Jan 13, 2020, 05:38 PM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Micro to this .... probably not. Minis .... more likely, this IS the next progression from a motorized tail mini as in the 230S/SV2 or even the ill fated and not that great 250 CFX that should have been called a CFS. Since I have a 300 CFX that I don't fly often I am on the fence on this one and see it as a leap forward from my 230S V2 size wise and more of a parallel to my 300 CFX as it has a lot of the same features, with the addition of being larger and having a bail out safety net.

I have not ordered .... maybe in the spring .... looks like a nice upgrade just awaiting better flying weather, we get the warmer than many days in the winter, with nice 10mph winds and 30mph gusts!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2020, 10:47 PM
Has anyone used the Download file from Spektrumrc for the Blade 330S? If so is it accurate or do there need to be changes made?
Jan 23, 2020, 09:16 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Ordered one (330 S BNF Basic) at my LHS. Can't wait to get it
Jan 23, 2020, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman0725
Has anyone used the Download file from Spektrumrc for the Blade 330S? If so is it accurate or do there need to be changes made?
I’ve been using the Spektrum files, they are the same as the recommended settings in the manual. Be sure to check all the settings in your tx before you fly! Good luck!
Jan 25, 2020, 07:23 PM
Voltage is LiFe

FC6250HX Helicopter Flybarless Control System (SPMFC6250HX)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM...-Manual-EN.pdf

Heli on order at LHS; I set the model up in my Spektrum DX6 Gen 3 transmitter per the current revision of the online manual, and noticed that the Panic Recovery or Bail-out function was activated via AUX 2 channel. As I only have a 6 channel transmitter this function is not available. Now, I could enable Panic Recovery by activating Normal Mode (self-level) but I wanted the option available in any flight mode. Reading the current revision of the FC6250HX's online manual I noticed the page that mentions how to enable Panic Recovery (see attached image). Can anyone confirm how they set Panic Recovery mode on their 330 S using "only" a 6 channel radio?
Jan 27, 2020, 10:33 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Called and confirmed the following with Horizon Hobby Helicopter Technical Support:

1.) The DXe trasmitter that ships with with the RTF version of the 330 S is a 9 channel version of it (having an AUX 2 function)

2.) The version of the FC6250HX Helicopter Flybarless Control System (SPMFC6250HX) on the 330 S has a slightly different version of AirWare than the open stock version of the new flight controller. As such, the mix in the previous post to enable Panic Recovery (GER->GYR) will not work in the 330 S; only the open stock version of the FC6250HX. The version of the FC6250HX that comes with the 330 S expects AUX 2 to activate Panic Recovery

3.) Panic Recovery or self-level will level the helicopter if upright, but will not upright and then level the helicopter if inverted; it will only level the rotor disc if inverted

4.) Panic Recovery is not available on a 6 channel-only transmitter. You will need a 7+ channel transmitter with AUX 2 to enable this bail-out feature

5.) Self-level is fully available, even on only a 6 channel transmitter, if the operator switches into Normal Mode which enforces self-leveling with limited bank and angle limits

6.) The BNF Basic's flight controller is all ready to go; no Forward Programming is required to set it up. However, at the present time, the AirWare in it is locked and cannot be adjusted. An AireWare update for it is "coming"

7.) All flight modes set to go from the factory: Normal Mode/ Stunt 1/ Stunt 2

8.) Remote gyro gain is fully available on the 330 S

I told them that I already know how to fly upside down, but that they should make it clear on the helicopter's product page that in order to activate Panic Recovery in any flight mode, a 7+ channel radio with an AUX 2 function is required.
Jan 27, 2020, 08:16 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Horizon Hobby Blade 330s Safe Mode and Tail PID Tuning with a YouTube Fan's Helicopter (10 min 7 sec)

CoeShow619 at it again. He is definitely adjusting Forward Programming options in the FC6250HX via a DX8 transmitter. Once I get my 330 S, I'll post if I can set/ adjust any of the parameters (Forward Program) the FC6250HX. I will also, just for giggles, try that GER->GYR mix, carefully

I can't wait to get it!
Jan 27, 2020, 09:16 PM
Justin Coe makes setting up and flying any heli look effortless. check out what he did with the 130S, 180CFX, 150S, and many others. the 330S is based on a fantastic air frame, it's relatively light, and flies very light. my 450X (same air frame)is absolutely my favorite 450, ATM. the only reason I have not bought the 330S is that I am perfectly content with that one.
Feb 02, 2020, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novastar
Called and confirmed the following with Horizon Hobby Helicopter Technical Support:

1.) The DXe trasmitter that ships with with the RTF version of the 330 S is a 9 channel version of it (having an AUX 2 function)

2.) The version of the FC6250HX Helicopter Flybarless Control System (SPMFC6250HX) on the 330 S has a slightly different version of AirWare than the open stock version of the new flight controller. As such, the mix in the previous post to enable Panic Recovery (GER->GYR) will not work in the 330 S; only the open stock version of the FC6250HX. The version of the FC6250HX that comes with the 330 S expects AUX 2 to activate Panic Recovery

