this thread and before I decide if this airframe is for me, I have a question:

Are the wings removable for transport to the field?

Thanks
Dec 25, 2010, 12:38 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
The wings are removable. Just a Nylon bolt and off it comes. Due to the ailerons, dual motors and dual speed controllers, there will be some wiring to unplug and plug each time you remove the wing.

Keep'm flying

Cub
Dec 25, 2010, 01:13 PM
anyone have a idea on making motor cowling instead of buying new ones

Quick Reply