Mar 30, 2011, 09:51 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel
Ca glue and heat shrink tube can be used to repair broken skids.
Thanks! I have been flying it really well lately and I just got my Mini Wolf in the mail yesterday too. I am hoping the practice I get from these will really improve my skills for flying everything. It sure seems like that is the case anyway.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2011, 08:09 AM
Glassman
I just got the Cusker RC mod. Hope to have enough time this weekend to install it.

Will let you know how it works out.

For hose of you who may not be familiar with it, it is a collar that goes around the top swashplate, and extends the ball links out either 16 or 19 mm (I got the 19mm one). It is supposed to make the heli much more responsive.

Here is the website: http://www.cuskerrc.com/apps/webstor...ts/show/552046

Terry
Mar 31, 2011, 10:45 AM
That mod does look interesting. Yes please let us know how it works for you. Am I right to assume that the original swash plate doesn't need to be removed?

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE
I just got the Cusker RC mod. Hope to have enough time this weekend to install it.

Will let you know how it works out.

For hose of you who may not be familiar with it, it is a collar that goes around the top swashplate, and extends the ball links out either 16 or 19 mm (I got the 19mm one). It is supposed to make the heli much more responsive.

Here is the website: http://www.cuskerrc.com/apps/webstor...ts/show/552046

Terry
Mar 31, 2011, 11:41 AM
Glassman
Ed;

The swash sorta needs to be replaced...
I have attached a copy of the instructions, so you can see what is involved.

This only helps the fwd / back flight.

Also, a question: Does the MCX2 swashplate separate like the MCX does, or can I skip that step in the instructions??

Thanks
Terry

Mar 31, 2011, 11:52 AM
I see that there is more work to install this mod than I figured on.

To be honest, I have only owned my mCX2 for only a couple of weeks, and I've never owned an mCX so can't tell you how the swash is assembled, but I'm looking at my owner's manual, and on page 21 there is an "exploded view" of the heli. That should give you an idea to answer your question.

Ed

Quote:
Ed;

The swash sorta needs to be replaced...
I have attached a copy of the instructions, so you can see what is involved.

This only helps the fwd / back flight.

Also, a question: Does the MCX2 swashplate separate like the MCX does, or can I skip that step in the instructions??

Thanks
Terry

Mar 31, 2011, 12:01 PM
Glassman
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3

To be honest, I have only owned my mCX2 for only a couple of weeks, and I've never owned an mCX so can't tell you how the swash is assembled, but I'm looking at my owner's manual, and on page 21 there is an "exploded view" of the heli. That should give you an idea to answer your question.

Ed

Ed;

There is more to it than I thought as well
I am still going to try it. At worst I will buy a replacement OEM swashplate.

Anyone else know about the swash separability of the MCX2?
Mar 31, 2011, 03:52 PM
Rather Be flying or Tinkering
Quote:
Ed;
Anyone else know about the swash separability of the MCX2?
Yes, The MCX2 swash Plate will seperate just like the MSR.

One of the first things you should check if you have unstable flight issue.
It can work itself apart over time or during a crash and will cause very unstable flight.
You can use your fingers or a Pair of needle nose pliers to gently press it back together and it will be fine.
Mar 31, 2011, 04:45 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3

Ed

Yeah, I hate to be unkind, but for the price of a new swash, the last thing I expect to have to do is break out the superglue, and start scavenging parts of my existing swash. Instead, I expect something like:

Quote:
1. Remove the three ball links.

2. Slide new swash onto main shaft. Replace links.

3. Enjoy your more precise control.
Mar 31, 2011, 06:45 PM
If you use his pen spring mod you don't need to install any of the anti rotation bracket extensions. I order one a couple days ago and can't wait to check it out. The reputation of this mod makes it seem well worth the effort.

He mentions it here.
http://www.cuskerrc.com/apps/forums/...79-eflite-mcx2
and
http://www.cuskerrc.com/apps/forums/...pen-spring-mod
Picture here.
http://www.cuskerrc.com/apps/photos/...otoid=61903366
Apr 01, 2011, 07:41 AM
Glassman
new;
thanks a lot - great links
Terry
Apr 01, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
new;
thanks a lot - great links
Terry
Anytime!

The swash plate mod plus the carbon fiber tail boom should give just the right zip for my tiny house.

I installed the tail boom last week and at first I wasn't happy with the vibration it caused in not just the tail but it made the whole heli super jittery. Saw a mention in a youtube comment that it needs to be pushed all the way in and make contact with the shaft housing. Makes sense as this makes the tail the same length as the full body. I had to give a pretty firm push with some pliers, it goes in about 5/8 of an inch. Not sure if this is common knowledge in this thread but it wasn't at all obvious to a newbie.
Apr 15, 2011, 02:27 PM

Quiet

I guess everybody has gotten their MCX2's flying great and no problems 'cause this thread has been extremely quiet.

A good testament to how good the little chopper is to fly.

Frank "WOOF" Beagle
Challenger Dealer CHII N797FB
http://frankbeagle.blogspot.com
frankbeagle at hotmail.com
ph# 708-269-8057
Apr 15, 2011, 02:40 PM
I hate waiting for parts
I've been wanting to get one to fly inside but I'm afraid it's not that much more maneuverable than the MCX. Is that the case? I'm not expecting a rocket ship across the room, but I didn't like having to "force" the mCX and mSR into any sort of forward flight.
Apr 15, 2011, 02:49 PM
The MSR is the most maneuverable and quickest of them all. If you didn't like the msr than forget the mcx2. It is basically an in-between of the original mcx and the msr.
Apr 15, 2011, 02:49 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
I've been wanting to get one to fly inside but I'm afraid it's not that much more maneuverable than the MCX. Is that the case? I'm not expecting a rocket ship across the room, but I didn't like having to "force" the mCX and mSR into any sort of forward flight.
You want fast ??
get one of these ... that's a #realchallenge !!!

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=7557
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...

Quick Reply