Jan 04, 2012, 06:13 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

esc/motor wires etc etc

Hi folks I tried this in the EDF forum...not one response from them,

So I thought i would ask here......its reall about which wires to extend..
I am relatively new to DF stuff and have a question or two.

The motor/DF unit is at the back of the aeroplane, as is the receiver etc (2,4). The plans show the ESC right up front with the battery with long extensions to the 3 x motor cables. and short ones from the ESC/Battery. I imagine this was done to reduce interference with the older 35mHz sets?

Is this the best way to do it?....or can I just extend the two power wires to the front and have everything else at the back, including the ESC?

Any advice would be great......I also plan using a separate BEC, taking power from the main Battery, this will mean yet another wire travelling the length of the aeroplane....i.e 3 x motor cables, ESC/Rx wire, and the BEC /Tx

Cheers for now

Ray
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2012, 08:03 AM
Been discussed many times....see Similar Threads below.

In summary, extend motor wires NOT battery to ESC wires. Long battery to ESC wires can damage the ESC unless you add extra components (capacitors) in the wire.

Steve
Jan 04, 2012, 09:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick
Been discussed many times....see Similar Threads below.

In summary, extend motor wires NOT battery to ESC wires. Long battery to ESC wires can damage the ESC unless you add extra components (capacitors) in the wire.

Steve
Thx Steve, looks like the designer of this was right.

Good on ya for replying.

Ray

Quick Reply