Oct 07, 2012, 04:27 PM
usaf3kteam
Man that was a change of tides way to go cheers to all.
Frank hope you ok
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
Closed Account
What a fun weekend!!! After putting on plane in the trees I figured I would chill out and time for folks. I simply didn't have enough ballast. My planes were both under 8oz so in that wind it was rough.

There were some great flights by some great pilots. Once again the food was incredible !!! This is a quality event and should be attended if at all possible. This is pretty much my favorite field to fly on.

I timed for Walter L in the finals and once he gets to know his concept even better he will be very tough to beat. I was honored to be asked to time for some good pilots this weekend. Thank you for the opportunity and trust.

luaP
Oct 07, 2012, 05:53 PM

DLG NC Contest 10/6/12

having fun in NC
Oct 07, 2012, 06:54 PM
launch high, fly low
Thank all for another great weekend! Glad to hear that you are doing OK Frank. Too bad didn't get the chance to kick everyone's butts this year inthe flyoffs, but next year another ECHLGF!
Oct 07, 2012, 07:42 PM
F3B and F3K
Glad to hear that you are doing okay again, Frank and bummer that you had to leave the fly offs.

That the 'DC lame ducks" swept the team trophy was of course contested by some representatives from Ohio and Kentucky. But ultimately the Wilson Supreme court deemed the formation of this SuperPac constitutional. Politics can be ugly.

Congrats to Oleg, Mike and Jeff. Great flying in some tough air.

I can't figure out what to do in fly offs. This time I did not finish my last poker flight, was a bit too greedy. Well, at least not as greedy as slim dirty, who went "all in" in some sketchy air (and flew fabulous 8 min!). Well, the DC gang is happy to have the team award at last...

Best,
Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Oct 07, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Oct 07, 2012, 07:43 PM
M Seid
Thanks dess crew! You guys rocked out another fantastic olegfest! Very rough conditions prevailed today. Swiss miss was my timer and vice versa for most of the weekend, and he flew a great contest. I would submit there were very few launches the entire weekend that were as high as retos....he flew great. Congrats to frank who had his support crew out on Saturday cheering him on in the double wide "duelie" stroller. Total shame not to have you in the flyoffs frank, but glad you made it home safe. Phil flew a very good contest. You know how he gets when he maxes a round. That's right....he mounts fellow competitors from behind.... And what a sight to see him chasing reto around the yard..it's seeared into my memory and now yours...

Thanks brady for timing me in the flyoffs! Thanks to the scores and the amazing food! More flight reports and stories but I will leave you with this for now: team Washington dc bulsh/t was formed after the 12 round was complete, on the field, and they coerced the scorer to enter them into the official record as a team...is that how we do it in America??? Ahhhh yes.. I guess so. Bruce, Gavin, we still crushed Carolina, but the damn crooks from dc stole it...
Oct 07, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks to DESS and all who helped and fed us!

Congratulations to Oleg, Mike and Jeff!

You DESS guys have definitely broken the code on hooking us "sportflyers of a certain age" for life. Pro-am, tactics instruction, LOTS of rounds......LOTS of great food!

A class production start to finish!

I shall return! (with new and more expensive models that I still can't throw very high)

Reid
Last edited by ReidRoberts; Oct 07, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Oct 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
hot air rises...
Congrats Oleg and everyone else. Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry about the early exit, Frank.
Oct 07, 2012, 09:17 PM
Great contest. I dreaded todays weather when I got up this morning but luckily it was unfavorable to all and not just me. I managed to pull off some very hard earned 1000 pt rounds in the cold windy weather and just barely skirted some ridge lift in the auld to sneak out some 3's. Overall great event and great flying by all. Thanks to all who timed for me and helped over the weekend.
Was there any final word on the shirts?
Oct 08, 2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhead159
Great contest.
Was there any final word on the shirts?
For those that ordered a shirt, please supply me with a mailing address and I will mail them to you as soon as they come in.

Thanks for your patience.

Dick
Oct 08, 2012, 05:55 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
. That's right....he mounts fellow competitors from behind.... And what a sight to see him chasing reto around the yard..it's seeared into my memory and now yours...

That DLG mating ritual is truly a sight to behold !!!

Paul
Oct 08, 2012, 10:57 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Thanks to all pilots that came and flew with us! For a small club of just a few people, we are VERY honored and humbled by the support that we get from y'all! please come again next year! Larry promised to do it again! Yay! Larry, thank you very much for the wonderful food!

Huge thanks to Dick, his wife Linda and sister in law Jan, for the lunches. As always - awesome food, cookies, etc!

Huge thanks to our tireless scorekeepers, George Oakey and Tom Steigeisen. Thanks you VERY much, we'd be in trouble without your help.

Huge thanks to Kyle Clayton for running the Friday events, and helping us with score uploading! And timing for me in the fly-offs!

Frank D - you were the best pilot on the field, no doubt. VERY sad to see you leave in the fly-offs. I am pretty sure you would have taken the 1st place. Next team selection cycle Frank will be on the USA team!

My personal performance left a lot to be desired. I could not get my head in the game again. Almost missed the fly-offs altogether. Landed on a tree once I got lucky in the fly-offs, but as I said before, if Frank were able to continue flying, he'd probably be the winner.

To all who ordered and paid for a T-shirt! sorry for this hiccup.
Please e-mail me and/or Dick your postal address.
Combine multiple pilots in one address if possible.
Dick will ship all shirts to you when they come.
They were delayed in shipping... Sorry!
Oct 08, 2012, 12:45 PM
M Seid
Hey, just curious, is anyone else feeling sick? Woke with the shakes, bad fever..still persisting.
Oct 08, 2012, 12:51 PM
Team Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
Hey, just curious, is anyone else feeling sick? Woke with the shakes, bad fever..still persisting.
I got sick late Saturday night. Which is why I did not show up on Sunday. Of course, I ate at Taco Bell, so... I probably got what was coming to me.

Otherwise had a blast, looking forward to next year!

Jason
Oct 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
ET

Thanks guys!

Well, this was my first ECHLGF but not my last. Everything from organization, planning, scoring, to providing the delicious food was soooo well run. For a club that only has fifteen members they do an amazing job. If there is such a thing as professional contest administrators these guys are IT!

A special thanks to Austin Sloan, he was the Pro to my Am on Friday. He turned out to be a very enthusiastic teacher; answering my questions while he was flying and pointing out my errors when I was the pilot. I learned a lot that I was able to apply to the next day's contest. Thanks Austin!

Thanks to all,

Eric
Last edited by eteet; Oct 08, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply