Jan 14, 2021, 10:30 AM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Very nice.
Not 100% sure I'll grab this one but it sure looks good. Kinda waiting on a nice updated 1500mm Corsair or Sea Fury.
If I wasn't running out of places to put them I'd be buying one for sure.

Maybe I just need to crash a couple others to make room for some new planes

Great job Horizon, keep em coming
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2021, 10:35 AM
Closed Account
Nice, but for me, pass.
Jan 14, 2021, 10:59 AM
Looks good but a little pricey, guess all the foamies are now.
Jan 14, 2021, 11:03 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogCrewChief
Looks good but a little pricey, guess all the foamies are now.
A "little pricey?" Yup. And the ocean is a little wet.
Jan 14, 2021, 11:06 AM
The 1.5m mustang is awesome. I love the detachable wings. I’ll definitely be getting this one too.
Jan 14, 2021, 11:15 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireJoe
If I get this it will be all your fault!
We just won’t tell SWMBO!

RF
Jan 14, 2021, 11:26 AM
Nice model.
I see the same problems as with the P-51D 1.5m with somewhat harder landings where cracks appeared on the upper side of the relatively thin surfaces.
The legs of the FW 190A are long, so forces are already at work.
Jan 14, 2021, 11:39 AM
i have been wondering about the detachable wings. Are they easy to pull off without having to grip too hard and denting the foam? have you noticed them getting loser over time?

Thanks for any help!
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizjets
The 1.5m mustang is awesome. I love the detachable wings. I’ll definitely be getting this one too.
Jan 14, 2021, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb12
i have been wondering about the detachable wings. Are they easy to pull off without having to grip too hard and denting the foam? have you noticed them getting loser over time?

Thanks for any help!
Michael
The do get easier to remove/install over time, but with the right technique, it's not difficult even when new. I pull out a bit and back to pop the front peg loose, then pull out and forward to pop the back peg loose. I show this on a model that's only had the panels removed a few times before in this video after the ~18:25 mark...click this link to go right to that point in the video: https://youtu.be/yAh5FrO3fSs?t=1106

Or watch the whole video below:

Overview: E-flite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m and P-51D Mustang 1.5m (4K) (23 min 27 sec)
Jan 14, 2021, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
The do get easier to remove/install over time, but with the right technique, it's not difficult even when new. I pull out a bit and back to pop the front peg loose, then pull out and forward to pop the back peg loose. I show this on a model that's only had the panels removed a few times before in this video after the ~18:25 mark...click this link to go right to that point in the video: https://youtu.be/yAh5FrO3fSs?t=1106

https://youtu.be/yAh5FrO3fSs

Jason --

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated! I will be watching the whole video you can be sure!
Michael
Jan 14, 2021, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver52
Nice model.
I see the same problems as with the P-51D 1.5m with somewhat harder landings where cracks appeared on the upper side of the relatively thin surfaces.
The legs of the FW 190A are long, so forces are already at work.
As noted throughout the Overview video (and the Flight Talk video we'll post soon!), we learned a lot from the P-51 and incorporated much of that into the Fw 190A. This includes the landing gear mounts; they are much beefier/larger overall, and the plastic mounts go all the way to the top of the wing, as I specifically address after the ~11:15 mark...click this link to go right to that point in the video: https://youtu.be/yAh5FrO3fSs?t=675

I also address the tires, and mention the optional softer tires we also offer the Fw separately, after the ~12:25 mark: https://youtu.be/yAh5FrO3fSs?t=745

Overview: E-flite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m and P-51D Mustang 1.5m (4K) (23 min 27 sec)
Last edited by Jason M; Jan 14, 2021 at 12:08 PM.
Jan 14, 2021, 12:01 PM
Looks really nice. Possible bomb drop to be added........Thank you Jason for keeping us informed.....any clues for 1.2 warbird or perhaps any UMX planes coming this year ...i love the UMX range perfect to fly in the school field while the kids are at home and not allowed at the flying field...
Last edited by DARKANGEL1; Jan 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM.
Jan 14, 2021, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
Very nice.
Not 100% sure I'll grab this one but it sure looks good. Kinda waiting on a nice updated 1500mm Corsair or Sea Fury.
If I wasn't running out of places to put them I'd be buying one for sure.

Maybe I just need to crash a couple others to make room for some new planes

Great job Horizon, keep em coming
No plans for a 1500mm Corsair or Sea Fury, so you do need to grab one of these...even if it means making a sacrifice or two to the airplane Gods (as long as they're not E-flite airplanes of course )
Jan 14, 2021, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
First video from Pilot Ryan Media (https://www.youtube.com/c/PilotRyanMedia/featured) is up:

2nd Flight, Dialed In (includes some flying footage/images with the P-51D 1.5m!):
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m BNF Basic with Smart 2nd Flight, Dialed In (10 min 14 sec)

Our Flight Talk video plus more videos from Pilot Ryan, TheRcSaylors and others coming soon!
Jan 14, 2021, 01:08 PM
Work hard, play hard
I've pre-ordered one. I can't pass up a nice FW-190.

I do wish that it'd been a D-9 or a D-13, instead of an A model. There're a ton of A models, in various sizes, on the market already. I think that there's a big market for a nice foamy Dora, and it would sell better than another A-8, at least in my opinion.

Personally, I don't like the polka dot paint scheme. I'm going to repaint mine as Walter Nowoty's JG 54 Weiss 8, probably in winter white.

Since it's safe-select, I'm hoping that the Wurger can be bound with SAFE deactivated.
Last edited by Oxotnik; Jan 15, 2021 at 04:55 AM.

Quick Reply