Nov 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Worlds in France....DO I Have A Chance?

well im pretty sure that i will be going. now i know i dont have a chance in hell to even place near 10th. but can i particapate even though i have no racing record in the USA? and would you guys that are going,(stubby, mp,etc.) can i hook up with you while there because i will be alone? do they have qualifying rounds? then i guess if i qualify then i can race right?...you must understand that 5th bikes have taken over my life and it is all i care about...i have references if needed, im a really laid back guy and know when to keep my mouth shut.even if i cant race i still will be going regardless.i have been to europe twice in the past few years with work so i know whats up with traveling over seas...mike
Last edited by dragbikebam; Nov 10, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2009, 06:48 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
No reason not to go,qualifying is only to sort out grid placings so basically everyone qualifies to race.
Racing's a whole different world from bashing and much more fun,makes you more disciplined in your driving when you need to stay on the black stuff.
Just drive at your own pace rather than rushing and making mistakes,you'll end up with better lap times usually.

Go for it.

Allan
Nov 10, 2009, 06:49 PM
It's not like an IFMAR Worlds, so there are no block qualifiers, since there are no blocks affiliated. So anyone is welcome to participate.

I plan on going also, so that should make five Americans -- and we should all stick together, I say!

Lito
Nov 10, 2009, 08:05 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Even I am thinking of driving all the way from Greece... It's not that far, anyway, after a ferry crossing to Ancona it's a lazy 780-800 km's. I am even considering to ride my BMW R1100GS instead of taking the car... I have been in that beautiful area of France, again, in the summer of 2000, doing an epic (for me!) ride with friends, starting from Italy all the way to the French Alps (Alpes Maritimes), down to Provence and Cote d' Azur...

I consider I can pack the rc bike, transmitter, essential tools, a few spare parts, and 3-6 batteries and a charger/power supply to one of my bike's side cases easily...

On the other hand, in case a friend or family wants to join me, then it will be by car... In any case, driving a car on those long boring autostadas is a lot more relaxing than riding a bike. A bike is better enjoyed to alpine passes and small roads...

Either way, it's been talked with "The Boss" (aka Mrs Wife) and at first she agrees... We will see if we can afford it in the next few months...

Bottom line, and to stay on the real sense of the topic, I am also a "Sunday basher", mostly on my local rc tracks, but never really raced consistently against the clock or other bikes... And my weapon of choice will be my old trusty TT FM1e with a stock motor on lipo's, not sure if it will be brushed or brushless, but I'm looking for last place in stock category anyway! I intend to drive exactly as Allan said!

But most of all it will be fun - judging by reviews of previous worlds meetings, and of course to hang around with people we have talked in the forums for so much time!
Nov 10, 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam
well im pretty sure that i will be going. now i know i dont have a chance in hell to even place near 10th. but can i particapate even though i have no racing record in the USA? and would you guys that are going,(stubby, mp,etc.) can i hook up with you while there because i will be alone? do they have qualifying rounds? then i guess if i qualify then i can race right?...you must understand that 5th bikes have taken over my life and it is all i care about...i have references if needed, im a really laid back guy and know when to keep my mouth shut.even if i cant race i still will be going regardless.i have been to europe twice in the past few years with work so i know whats up with traveling over seas...mike
Dude, dont worry about any of that stuff!!!!
If you get you arse there... You will not regret it... You will see RC Moto as it should be seen...

Now placing near 10th is a lofty goal... As far as the racing goes, As Graham Clarke says and I quote " Your first time at the Worlds can be a Traumatic experience" But the most fun I have ever had with an RC-Moto.

I thought I was a decent driver but I placed 52nd out of 63... But who cares about that, I got to drive on a real track with hundreds of other RC Moto guys!!!

I was just glad to be there! And all the other guys make you feel like family, truly like a long lost brother!

And of course everyone pits with their Countrymen, But that doesn't really matter cause everyone is super friendly and will go out of the way to help with just about anything you may need.

Man we should start to think about getting team shirts.

Dang Mike you guys just stoked my fire....

I freakin can't wait!!!!
Nov 10, 2009, 08:30 PM
there's no pre-qualification required for bike the worlds. just register, pay the registration fee, and you're in.

the skill level in the superbike class is pretty intense across the board but in stockbike it's pretty spread out - there are some ultra fast guys towards the top of the sheets but near the bottom there are guys who seem like they had just recently unpacked their RTR bike.

everyone has a great time though regardless of where they end up in the standings.
Nov 10, 2009, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
this is wonderfull news and i dont expect to do well i just want to be a part of it and hang with others with my affliction...LOL...awesome, im going to start brushing up on my french too just to feel a little more confident...mike
Last edited by dragbikebam; Nov 11, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
Nov 10, 2009, 10:17 PM
Thread OP
oh yeah im guessing i will just try stock class..what are the esc/motor rules ie:can i use a brushless how many turns if not? im fairly ignorant on the bike rules and want to start dreaming about my new build asap.is it like cars where you have to use a 27 turn on 2c lipo or 6cell ..im really pumped...mike
Nov 11, 2009, 12:34 AM
stock class uses 13.5T brushless, 7.4v nominal battery voltage (2s lipo or 6 cell nimh), 1800g min weight, no front brakes allowed.

wheelbase: 280mm to 320mm

there's also a min bike height rule (including the rider) which i don't remember exactly. i think it's 250mm.

these are the only rules i can remember off the top of my head. they used to be posted in the Leipzig Worlds site but since the event has passed the site no longer exists.
Nov 11, 2009, 03:32 AM
Yes torrance,

you are right, the minimum height is 250mm.
I have attached the rules of the 2009 Worlds as a word document, it should help.
The only change so far is, the minimum weight in the Stock Class is reduced to 1800gramms. There are also wheels allowed as crashbars, but the diameter is limited. All the rules are very easy. Wait till the 2010 official Homepage is online.
There you will get all informations.
Nov 11, 2009, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
can i use this in the stock class...this is the only "water proof " esc i can find.I just want to be prepaired for whatever happens..thanks for info guys, mike http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.ph...n&ItemID=24734
Nov 11, 2009, 09:08 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
The ESC is indeed waterproof, but the motor is not stock. You need a motor that qualifies for the category...
There's also the newer G2 from Mtroniks, also waterproof...
Nov 11, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
if thats the case, can i run in both classes? i would like to bring a stock bike and a superbike bike.that way i could race if it rains and or try my hand at both.i already am going to purchase this unit i posted so im stuck with it and would like to use it.
Nov 11, 2009, 11:17 AM
you wont the G2 it alot better, Colin been develping over the past season and it the one to have, think formbys have them.

for stock the GM motor and speedo combo is the flavor of the month, i use the losi ESC and novak sinterd motor with either a 12.3mm or 13mm stack inside
Nov 11, 2009, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69
you wont the G2 it alot better, Colin been develping over the past season and it the one to have, think formbys have them.

for stock the GM motor and speedo combo is the flavor of the month, i use the losi ESC and novak sinterd motor with either a 12.3mm or 13mm stack inside
the G2 is for 8th scale though isnt it?..wait i see there is a diff model for 5th bikes..ok

Quick Reply