See if the attached images do help you.
Thanks MatLi,
how about FCB in both side?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2012, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
There are similar chargers yes. However the specifications are significantly different. It makes sense that these are cheaper as they do not have the same options.
Nov 07, 2012, 10:28 AM
Around when will specktrum version available? Also would the begineer mode still be too fast for indoor (living room) flying?
Nov 07, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger
There are similar chargers yes. However the specifications are significantly different. It makes sense that these are cheaper as they do not have the same options.
how about this? DC output: 5.0V, 1A / 5.0V, 2A / 9.0V, 1A
3500mAh Solar Energy Charger
Nov 07, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman
I'm wondering if you ever made your own batteries?
I have looked around briefly for the 4-pin connector, it's not the jst-xh balance plug I originally suspected from the pics in the manual, seems to be jst-eh. They are obtainable from electronics parts suppliers but not as a handy pre-wired plug like the xh. However, I am investigating the easiest options, even though I don't need more than 3 batteries, I do it for the technical challenge (a man's profession remains ingrained even when his working life is over).
I would though, recommend that unless someone is proficient at making battery packs from unwired cells etc., that they buy the ready made batteries from RC Logger. This is just a safety concern, don't want anyone getting burnt or damaging their quad because I mentioned the possibility of making your own packs.
There is an easier option than using unwired cells, and I might lean in that direction so I can use cells I already have, more on that later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin
can anyone that already owns one verify the weight? 80g seems a little heavy for its size. compared to my Ladybird:
The quad itself is just under 59g.
Battery pack is about 19g.

Quote:
the Eye One looks very solid looking construction.
It's the solid construction and the larger than usual motors that make it seem heavy (on paper). But it's designed to fit the purpose.
Let's be frank, if it were made like the ladybird then it would just be another ladybird clone. This quad is unique amongst brush powered lower cost micros.
Nov 07, 2012, 06:47 PM
well, at the bottom motor end there is a ferrit-ring and a 101 capacitor, just under the plastic legs. first i had to resolder a loose wire, then the motorprotector got bent, the cap broke and made a short so something on the board got toasted...

the blades fly off frequently and also break.. this is a quad you can not smash to often without a damage!
Nov 07, 2012, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
@ heliluk-

Sorry to hear you are out of commission with the EYE One. As far as I am aware there are no micro quads on the market that can be smashed without damage. I have personally accidentally driven mine in from 70 feet and had come off damage free. As for props coming off, I have had this happen a few times after crash, but never during flight. Let me talk about your case with the team, and see if there is Any more info I can give ya.

Regards,

Adam
Nov 07, 2012, 07:44 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
If the props are removed a lot, they will eventually loosen up and come off in flight. One easy way to remedy this is to put a (very) small drop of ca glue on the tip of the motor shaft and install the prop. It will still come off with a little tug due to the smooth surface of the motor shaft.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Nov 08, 2012, 11:15 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit
Thanks MatLi,
how about FCB in both side?
I am currently in Taiwan. Will get you the images by latest Saturday after I am back. Sorry that I did not read the mail correctly the first time around ;(
Nov 08, 2012, 11:24 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliluk
well, at the bottom motor end there is a ferrit-ring and a 101 capacitor, just under the plastic legs. first i had to resolder a loose wire, then the motorprotector got bent, the cap broke and made a short so something on the board got toasted...

the blades fly off frequently and also break.. this is a quad you can not smash to often without a damage!
Hi. Sorry to hear that. Personally I have not had the issue with blades flying off and I do fly that little beast big time. The plastic legs can just be bent back into position. The are designed to act as damper. Guess you must have had some sort of hard landings indoors to actually get them bent. You can get the dampers and props as spare parts. As for the main PCB, very sorry to hear that it got burned because of a soldering issue ...

Maybe we can ship you one as replacement (can't promise but I can talk to our factory - let me try). I will need until next Monday to check for you if you like since I am currently out of the office. Let me know if you want to take up my offer

I suggest - try to fly that baby outdoors first until you feel confident. I sincerely believe that this micro quad is rather robust. I have hammered it real bad in the past but always managed to get it back flying - even after killing motors.

We also offer replacement motors pre-mounted with the damper, so you will not need to solder. The motors are connected via a plug located inside each motor arm boom.
Nov 08, 2012, 08:44 PM
I was just on your website checking out this RC EYE One. $69 for the RC EYE One is a decent price but over $75 to ship it to Canada seems usurious!
You guys really need to get your shipping situation sorted out if you expect to sell any of these online.

Gerard.
Nov 08, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
I was just on your website checking out this RC EYE One. $69 for the RC EYE One is a decent price but over $75 to ship it to Canada seems usurious!
You guys really need to get your shipping situation sorted out if you expect to sell any of these online.

Gerard.
@gwrivest-

I am glad to know you are interested in purchasing our product. I am also happy to inform you we recently have taken on a new partner in Canada Soon you will be able to purchase locally. Please keep an eye out here.

Also I will do my best to inform you once this new partner has EYE One's in stock.

Hope this helps.

Adam
Last edited by Adam.RCLogger; Nov 08, 2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: busted link
Nov 08, 2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
I believe they are trying to find distributors in different countries for this very reason. Have you looked into ordering one from ReadyHeli.com?
I ordered one this week and shipping was only $6.50 within the states. Shoot them an email, I think they ship to Canada.
Nov 08, 2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks Adam, but your link is broken. But yes, please keep me informed. Thanks,

Gerard.
Nov 09, 2012, 04:19 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
Adam or MatLi, do you know when patrickmodelisme.com will get it here in France?
I don't see pre-orders or any information on the product yet.
Thanks!

Quick Reply