Nov 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1
Need to get back to stock radio, or am I stuck with this software?
You can get the stock firmware from FDR's page if you are not registered on Walkera's site.
http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php#devo10
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
Edit: nevermind, you explained over at the other site
Nov 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono
You can get the stock firmware from FDR's page if you are not registered on Walkera's site.
http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php#devo10
Thanks, got them from Walkera. The firmware loaded fine, when I turn on the radio all looks fine. It's when I try to access the menu system that everything is messed up.
Nov 28, 2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Thanks, got them from Walkera. The firmware loaded fine, when I turn on the radio all looks fine. It's when I try to access the menu system that everything is messed up.
It looks like your language is set wrong (or is pointing at missing fonts). Someone with a Devo10 can probably tell you which menu gets you to the language menu so you can change it. Exactly which Devo10 firmware did you use? I can load it on mine and take a look.
Nov 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue
It looks like your language is set wrong (or is pointing at missing fonts). Someone with a Devo10 can probably tell you which menu gets you to the language menu so you can change it. Exactly which Devo10 firmware did you use? I can load it on mine and take a look.
0.6 100mw version firmware and 0.2 library
Last edited by Muskoka1; Nov 28, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Nov 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
0.6 100mw version firmware and 0.2 library
I just tried it.
I get virtually the same thing you get if I upgrade the firmware and not the library. Once I upgrade the library, it shows in English.

But here are the steps through the menu to get to the language page:
you get to the language menu via
3rd menu item on main menu
1st menu item on 2nd menu
1st item on 3rd page.

I would re-extract the zip file (or re-download) and try it again.
Nov 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
I just tried it.
I get virtually the same thing you get if I upgrade the firmware and not the library. Once I upgrade the library, it shows in English.

But here are the steps through the menu to get to the language page:
you get to the language menu via
3rd menu item on main menu
1st menu item on 2nd menu
1st item on 3rd page.

I would re-extract the zip file (or re-download) and try it again.
Just put stock firmware and library back on. Found my way through the menus and I can see them in plain English. I chose French and it switched but it was not French, it was a mess. I then switched back to English and it's still a mess. Will try re-download and see what happens.

Here's a screen shot of the tool trying to upgrade the library, everything looks ok?

Name: dfu.JPG
Views: 137
Size: 71.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by Muskoka1; Nov 28, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Nov 28, 2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, got it to work. I downloaded from FDR's site instead of Walkera and it works....yahooooo. Thanks for the help. I downloaded twice from Walkera so the file may be bad, just a heads up.

Glen
Nov 29, 2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
The GUI is a lot of work. Ask suvsuv how much effort it took to get it working with the Devo10. The Devo7 would also be very hard. the Devo7 has a rally limited MCU that will make getting the code into the memory footprint extremely challenging. It just isn't worth the effort for me.
I spent about 1 month, working fulltime, to finish an alpha version for devo10.
Of couse, most of the time were spent on rewriting GUI widgets specifically for devo10’s text-based LCD, and figuring out a good way to make use of existing devo8's call-back logic codes as more as possible.
So you should be able to save some time as you don't need to do all above things from scratch. However, I don't believe you could do it full-time, and it should be even harder if you want to put GUI curves in devo7's LCD. So you might take much longer time than me to port the deviation to devo7.
And I agree with PB, replacing devo7's LCD and MCU is a much better idea.
Nov 29, 2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suvsuv
I spent about 1 month, working fulltime, to finish an alpha version for devo10.
Thank you for all your time and effort and dedication to the project.
At the moment I only have Devo 6, but hope to soon make the 10 my final radio purchase (famous last words).
Nov 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
OK, OK, you convinced me. I'm not gonna try, I don't have full time month. I did not plan to move all the graphically intensive stuff, though. Model editing on Devo 7 as far as I can tell (mind you - mine is defective, the only way to turn it off is to plug off the battery with all settings lost) is anyway, ahem, confusing. To be able to upload models would suffice for me (and, I suspect, many unhappy owners of this piece of engineering). Just store several models with different protocols and settings would be more than enough for me - mechanically it is much better than everything else I have, and as I am a beginner I can't justify spending enormous money for marginally better (for me personally) TX.
Nov 29, 2012, 12:17 PM
Is the devo 7 mcu pin compatible with others in the range?
Guess thats all ready been thought of..
Nov 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
FYI, the effort to have it work without any GUI at all is much lower. The main issue is that you need to rip out the USB code and replace it with some sort of serial interface to the filesystem.
I'm just not sure anyone is interested in using a Devo7 which has to be configured via PC. Maybe it'd be reasonable if we ported the emulator to a smartphone and you could somehow upload/download from there. But to me it doesn't sound like fun.
I think that a total conversion, even if it takes a couple hours, $40, and requires a little soldering is a much more interesting prospect for the Devo7, and it opens up options for the WK2x0x transmitters as well.
Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
...muy bien...
Quote:
did you check it? I would be very surprised if they did that. I think it would cost more than using an smt part in this case, unless they have very high volume.
Will probably give that a try.

Just for scientific purpose
Nov 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSack
Is the devo 7 mcu pin compatible with others in the range?
Guess thats all ready been thought of..
Sort of. It is an LQFP48 package. You could get a STM32F103CB that is pin compatible. That would provide USB as well as 128kB of ROM and 20kB of RAM, basically making the Devo7 as capable as a Devo7e (though I'm not sure if the USB pins are actually available to be used).
However, it is not realistic for most people to remove and replace a large SMT part in the middle of a circuit board. And even if you did, you're still left with a crappy screen.

Quick Reply