Aug 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
Idk if its the prop but ill check. It was running just fine before I lost the prop band that came wit the motor. EDIT- just checked, its balanced perfectly. When I get some prop bands ill check again, the hub is scraped quite a bit from spinning on the motor. I need to use thicker band. Right now its vibrating so bad I can see the whole airframe vibrating in a hover.
Hmm, if it's not the prop then i'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
yea... very similar horns too, and one nice long one.
cdee
Good to know maybe i'll get a couple.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
Suspended Account
Are they the same size as the HS65mg? Have you torque tested them for blowback?
Aug 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Maybe you can make a small video of it, so someone can help you out RC.
Aug 16, 2012, 03:52 PM
3D for Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
New Twisted Hobbys' Servos.....
these have been out for a little bit, but just got my first ones for an upcoming project. They look really nice and solid.
cdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
They have about the same specs as Hitec 65mg. I wonder how similar they really are. They could save me a bit of cash on my next small build.
I have them in my new 48" SBach and so far, I like them. Strong and fast.

The obvious advantage over the Hitec 65MG is that these are digital - i.e. consistent torque across the servo's range of motion.

JC
Aug 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
Team Twisted!
For all that have been waiting for their Twisted Hobbys / Telink 48" Extra 330 SC... the wait is over!
The official build and discussion thread will be....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1713320

and I will be your host!! Enjoy!!....
cdee
Aug 16, 2012, 07:38 PM
Servos are in the first box to arrive for my next build! The plane itself should be here tomorrow!

Aug 16, 2012, 08:40 PM
3d addict
Finally was able to do some respectable rolling harriers tonight. What a rush when you finally get the timing down. So awesome. Did a few right down the runway tonight. Not real low get but was able to do them in a straight line. No video though. my father was too busy bouncing his Pitts off the ground lol.
Aug 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien
What a rush when you finally get the timing down.
I haven't yet...lol
Aug 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
3d addict
I had been kinda faking it using only the rudder and I finally said I am going to figure this out. And between last night and tonight I went crazy and just kept working at it till I finally got it. Keep at it youll get it. I never thought I would.
Aug 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
Up, down, left, right, up, down, left, right....
Practice, practice and more practice!
Aug 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
Isn't it up,right,down,left,up,right,down,left or up,left,down,right,up,left,down,right?
Aug 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
Bwahaahaha I love my CY. Full throttle into a tree and a tiny rip in the wing got the CG issue fixed, the batt. hole is now 2 inches behind the motor lol. Its bc I used hot glue to hold the joints together while the welders dried and I never took the hot glue off haha. This thing flies so awesome, its a pain retrimming every other pack because of heat expansion though. Oh yea and I fixed the vibration. The prop hub has worn off a bit because I used too flexible rubberbands, and it was misaligned on the hub. Not like the prop was at an angle, it would be like if the prop is level with the vertical part of the fuse and it was tilted towards the right or left. Does that make sense?
Aug 17, 2012, 12:15 PM
3d addict
No it's up up down down left right left right b a b a select start right?
Aug 17, 2012, 12:15 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
Full throttle into a tree and a tiny rip in the wing
Sweet.... that whole "cut the throttle before a crash" thing is way overrated... LMAO!
Aug 17, 2012, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Yeah ikr because the plane is barely gonna lose speed

Quick Reply