Apr 29, 2012, 01:35 AM
I'll be watching you ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959
If I use GPS do I have to also have the compass engaged? I want gps mainly to hold a position so I can use yaw to aim the camera.
Hi Randall, thats a real good question. The GPS manual told nothing more that, only the mag have to work in a good way. I think Position hold, Altitude hold and Heading hold are necessary to clamp the copter it in the sky, but it should be able to disengage altitude hold, because it doesnt touch the x or y axis for position hold.
For the case to use yaw for the camera i dont think that the heading lock has to be engage in GPS position hold. If you check on all sensors in the gui (mag, baro, ultra and GPS) the controller got all necessary information from the sensors to do the position hold well. The heading hold should only be comfort for you and the controller knows the heading everytime due to you checked it up in the gui and only damping the yaw.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2012, 01:42 AM
penichard78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang
you have set both "go home" + "auto landing" on H only... has yet to set "go home" on M

cmPang

p.s. don't engauge GPS once power up and armed.. GPS takes time to lock on more satellites and gain accuracy... someone has advice take the first 5 minute for normal flight before GPS... nevertheless, the GPS module has its own battery and so it will take much shorter in the subsequent flights...

hi cmpang and thanks for reply
i agree with you but i test before go home only and it works so i decide to test GH and autolanding and it works also!!!!
it was my actual test but i agree , next to me go home on CH6 M and autolanding on CH6 H and nothong on CH6 L (si i can desangage gps if bug!!)
i will join in later post my config for turnigy er9x (mods)
sure it could help some people
Apr 29, 2012, 03:23 AM
i will join in later post my config for turnigy er9x (mods)
sure it could help some people

Will look forward to it penichard78...
Apr 29, 2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959
If I use GPS do I have to also have the compass engaged? I want gps mainly to hold a position so I can use yaw to aim the camera.
yes you have to check the "magnetic" sensor box in the GUI in order for the GPS to work properly. Whether you use CF or Heading hold is up to you...

cmPang
Apr 29, 2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
I know that you can look at the LED's to see connection & how many satellites.
Does anyone know how to use the LED's to determine number of satellites received? Im guessing it's by a magic combination of stick positions on power up? Been looking for answer, can't find it (yet).
Apr 29, 2012, 04:29 AM
Propellerhead
My new hardware setup: GPS arrived and turned motors 180° (GLB F450 AirFrame Kit with some home made additional parts) see pic attached.

GPS workes fine for me: I use home + hold. In the moment both are combined with auto level. It looks like under very windy conditions GPS hold/home + auto level "fight against each other". So I will change my setting to home without leveling.
Apr 29, 2012, 04:36 AM
Propellerhead
My new setup: GPS arrived + turned motors 180° (Rabbit in a GLB F450 AirFrame Kit with additional home made parts).

GPS workes fine. I use hold + home ... in the moment combined with auto leveling. This I will change to: home switch without leveling (to me it looks like under very windy conditions "GPS hold/home fights against auto leveling")

~~~

latest rabbit aero pic: http://twitpic.com/9f4z13 (more coming soon)
(my 1st rabbit aero pic at twitpic: http://twitpic.com/9egt2u)
Last edited by leowie; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: 2 aero pics linked
Apr 29, 2012, 05:04 AM
I'll be watching you ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpilot
Does anyone know how to use the LED's to determine number of satellites received? Im guessing it's by a magic combination of stick positions on power up? Been looking for answer, can't find it (yet).
It's part of GPS manual:
When the flight controller have checked that GPS received 6 satellites and got location , it will have a sound of "Beep-" , and the GPS self-checking pass . If other equipments self-checking is completed,the FC will be in the state of breathing lights. At this time, operate the rudder to the left, you can switch LED display modes , switch the display between breathing lights and satellite numbers . The satellite number searched is bright light number plus 5, it shows 13 satellites at most. Generally there is less GPS satellites number when it just power on,and the location is also not so accurate, flight controller will move in a wide range , but the se will be greatly improved wait ing for a while .
Last edited by Airpac; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Apr 29, 2012, 05:10 AM
I'll be watching you ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leowie
My new hardware setup: GPS arrived and turned motors 180° (GLB F450 AirFrame Kit with some home made additional parts) see pic attached.

GPS workes fine for me: I use home + hold. In the moment both are combined with auto level. It looks like under very windy conditions GPS hold/home + auto level "fight against each other". So I will change my setting to home without leveling.
This listens to an interesting flight ... please dont test it with my copter ...
Apr 29, 2012, 05:26 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpilot
put the rubber to left ,then you can find how many did the led light turn on ,

the led numbers+5 that is the satellites number which you received!
Apr 29, 2012, 05:39 AM
Propellerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpac
This listens to an interesting flight ... please dont test it with my copter ...
... no danger - they had no knifes, guns or bombs!

My impression was: GPS wants to hold position every some seconds. In the meantime auto leveling does its job, then again GPS and so on ... and when the wind is strong it is possible that the copter drifts away I think.

Specially "home" for me is something like escape or eject , so I have a try with leveling toggled off when home is switched on. So I can test both variants: home without leveling, hold with leveling. Maybe this will be the final solution (for me).
If not I will put leveling on an extra switch.
Last edited by leowie; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
Apr 29, 2012, 06:02 AM
Advanced Monkey
Quote:
... no danger - they had no knifes, guns or bombs!

My impression was: GPS wants to hold position every some seconds. In the meantime auto leveling does its job, then again GPS and so on ... and when the wind is strong it is possible that the copter drifts away I think.

Specially "home" for me is something like escape or eject , so I have a try with leveling toggled off when home is switched on. So I can test both variants: home without leveling, hold with leveling. Maybe this will be the final solution (for me).
If not I will put leveling on an extra switch.
Not good But I like the way you explain "Specially "home" for me is something like escape or eject"

Good luck
Apr 29, 2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
.....to me it looks like under very windy conditions "GPS hold/home fights against auto leveling".............

[/url])
Hi,

can you tell us more on how the GPS hold/home fights against auto levelling..? there is some similiar discussions on the Chinese forums and we like to know more...

cmPang
Apr 29, 2012, 06:26 AM
Propellerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
Not good But I like the way you explain "Specially "home" for me is something like escape or eject"

Good luck
Thx + sorry for my funny english!

For me this is no "not good" : the wind was strong, till 10 meters everything perfect holded + leveled, then up above trees or buildings directly into the jet stream ( ) ... I think like I wrote above is it's the only way how Rabbit can handle this situation.
And thx to the software we can toggle on off and/or switch or not. That's great.
Apr 29, 2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang
the Rabbit engineer said they are for signal monitoring and program flashing during the development phases...

cmPang
that's too bad for us, no telemetry

Thanks CmPang

Sakis

Quick Reply