Oct 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Usta,

You must be a cyclist yourself. Nobody that I have ever come across cares as much about this as you seem to.
Oct 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Chemotherapy saves your life, suddenly you believe in drugs.
Oct 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
Playing with toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
To the first french rider of course...
Thats about what I figured... How did I know that would be coming?
Latest blog entry: ...
Oct 11, 2012, 03:46 PM
Lance needs to team up with Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, BALCO and those East German swimmers from the '60s, to campaign for legalized performance drugs. Oh yeah, Roger Clemons, too.
How about separate leagues? Tour du Juice?
No holds barred... android, bionic, cyborg, replicant, Frankenstein assemblage of parts, whatever. We'd see some home runs then, by golly!
Oct 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon
Chemotherapy saves your life, suddenly you believe in drugs.

More like:

1. Steroids caused testicular cancer.

2. Get hospitalized and get chemo.

3. Realise in the hospital that you've got nothing to lose by going all out in doping.

4. Make a comeback and win the Tour DeFrance.

5. Get a bunch of guys on your team to all dope together, so your team dominates the race for several years and beats well established European teams.

6. Threaten anybody that says you doped with threats and lawsuits to keep them quiet. Stab all your friends in the back and dump them if they don't go along with you.

7. Start a cancer charity so nobody can say anything bad against you, unless they want to look like they're trying to defame an American hero.

8. Be a total hypocrite by showing up at cancer charity events pretending to be a good guy, when in fact you've been living a lie during the majority of your professional career.

9. When the truth finally comes out about what you've done, and the witness's testimony is overwhelming, just pretend your done dealing with the situation because you know you can't win or bully people around anymore.
Oct 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
More like:

1. Steroids caused testicular cancer.
I don't see where steroids are mentioned?

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/Testicu...ew-what-causes
Quote:
Also, most men with testicular cancer do not have any of the known risk factors.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213881,00.html
Quote:
But no published study links steroids use with testicular cancer in humans or laboratory animals. I couldn’t find a study that even suggested such a linkage. It’s not clear where Swift got the notion for his claim that “one of the possible side effects of prolonged steroid use is testicular cancer” – he cited no expert or study.
Oct 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
Usta,

You must be a cyclist yourself. Nobody that I have ever come across cares as much about this as you seem to.

Recreational bicyclist since 1986, and I used to follow all the big races in the USA until the mid-90's. I got to see LeMond race at the end of his career, and I watched Lance race at several races when he was just starting out at the national level.

Even back in the early 90's there were people I knew that worked at the races that met Armstrong and they said he was a jerk way back then.

These doping scandals pretty much killed my interest in following the sport in recent years, and they've made it harder for races to find sponsors due to all the bad publicity cycling gets these days.
Oct 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
I don't see where steroids are mentioned?

The whole Lance story started to get tbig back when he first got cancer, and his teammate Frankie Andreu and his wife Betsy overheard Lance tell his doctor he took a whole load of PEDs.

Quote:
The Andreus testified at the hearing that they heard Armstrong admit to taking a list of substances: growth hormone, cortisone, EPO, steroids and testosterone to his doctors.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fran...armstrongs-ban
Oct 11, 2012, 08:00 PM
Playing with toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
More like:

1. Steroids caused testicular cancer....

...because you know you can't win or bully people around anymore.
You have been grinding that axe for a while is it sharp yet?
Latest blog entry: ...
Oct 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
Cycling ranks right up there with Pro Bowling, and cup stacking. Why does anyone care about this anymore?
Oct 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Because of advertising revenue.
Oct 12, 2012, 10:50 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Because of advertising revenue.
I don't care about it because of advertizing revenue. Lance made it interesting for me for a little while. Now, I couldn't tell you the name of the guy that won the latest TDF and I'd don't care enough to look it up either.
Oct 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I don't care about it because of advertizing revenue. Lance made it interesting for me for a little while. Now, I couldn't tell you the name of the guy that won the latest TDF and I'd don't care enough to look it up either.
Yup.
Oct 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
Reserved Parking
One of the interesting things is, if all of this is true (haven't read the report but assuming it is fact now) the original goal of the puruit of Armstrong was officially to go after a single cheat to "clean up the sport".

What appears may have happened, is they found out that everyone in the sport uses PEDs and now because of this revelation no one wants to watch the races.

In going after Armstrong, they may very well have killed the game. Not to say they shouldn't have tried to clean things up, just that they may have bitten off more than they realized.

Time will tell.
Oct 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Time for me to Fly...
That kind of bicycle racing isn't as interesting to me as Mountain Bike races or even BMX for that matter. The races are too long and boring to make for a good spectator sport, IMHO.

Quick Reply