Feb 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
Castle Support
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528
That's great if the Castle can control the soft start... as I find it better than the VBar soft start (VBar/CC together).

With MrMel testing, it should end a lot of confusion of what can & cannot be done maybe now we'll have a happy marriage of the two.

Thank you Clint... & Castle
Don't forget MR MEL as he contributes so much to us all!!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone
Don't forget MR MEL as he contributes so much to us all!!!
Its hard to forget Mr Mel... its one of the reasons I fly VBar with his excellent support. Along with the excellent support from Castle is the reason I fly Castle and continue to buy your ESC's while you both work on this External Governor feature.
Feb 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
A man with too many toys
What about other brands of governors? I have a SK720 that will be my first test case. Have you contacted Art Skookum?
Feb 02, 2012, 04:46 PM
Electric Helis is my game
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
What about other brands of governors? I have a SK720 that will be my first test case. Have you contacted Art Skookum?
Should not matter which governor, it might be slightly different during startup but otherwise it should not matter.

Well, I cannot comment on performance on the SK as I have not run it, for sample, when testing an ATG v3 on electrics back to back with VBar there is a big difference since vbar is tuned for electrics.

But if that is the same for SK, then it does not matter.
In other words: as long as SK is tuned for fast responding ESC's
Feb 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
A man with too many toys
The SK720 has separate governors for nitro and EP. They also have user programmable startup parameters. I think you are probably correct as the SK can be tuned to most any ESC and helicopter.

Feb 04, 2012, 08:39 AM
Redjestird Youser
Re the soft start issue...Vbar wants the esc to control it? I have a HW esc/Vbar gov with the soft start disabled in the esc (1.09 firmware)...nice and smooth...

Stealthy MiniProtos.wmv (4 min 17 sec)
Feb 05, 2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
Re the soft start issue...Vbar wants the esc to control it? I have a HW esc/Vbar gov with the soft start disabled in the esc (1.09 firmware)...nice and smooth...
You can get that to work on many system, but same setup will create kicks at start on some systems, it's unavoidable.

That's why it's even better if ESC handles first 1-2 seconds, then "let go" to the external governor who take over.

However, IF the external governor has gone "too far" the ESC need to slowly proceed until it catches up, and then hand over.

That's the optimal procedure which can made to work on all systems.
Feb 08, 2012, 09:17 PM
MrMel,
Any updates on your testing? Or are you so snowed in even your new Xxtreme can't be maidened?

Any feel for the ETA of this release? Weeks or months?
Feb 08, 2012, 09:54 PM
Thank you for continuing to work this issue. I love the fact that you've sent a test unit to MrMel. Hopefully it all works out and we'll all be enjoying the new firmware soon enough.

Lou
Feb 08, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cant ask that I should keep info updated here while testing, it's not my role, sorry.

I do fly, pretty much regardless of weather, not always enjoying it though and it might be far apart.
Testing of ESC's etc I do at home so that I do anyway.
Maiden flight of the XXtreme (3 min 52 sec)
Feb 09, 2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel
Cant ask that I should keep info updated here while testing, it's not my role, sorry.

I do fly, pretty much regardless of weather, not always enjoying it though and it might be far apart.
Testing of ESC's etc I do at home so that I do anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcEfLcFzo00
Fair enough.

Your Xxtreme looks awesome! And boy that looks cold. I like the radio bag.
Feb 12, 2012, 12:35 AM
Any news? I just got my 160 back from Castle yesterday and I'm getting antsy to try the new firmware on my Ballistic :-)

Lou
Feb 14, 2012, 10:26 PM
Anything?

Lou
Feb 15, 2012, 07:47 AM
We just got another Alpha version to test last Saturday. By the time it is tested with all variants of motors for start & proper run it will take about a week to see where this version falls in.
Feb 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers
We just got another Alpha version to test last Saturday. By the time it is tested with all variants of motors for start & proper run it will take about a week to see where this version falls in.
Hmmh, testing since october and still alpha

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=136

Quick Reply