Mar 17, 2010, 05:14 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
I have a fantastic crew of Dragon Lab girls since last year.
do they all have "head wings"?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
I love FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
USD99 for a limited number. Hope that's agreeable with you guys. This is just the OSD without GPS or sensors.
Daniel
Is this pretty plug and play, or is there a lot of soldering involved? And - any idea on the costs of the GPS and current sensor?
Mar 17, 2010, 10:22 PM
It should be plug and play. You will need to make your own connectors for the GPS and sensors and so on though. You can get the GPS from a number of places and it works with various models of GPS so I can't really say how much it is - depends on which GPS module you choose. The current sensor is carried by Sparkfun, about USD20.

For more information about how the sensors are hooked up and where to get them and so on:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63
http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62

Note that if you already have some GPS modules lying around, the OSD will probably be able to use it.

Daniel
Mar 18, 2010, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
let's not forget the current sensor is also available from Sparkfun and very easy to modify to work with our OSD. It's the smallest one I have seen so far and you folks might appreciate the very little real estate it takes up in your FPV platform. See the "how to DIY" video I posted on the first post of this thread.

Mike: Not sure what you mean about head wings but they do have wings for they are our little angels.

And for the rest.. sorry.. no Calendars.

John
Mar 18, 2010, 01:33 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post

Mike: Not sure what you mean about head wings but they do have wings for they are our little angels.

John
She'd be a beauty if it weren't for the Easy Wings you people have grafted on to her head. Is this one of Daniels new secret projects, the new FPV cyborg?

You know when you have to explain a joke it just isn't funny any more? Ah well
Mar 18, 2010, 09:42 AM
Usually John is a bit quicker than that. Maybe he needs another cup of tea.
Mar 18, 2010, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
coffee actually... it's been months and I mean months since I had a full 5 or more hours sleep a night. All good though.
Mar 18, 2010, 11:29 AM
plus vite plus loins
John, this picture is right?
Mar 18, 2010, 12:59 PM
Funjet,

DO NOT JUMPER THE RESISTOR AFTER REMOVING IT!!!!!!!

You will blow things up. Just remove it. Where the current sensor is concerned, please read (and follow to the letter - often in large bold red font) the following thread, especially the one concerning the current sensor (4th post):-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63

Daniel
Mar 18, 2010, 01:09 PM
plus vite plus loins

updated
Mar 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
Some have asked if the DOSD+ and the DL can be sold together for a rebate. I'm afraid that isn't offered at the moment, in part because the USD99 price is already a rebate. We are thinking of selling the first 20-30 (we're still deciding on this number) units at this price and then raise it back up to USD130. You can, therefore, think of the USD99 as the price after rebate.

Daniel
Mar 18, 2010, 03:07 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
I flew with the Dragon OSD over the weenend, and it is incredible !!! The new Dragon has the same FPV friendly display as the old Dragon, with some updates and additional features. Most importantly Daniel has kept the center of the display completely free of garbage or anything that would ruin the FPV experience. Newbies are wowed by F-16 type lines and a big dot in the middle of some OSD's, but we fly FPV to get the feeling of flight, and to see the world from our planes. If I wanted a bunch of lines, dots, and garbage covering the center of the screen and moving around, I would just play a flight simulator here on my computer....

The OSD comes pretty well set up, but the really neat part is there are pages of MANY MANY configurable settings for advanced users. So this OSD will work right out of the box for almost everyone, but if there is something that you need to change or adjust you will have the ability to do it The quality of the text on the new Dragon OSD is unreal clean, smooth, and beautiful, no blocky intrusive huge digits found in cheaper OSD's. Daniel is known for very elegant and simple solutions in his designs, and he has really done an incredible job with this OSD.

This OSD is tiny, small and light enough to put into any FPV plane, I burried my new Dragon OSD in the wingtip along with the Dragon Link in the plane pictured below. Most OSD's with autopilot and these features cost 300.00 or more. At 99 dollars, this OSD is a steal, this is a premium full featured OSD with autopilot that cost the same as the cheap bare bones displays now on the market. This will enable anyone on a budget to have a full featured OSD in thier planes !

Mike
Mar 18, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the valuable input Mike and I hope others who are about to enter this field will understand that the clutter screen look is really not so fun while are focused on the screen.. trying to navigate their plane safely. Secondly yes the entire menu layout has been well thought out hence Daniel's grey hairs
Now for those newbies... here is a photo of Dragon OSD+ along with our Dragon Link RX (Long Range System) which Mike used to navigate his plane with. You can see it's amazingly small as well!
Mar 18, 2010, 07:00 PM
all im seeing is another girl lol
Mar 18, 2010, 07:47 PM
Balsa addict
When available, how do we go about ordering OSD+?, who should we PM?.

Cheers, Kev.

Quick Reply