Jan 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
I may have read it and can't remember. What tx are you flying the msr with?
Me? DX7...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2011, 03:34 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
cool
Jan 14, 2011, 03:47 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
cool
Yeah, it's an okay radio. I've been missing some of the stuff on the Futaba 9ZHPS I had back in the day...
Jan 14, 2011, 04:05 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
I fly with a dx6i myself. I just learned something new on it today. I did not know that I could program how far the servo travels in either direction. I thought it was just a percentage of the whole. Whooo'd a thunk it? haha.
Jan 14, 2011, 04:13 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I fly with a dx6i myself. I just learned something new on it today. I did not know that I could program how far the servo travels in either direction. I thought it was just a percentage of the whole. Whooo'd a thunk it? haha.
Be careful to not introduce any binding into the system by "overdriving" the servos. If you turn the ATV (adjustable travel volume) up beyond 100%, check that the servos don't grind or buzz at full stick throw. Also check for both servos interacting with each other at the corners of max stick throw (i.e. full aileron/elevator at the same time) and listen to the swashplate servos. Back off the ATV until that noise stops as you're mechanically limited at that point and not getting any more flight control throw anyway.
Jan 14, 2011, 06:01 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Ok, I got it. Thanks.
Jan 14, 2011, 06:15 PM
Good advice! Not only the servo throw but the swash binding are issues that you can tune around! And if you ever get to the vtail point you can actually compensate for the chip restrictions in your TX on the cheap vtails such as the one HK sells for $3.00 by setting your throttle up to 125%. Also, and this is the biggie that separates programmable TX's from all the rest. You can adjust your throttle curve. This is just huge as now you can setup the curve for easier landings, find your natural finger or hand position and adjust your TX to compensate. And also run different curves on how you want to fly that day. Outside flying you can run an aggressive curve for sport flying that ramps up quickly, inside flying you can reverse curve the TX or do just about anything your heart desires. I always get a kick out of people that don't own a radio such as the ones we are discussing and hand out advice that the features aren't needed. Once you understand, you use them all. Good stuff!
Jan 14, 2011, 10:32 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Kinda like hd radio. Never needed it. Now that I have experienced it, can't live without it. Lee
Jan 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hey Lee, did you change out your Bol receiver to run with your DX6?
Jan 16, 2011, 09:34 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Not yet. I had too much else to do. It was taking too long to figuere out.
Jan 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
hey does the cx2 have a hi-lo extent option like the msr/mcx? my buddies dad just picked up a cx2 he wants me to help him trim it out, its been wet here lately so havent had a chance to take it outside, i saw his remote has trn button but i didnt see anything to change extent for newbies
Jan 16, 2011, 06:04 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Hey there hot Wheels. No the cx2 does not have a hi-lo option. Sorry. The trn switch is for a buddy box to help train a newby. Sorry. Don't fly it outside. At least not if there is any wind. Fly it in a living room or kitchen. Or, better yet a gym. Happy Flying. Lee
Jan 18, 2011, 06:30 AM
Hello Guyz,

I plan to buya CX2 or CX3...Iam a little confused, because I dont know really what is the differences between a latest version of CX2 and the CX3... ?

I was thinking to get a Lama V4, but Imnot sure about its quality...(compared to the CX2/CX3)

Thanks,
B.
Jan 18, 2011, 06:59 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz
Hello Guyz,

I plan to buya CX2 or CX3...Iam a little confused, because I dont know really what is the differences between a latest version of CX2 and the CX3... ?

I was thinking to get a Lama V4, but Imnot sure about its quality...(compared to the CX2/CX3)

Thanks,
B.
here is my personal opinion to this:
the differences between CX2 and CX3:
cx2 has a two piece fuse, CX3 fuse is ONE piece (mighty big PITA to work with!!)
CX2 has the "regular" battery cage/landing skid, which you can easily switch against the "unbreakable" version from boomtownhobbies (and they really seem unbreakable) while the CX3 has a landing skid that is pretty damage prone.
CX2 has a 3in1 that is supposedly inferior to the newer 3in1 in the CX3 (however, particularly with regards to the gyro a lot of reports say otherwise)
I think these are the "obvious" differences between the two, not sure how many more subtle ones there are, but those are the main ones I can think of

As far as the quality of the V4 goes, I dont think the CX is so incredibly much better quality - I would actually call them rather equal.
However, there are some very distinct differences between the two, mainly the servo- and the motor placement!
While the motors in a CX are BOTH in front, the motors of a V4 are one in front and the other behind the rotor mast.
While the servos in a CX are both in the back (and mounted sideways), the the servos in a V4 are on the sides and mounted lenghtwise. This will be of significance once you intend to use longer servo horns. While this is rather easy with the CX2/3, you may run into problems with the V4 ... which is particularly obvious/disturbing, if you want to run your V4 in a scale fuse!

Just my 2Cents

E2
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jan 18, 2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
here is my personal opinion to this:
the differences between CX2 and CX3:
cx2 has a two piece fuse, CX3 fuse is ONE piece (mighty big PITA to work with!!)
CX2 has the "regular" battery cage/landing skid, which you can easily switch against the "unbreakable" version from boomtownhobbies (and they really seem unbreakable) while the CX3 has a landing skid that is pretty damage prone.
CX2 has a 3in1 that is supposedly inferior to the newer 3in1 in the CX3 (however, particularly with regards to the gyro a lot of reports say otherwise)
I think these are the "obvious" differences between the two, not sure how many more subtle ones there are, but those are the main ones I can think of

As far as the quality of the V4 goes, I dont think the CX is so incredibly much better quality - I would actually call them rather equal.
However, there are some very distinct differences between the two, mainly the servo- and the motor placement!
While the motors in a CX are BOTH in front, the motors of a V4 are one in front and the other behind the rotor mast.
While the servos in a CX are both in the back (and mounted sideways), the the servos in a V4 are on the sides and mounted lenghtwise. This will be of significance once you intend to use longer servo horns. While this is rather easy with the CX2/3, you may run into problems with the V4 ... which is particularly obvious/disturbing, if you want to run your V4 in a scale fuse!

Just my 2Cents

E2
Thanks E2, it helped a lot! I will stay at CX...the price will depends that CX2 or CX3...

Quick Reply