Aug 29, 2011, 02:07 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
lots of casual stupid fun going on at this event. Even though it was small, it might be the best event I attended this year. Lot's of really close buds and just a great crowd of folks. It is a bit late and I am trying to catch up on RCG posts at the moment, but posted a rundown in the ATTF thread. I think CK is hooked for life now. Ultra relaxing event with great folks dodging natural disasters (Earthquakes and Hurricanes). Just a bit of wind and shaking ground.

Thanks to everyone there and all those that made it happen. Too many to mention tonight, but have to put out a special thanks to Tony for working so hard in the Kitchen to feed us all some great grub. And CK for making the long journey and also spending way too much time in the kitchen. Can we go back and do it again now... Sad it is over, but wow, great time!

Diggs

OH, and many pics from Larry should be arriving here soon!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2011, 11:11 AM
Grampa Tony
Next year I think I'll take another day off so we can stay for Sunday.

Diggs - thanks for helping me sidestep Tim's feeble attempt to keep me from the peppers.
Larry - thanks for being on the bottom.
Tony - where's the Cub?
CK - I nominate you for Best in Show for both speed and cooking.
Blake - I completely resisted the urge to monopolize your time with my 500 - next year you might not be so lucky.
Kevin - thanks for letting me solo on the tricopter. Sorry I wasn't there on Sunday to help with the radio programming. I hope someone was able to help you.
Ric - sorry about the plate of food. It's always nice to make a good first impression.

Thanks to the guys that helped me with the Mustang - first ever grass strip landing that didn't result in a nose-over.

I know I'm leaving out a bunch of people. For that I am very sorry. I should have kept a journal. Let me just say that both Gloria & I had a blast, and we'll be back next year.

And can someone please get PJ a TomTom app for his phone?

Grampa Tony
Aug 29, 2011, 04:18 PM
Left, NO your other left!
Ok, thats it. Next year I'm going. Don't know how but I will find a way.

-Andrew
Aug 29, 2011, 07:28 PM
Torque the wings off of it!
Thanks to everyone who came in for the event! Special thanks go out to CK for putting in some serious efforts at the Heli Deli on Friday night. He probably still smells like smoke The steaks were fabulous! I also have to thank CK for giving up his RiteWing. Made my day to see Nat flying it by himself t'day. I had a great time watching all of you fly. can't wait to see you all next time.

The First Lady
Aug 29, 2011, 10:09 PM
As promised, Mr. Larry sent the photos today. Here is the first batch. Starting with Monday night and through Wednesday.

Diggs
Aug 29, 2011, 10:36 PM
Round 2 and the event starts today, Thursday.

Diggs
Aug 29, 2011, 11:11 PM
We survived the storm, jars and long fun night to start all over again on Friday.
Aug 30, 2011, 06:56 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Thanks for the pics, Larry & Diggs!

It was a great weekend, even with the wind. Loads of flying, as well as the opportunity to socialize with great friends, old and new. Thanks to everyone who came and hung out with us; we hop it won't be your last trip to RAMS!

Tim
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Aug 30, 2011, 09:01 AM
ChangeBegins AtTheDinnerTable
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Thanks for the pics, Larry & Diggs!

It was a great weekend, even with the wind. Loads of flying, as well as the opportunity to socialize with great friends, old and new. Thanks to everyone who came and hung out with us; we hop it won't be your last trip to RAMS!

Tim
It was well worth the trip

Unfortunately I had to leave early , but I had a blast .... If I only attend 1 event a year it will most definitely be this one ! Great people , great site , great food , GREAT event .....My hats off to the RAMS crew ...Now i need to figure out how to get a mule in JCAC's budget ........ Thanks for a BIG time
Aug 30, 2011, 03:30 PM
Who owns the yellow/red/green/blue plane? I think it is a night flyer. If it is the same one that I saw at SEFF this year. I don't think I ever asked.
-Andrew
Aug 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathervane
Who owns the yellow/red/green/blue plane? I think it is a night flyer. If it is the same one that I saw at SEFF this year. I don't think I ever asked.
-Andrew
It's the same one that was at SEFF.
Aug 31, 2011, 05:20 AM

Cool

Ok cool. But who does it belong to?
-Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytail Flyer
It's the same one that was at SEFF.
Aug 31, 2011, 02:06 PM
Chillin till SEFF