Feb 10, 2020, 09:26 AM
Wayne Wimbish
I understand all of that, but I would ask, how often would an average or sport flier feel like flying in turbulent or high wind conditions? Most of their flying takes place in fairer conditions.
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2020, 02:12 PM
Time for me to Fly...
The only time I’d fly a light plane is when the wind is under 5mph. That’s almost never where I live.
Feb 10, 2020, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
The only time I’d fly a light plane is when the wind is under 5mph. That’s almost never where I live.
So, the AUWs of your CX5‘s are on the spot then
Feb 10, 2020, 04:01 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Imo, the light is still bloody strong. Did 86mph DSing it. At 2:35 onwards in this video

AUW 220g, no ballast

Weldon DS Fest Ep 4 (14 min 36 sec)
Feb 10, 2020, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON
Imo, the light is still bloody strong. Did 86mph DSing it. At 2:35 onwards in this video

AUW 220g, no ballast

https://youtu.be/6kRahfjmDFQ
How cool is that
Feb 10, 2020, 05:09 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
So, the AUWs of your CX5‘s are on the spot then
Now that I’ve reworked them, yes. The standard weighs 235g and the Strong one is 242g. I could get a light one but I already have a light NXT. Not much of a need or desire for another light plane at the moment.
Feb 10, 2020, 05:14 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
How cool is that
That is way cool! I wish I had some place to try that.
Feb 10, 2020, 10:34 PM
you're a madman Hewson.!!!! wicked flying dude
Nov 14, 2022, 04:52 AM
Hi,

What are these parts for?
it comes with CX5 accessory.
I bet it's sleeve for torsion springs???
Nov 14, 2022, 08:39 AM
Time for me to Fly...
You’re close to right. They are crimping beads for making the loops on the pull strings. I don’t generally use theses that are included with the kit. They are so small that I find them hard to thread the line through.
Nov 15, 2022, 08:53 PM
Hi Wiz,

I see,

Thanks
Dec 06, 2022, 11:54 AM
F3B and F3K
I had a nice flying session in the morning before work with the CX5 pro. Wind came right over the highway and hence the field was turbulent. Downwind or really high up it was nicer to fly.

Practiced quick turnaround under turbulence, and some launch practice.

Tried some new settings that come active in landing mode, combined with faster approach speed, to minimize fumbles.

I consider the CX5 a stable platform for QTs, but under turbulence, I saw still some potential to improve a bit.

Reto
Latest blog entry: Pull-pull: back to the roots
Dec 09, 2022, 09:18 AM
in awe of glide...
Reto,
Nice! I bet the temps are much more favorable in Texas than up here in New York state this time of year.

I sometimes come in w some reflex to have a little energy reserves in case I need it but I currently don't have a landing mode.

With the flaps deployed I do have what would normally be the down traveling aileron go up a little bit from the full down brake position so that it generates a little more lift instead of an adverse yaw and/or braking force. I was surprised how much this has helped the roll control when under full brakes. Too much and it stalls of course. I saw this setting in one of Roydor's vids.

What settings come active in your landing mode?

Intrigued,
Kirk
Last edited by Kirkerik; Dec 09, 2022 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Clarity
Dec 09, 2022, 10:03 AM
in awe of glide...

More Roll Control w Flaps Deployed Mix

You may already be aware of this Reto but if anyone else may be interested... Below is the aileron up travel mix w down flaps. I found a brief discussion about it this summer on Jesper's F3K program thread starting about here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2074

Here is Roydor's Vortex 3 chapter 11 video description:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=915&v=...ature=youtu.be

Hope it helps,
Kirk
Last edited by Kirkerik; Dec 10, 2022 at 12:10 AM.
Dec 09, 2022, 11:43 PM
Charles Martin
Try this

Vortex 3 building instructions - Chapter 11 (22 min 36 sec)

Quick Reply