Aug 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimicrorc
cant wait for the concord, but isn't the real one twitchy and hard to fly at lo speed?
Not our designs. Here is a video slow & high alpha

Concorde SST HIGH ALPHA FLIGHT!!! must see!! (1 min 10 sec)

wkindred, I will look into the beech again and see what I can do.

Smokin_Joes, Thank you! Thank you and Thank you! Your birds are on the way...

Retracts still in R&D

Bert
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
these look so awesome and im definately buying one.

im curious, have you thought about a c-17 or an-225, not airliners really but similar and would look awesome
Aug 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
Thread OP
Yes, I have thought about the C-17. The t-tail configuration has already been tested on my 727 model and could be applied to the C-17. One major problem is that these models use rudder to turn left and right. This is accomplished by the rudder itself and dihedral angle in the main wings. The C17 and similar have Anhedral in the main wings (negative dihedral angle). With no ailerons, control is a little harder to accomplish.
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Aug 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
Crazy Canuck
I just ordered my 380 from you guys and just can't wait to get it. Have a question on the motor. It say you require a tail (6mm) rotor motor from the mcpx v.2 blade heli and use the same(11/2") prop from it. I got one and spun her up using a vapor brick also reversing the prop so the thrust is outward from the motor. I did noticed it got hot after about 4min. Is that normal? Is there enough thrust to actually make the jet fly with that little prop? I hope so.I think you're on a good idea and love it. I was also thinking of using some 1mm foam to make the fuse whole,think that would add too much weight? Maybe putting a next size up motor with a 2" prop would help that out.
Last edited by NEWBEFLYER; Aug 14, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Aug 14, 2012, 08:21 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
That Concorde looks awesome doing high alpha lol
Aug 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Happy fly begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER
I just ordered my 380 from you guys and just can't wait to get it. Have a question on the motor. It say you require a tail (6mm) rotor motor from the mcpx v.2 blade heli and use the same(11/2") prop from it. I got one and spun her up using a vapor brick also reversing the prop so the thrust is outward from the motor. I did noticed it got hot after about 4min. Is that normal? Is there enough thrust to actually make the jet fly with that little prop? I hope so.I think you're on a good idea and love it. I was also thinking of using some 1mm foam to make the fuse whole,think that would add too much weight? Maybe putting a next size up motor with a 2" prop would help that out.
Newbeflyer, I use that motor, prop and vapor brick on the 747. Watch my video a page back, most of that flight I was at half to no more than 3 quarters throttle.
Ambient temp was mid 60's and the motor was not warm to the touch after 10 minutes of flying using a nanotech 160 battery. The recomended CG was what I used and it was spot on.
Aug 14, 2012, 09:36 PM
Addicted
Hi guys. I received my DF-11 today. 5 days late!

But this was no fault of Dynamic Foamy. In fact, their customer service rocks and they offered to replace it since it was possibly lost. It arrived today, just after DF sent me a replacement. For those who don't know, USPS contracts Fed Ex (and my DF-11 is a Fed...Fx) to fly a percentage of their cargo. According to the USPS worker, it was probably sitting on a pallet waiting until the pallet was completed.

The new one will be returned since I received and built the original this evening. Anyway, here are pics. Maiden tomorrow! I am at 20 grams AUW, by the way. Thunder Power 160mAh battery, Vapor brick, mCPX motor and V2 tailrotor.

Last edited by Sixinarow; Aug 14, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Aug 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
Addicted
The banquet hall I was going to maiden in has a meeting until 4 pm. I'll maiden after that or outside and will get a video
Aug 15, 2012, 04:42 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
that looks awesome!

and ya that is what has been keeping me from building an an 225 in a similar manner. the wing shape isn't helpful and rudders are pretty small especially the antonov. i wonder, what do you think about tailerons and twin 6mm motors on the wings. somewhat like the old air hogs but with a bit more control. could be easy to do with an mcx brick. i think im going to try this haha.
Aug 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted
I maidened it. Very fun! My dumb thumbs had to get used to rudder on the right stick again. No video as my cameraman (brother) had a dentist appointment.

I crashed a few times, no big deal. However, the decals started to peel so I just tore them off. I love them and think they make the model but I couldn't get them to restick....

Maybe I'll take a magic marker to it!
Aug 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
Crazy Canuck
Thanks for the help there and I got my DF-380 today!! So into my dark dungeon man cave deep in the bowels of my home and locked the doors and put out the sentry dog and start working on it. This looks like fun!!! Will take pictures of my build (there's not much to build) and have it ready tomorrow.
Aug 16, 2012, 04:01 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Mine arrived today - woohoo
Aug 16, 2012, 04:50 PM
Crazy Canuck

DF-380 build

Well it arrived today and it comes well packaged (proudly made in the USA! Yipee) There is a nicely laid out decal sheet that are water side. The foam is laser cup and done really well. The instructions/tips on the CD is well orchestrated. Use glue sparingly as to keep the weight down. The Mcpx tail motor comes with the boom on it so be careful in cutting it off, I just nipped the end of the boom and peeled it back (being carbon fiber it peels). You still need to add on the extension wires that are provided. I'm using the vapor brick.
This should not take long to build so will report back by tomorrow evening on the rest.
Aug 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
tiger moth fiend
how about this:https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22678 ?
Aug 16, 2012, 07:40 PM
Addicted
My A380 also arrived today, on time! Thanks Dynamic Foamy, you rock!

I am about to start the build. I only have one brick and motor so I will wait until my DF-11 is toast before I put them in the 380.

I'll post after I'm done with the foam.

Quick Reply