3.) Panic Recovery or self-level will level the helicopter if upright, but will not upright and then level the helicopter if inverted; it will only level the rotor disc if inverted

4.) Panic Recovery is not available on a 6 channel-only transmitter. You will need a 7+ channel transmitter with AUX 2 to enable this bail-out feature

5.) Self-level is fully available, even on only a 6 channel transmitter, if the operator switches into Normal Mode which enforces self-leveling with limited bank and angle limits

6.) The BNF Basic's flight controller is all ready to go; no Forward Programming is required to set it up. However, at the present time, the AirWare in it is locked and cannot be adjusted. An AireWare update for it is "coming"

7.) All flight modes set to go from the factory: Normal Mode/ Stunt 1/ Stunt 2

8.) Remote gyro gain is fully available on the 330 S

I told them that I already know how to fly upside down, but that they should make it clear on the helicopter's product page that in order to activate Panic Recovery in any flight mode, a 7+ channel radio with an AUX 2 function is required.
I put the rescue function on the ‘A’ switch. Both of my Fusions 360 and 270 now stay in stability mode instead of reaching around for the ‘I’ switch.
Feb 03, 2020, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
Micro to this .... probably not. Minis .... more likely, this IS the next progression from a motorized tail mini as in the 230S/SV2 or even the ill fated and not that great 250 CFX that should have been called a CFS. Since I have a 300 CFX that I don't fly often I am on the fence on this one and see it as a leap forward from my 230S V2 size wise and more of a parallel to my 300 CFX as it has a lot of the same features, with the addition of being larger and having a bail out safety net.

I have not ordered .... maybe in the spring .... looks like a nice upgrade just awaiting better flying weather, we get the warmer than many days in the winter, with nice 10mph winds and 30mph gusts!
I was having trouble transitioning from my 130x to my 450 3D at the time due to the size difference. Then I purchased a 300x, and it was a dream come true. Flies like the 330s (450x), but not so intimidating. I still fly my 300x all the time, as it is one of my favorites. I still also have my 450 3D, but I converted it to fbl and stuck it in an MD500 scale fuse. I'd be interested in this 330s too, but I have two Forza 450's already, so don't need another in that size class.
Feb 03, 2020, 09:13 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Quote:
I put the rescue function on the ‘A’ switch. Both of my Fusions 360 and 270 now stay in stability mode instead of reaching around for the ‘I’ switch.
For me, it's digital switch 'C'. All of my planes (and helis) that have a Panic Recovery or bail-out feature can be activated by switch 'C'. I can instinctively activate it; I don't need to remember if it's a plane or heli, and that it's on a toggle, I can fly around in panic for a little while, until I get my wits about me, instead of having to hold down a push button.

Switch 'A' is set to "Throttle Cut" on all my planes; I have also, in addition to Throttle Hold, set this on my helis.
Feb 03, 2020, 09:15 AM
Voltage is LiFe
I have a dumb question; please bear with me

What landing skid nuts do you use on your Blade 450s? I can't seem to find any that will fit the ~4.4mm OD of the landing skids?
Feb 10, 2020, 05:23 PM
I purchased the RTF because I figured I could use the transmitter it comes with to buddy box with friends. I maidened the 330s Friday with the dxe it came with and it flew terrible out of the box. Nose down and hard left and it took alot to get it back and landed. Figured I would bind it to my Dx9 so I could figure out how to do some adjustments. I set up my Dx9 per the Manuel. All the control surfaces seemed correct accept the collective pitch. Throttle up swash plate goes down, throttle down swash goes up?
Feb 12, 2020, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op347
I purchased the RTF because I figured I could use the transmitter it comes with to buddy box with friends. I maidened the 330s Friday with the dxe it came with and it flew terrible out of the box. Nose down and hard left and it took alot to get it back and landed. Figured I would bind it to my Dx9 so I could figure out how to do some adjustments. I set up my Dx9 per the Manuel. All the control surfaces seemed correct accept the collective pitch. Throttle up swash plate goes down, throttle down swash goes up?
Did you figure this out? I crashed mine and put it back together and going through setup mine is the same. Reversed from instructions. When i first went through the instructions before i flew it i don't remember it being reversed from the instructions. Now it is as you said above but it seems like the pitch is working correctly?
Feb 13, 2020, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda1619
Did you figure this out? I crashed mine and put it back together and going through setup mine is the same. Reversed from instructions. When i first went through the instructions before i flew it i don't remember it being reversed from the instructions. Now it is as you said above but it seems like the pitch is working correctly?
I called Horizon and confirmed my settings were correct. They can't figure out why it's reversed. I suggested reversing the pitch channel to make it work correctly but they recommended sending the heli back to trouble shoot. Maybe flight controller issue.

Quick Reply